Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which truck should i get

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default which truck should i get

hey guys ive been looking at revos most lkly the 3.3 but i hear savages are good to i have a jato so im not a beginner but ive never had a monster truck so any suggestions are welcome please talk it up.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

well what are you gonna do with it. if your gonna bash then you can get savage. but im not gonna gurantee you wont be workin on it alot. and the chasis are so hard to fit your hands inside a smal little area. or you can get a revo and not work on it! but the revo is a race truck so if your gonna race then revo for sure but revos are great bashers to they hold up to anything you dish out so id say revo. LMK. if this helped.

kory
Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Revo Man, how many different R/C monster trucks have you owned, just curious.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Initiate

dude if your a begginer then definitly get a savage , since it's your first , the savage can take a beating alot MORE of a beating that a revo Ccan take, but the revo is more of a light basher racer, the savage is an offroading basher. i'd definitly get a savage cuz for a beginner u don't have to worrie about broken parts cuz the savage it tough
Old 07-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

about 7 ive had the tmaxx .15 and the 2.5 r 2 savages my LST an MGT and now my REVO 3.3 why? ooo and the best trucks out of them were my MGT my LST and my REVO 3.3! why?

Kory
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

why? becuase they suck
Old 07-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

I was just wondering, it just seems like you have no in depth knowledge of anything and just like to annoy people and throw around foul language, that's all.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

i know alot but everybody doesn't know everything where all learning. i'l just saying what i think a better truck is i have experience with both. wnad what foul language am i using
Old 07-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys thanks but id like to know exactly what is good about it like my friend says that every thing is burried and hard to get to on the savage like he says to get to the drivetrain you have to completley take of the two side chasiss plates but the revo everything is on the surface and easily accessable. just like a little more input thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Initiate

it doesn't matter with the savage uz nothing really braeks on it and just in case if u have to go and assces the drive train u don't have to take the chassis off. u can take the front or back end off very easy. just don't get it cuz u have to work on it more. u have to work on it any way. but all i'm suggesting for the first monster truck is a savage. you'll be happy parts hardly braek it a tough truck. parts r very easy to get and also the customer service is AWSOME. u get a 2 year warenty. just the other day on my starter that i already had for a year and a couple of months, one of the gears stripped on me, i called the com[any and they said sure we'll send u over a new set of gears. didn't even ask me for proof of perchase or nuthin.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i would go with the revo not to bash on the savage but what won the readers choice awards for 2 years in a row since its release? plus the revo handles awesome for a monster truck
Old 07-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

u could make the savage sit low easily just take out the shock spacer and then it will handle betterbut...
savage=basher
revo=racer

i like to bash thats why i vote for savage
Old 07-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

the savage has almost won me over but ive had traxxas three times i had bandit rustler electric then jato gas
one more question if i got the savage what should i do first lower the shocks or get a new motor and if i got the revo what would you suggest
Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

well it depends what do u want to do bash or race
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont have a savage so im not going to say anything about it but i do have a revo and i bash, not hardcore but i launch it off stuff pretty often and i havent broken anything stock yet.
ive onyl broken parts i put on there, which are usualy weak aluminum or somthing, (dont buy integy lol) only lifetime warrenty stuff (rpm ect...)

the revo is farly ez to work on.
but like everyone else said, if your going to bash then get a savvage cuz there good stock, if you wana race then get the revo, and if you put some upgrades on the revo like rpm a arms and stuff then it can handle almost anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.