Community
Wiki Posts
Search

revo 3.3 for a beginner???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes i have experience with them. i work on my friends t-maxx's all the time. they usually need work. mostly because of the engine. and the tranny....
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Man this post got all turned around and turned into a pissing contest. grevo_33 man if you like the revo go get it. Like i said before any truck you get your gonna wanna pull your hair out til you get good at tuning. Your gonna get mad but then your gonna get more mad when you find out your truck got put up for 3 weeks because of just a 1/2 turn on a needle. I am not downing any truck at all. I run a tmaxx with my brother and father-in-law running savages. I think they all have thier ups and down.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dracy69
yes i have experience with them. i work on my friends t-maxx's all the time. they usually need work. mostly because of the engine. and the tranny....
um ok 2 different trucks the trannys rnt even close to the same!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

i know, i was just sharing my t-maxx experience though.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

in a revo thread?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

they use the same engine's.....
Old 07-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

u wer talking about 2.5s and this is a 3.3 thread?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=duffman1977]Yeah the savage is a good basher. But in the past few years that i have been in the hobby i have bought and traded many brands. I started with a Traxxas nitro sport and after many others I am back with Traxxas. I have a Tmaxx 2.5R yeah it was a pain to tune at time but thats why this a hobby not a toy. You want a toy then go electric.{ probly gonna regret that} thats just my views......................

O YESSS!!!!definitely i agree with you bro...good point there...thats the word for it....revo is a hobby savage is a toy!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

man i think you will have some fun with whatever you get get what truck you like!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

thanks nitroguy.....appreciate that man....thanks!!!..
can anyone have a top ten list of parts,accesories,tools, etc. for a beginner like me before my revo knockin at my door???....thanks in advance for the help guys......
Old 07-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

50 wt shock oil gold rate springs do u want to get in to racing or just play around?cuz then i would recomend what i have on my revo
Old 07-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

maybe for racing....because after some galoons for this truck, i want to join racing & at the same time for bashing also... thanks man!!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Grevo,

I recently purchased the 3.3 after owning a TNX for the past 18 months. Let me tell you this truck is great right out of the box. The monly mods I have done so far was to replace the stock servos with Futaba S9451 and switch over to my Spektrum radio gear. I only use one steering servo and put the proline single steering servo arm to do the job.

I am a racer so I removed the stock tyres and rims and replaced them with Proline Velocity wheels(on 23mm hexes), and the new Proline Bowtie MT tyres.

I also have arriving next week the centre diff option and rear brake kit. Apart from that I am just going to play around with different spring settings until I find the ones that suit my style.

Also arriving next week is a RDracing starter box and backplate and crankshaft to convert to bumpstart as removing the easy start will reduce a lot of weight.

The traxxas website has lots of great information for revo owners including Slayden's setup sheets. (a good place to start if you plan on racing your revo).

The parts I used;

Tyres
Wheels
23mm Adapters
Steering Arm
Servo (throttle/brake and steering)
Centre Diff
Rear Brake
Bump Start Crankshaft
Bump Start Backplate
Starter Box

This is just my setup, I hope this helps. As I said the truck is great right out of the box, I had a bit of track time this morning and I couldn't beleive how great this truck is. I also have heard bad things about traxxas engines but break in was simple and so was tuning.

Just for you Proud Savage Owner, I have built a 4.6 Savvy kit and it was a pain in the ass to break in and get to tune. Why don't you do everone a favour and tie a heavy object to your leg and fall off a bridge some where. You always have to hijack other peoples threads with your Savage bullshit. You haven't owned a Revo nor do I think you have ever even had a drive of one so just keep your trap shut.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

why spend the money to convert it to a starter box? when he could buy a tz for 60 dollars more
Old 07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Personel choice. I have a TM in my TNX that I will eventually put into the Revo. I think removing the starting equipment is a better upgrade than putting in a TZ. But like I said it's personel choice, I was just trying to share some information on the upgrades I have done, why does feedback on these forums always have to be so negative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.