Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Arrma Kraton thread >

Arrma Kraton thread

Like Tree8Likes

Arrma Kraton thread

Old 02-14-2023, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Arrma Kraton thread

I just got back into rc hobby, I was active with the T-Maxx back in the 90's then life interferred, got involved again with a Mugen, and life interferred with a motorcycle, now back and how things have changed. I got a Kraten 6S V5 this month and have become addicted all over again. I kept doing searches for a Kraton thread and could not find one so I'm starting one. As most owners say, this thing is a beast, so I'm working on getting some driving skills back. Haven't broke any major parts yet, scratching up the body a bit, cracking the wing from flipping it over but that's to be expected. Getting the blue Notorious body for a replacement coming Thursday. Replaced my center diff oil with 500K with noticeable improvement, will replace my steering servo when I get the aluminum brace for it, no hurry cause I'm still working on improving my steering overall. I am working on making a jump for "Brutus" so I can jump him in the yard next to mine with neighbors permission. Front bumper is needed soon as well.

Body came in today, carving up tail to get it to fit on the Kraton.

Last edited by CALABASH1950; 02-16-2023 at 08:49 PM. Reason: updates
Old 02-19-2023, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Now I'm building a ramp for jumping, about halfway done with it now...

Halfway done...

Last edited by CALABASH1950; 02-21-2023 at 04:53 PM. Reason: updates
Old 02-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Finished the ramp this afternoon and had some daylight to jump it a few times. I see I need lots of practice...

plasma327 likes this.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Tech Initiate

After jumping and bashing, lost set screw for pinion, and two screws holding the back end on, glad I got a screw set, back up and running.
Old 02-25-2023, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

I've ordered some roof rails for my beautiful truck body:

and ordered more screws from Tony's Screws - https://www.tonysscrews.com/main.sc cause you can't have enough screws...
DARKWAV likes this.
Old 02-26-2023, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

The lid skids are in my mailbox right now, going to put them on the Notorious body now...will take pics when I'm done.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CALABASH1950
and ordered more screws from Tony's Screws - https://www.tonysscrews.com/main.sc cause you can't have enough screws...
Thanks for the link. You know, I've been wondering all this time if there was an online shop that specialized in selling packs of screws (specifically the durable black oxide 12.9 grade) to the RC community at reasonable prices. Now I do have a local store called Marshalls Hardware that stocks most of these screws that I can buy individually...and this is mostly how I have been able to stock up. However, they don't stock anything smaller than M3 in Button Head and Flat Head. They do have smaller sizes in Socket Head...but not M2.6. It is a little bit of a drive, more noticeable with the high gas prices we have now (time is a factor too, so busy these days!), so I'm not going there if there are just a few screws I need in one or two sizes that I don't have. In that case I'll take the hit with screws from AMain...the ProTek screws are good quality and aren't marked-up as bad as stuff from the RC vehicle brands (Traxxas, HPI, Losi, etc.). However, I see the prices at Tony's Screws are still way better than ProTek.
CALABASH1950 likes this.
Old 02-28-2023, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I added wheels to the jump ramp to move it around easier.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CALABASH1950
I added wheels to the jump ramp to move it around easier.
Looks heavy. How wide is that?

I hate that ten-eighty no longer makes a big plastic ramp. Light and easy to move around or take with you to a park. I used to have one. I was going to buy a second but then they were no longer available...and then an old person in the neighborhood ran over my ramp and dragged it under his car all the way into his driveway.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

It's not that heavy and with the wheels it's even easier to move around if I was to guess around 30 lbs more or less. I made it 2 and a half feet wide and it's just barely wide enough for me. I'm still new at it, so it's going to take lots of practice, I don't mind cause it's fun for me. The old person that ran over your ramp didn't offer to replace yours? I'm slowly building up my tools, today I got a temp gun that seems to work well, and re-padded my work bench. Bit by bit I'm getting back involved in running my truck.

Old 03-02-2023, 06:22 AM
Suspended

New awsome options

SCORCHED RC ALUMINUM STEERING KNUCKLES FOR ARRMA

New from Scorched RC are Aluminum Steering Knuckles for select ARRMA vehicles. These heavy duty steering knuckles are designed to fit vehicles like the ARRMA Talion, Typhon, Infraction, Felony, Limitless, Fireteam, and Mojave. Here are more highlights-

* Super smooth, super precise, and super strong
* PTFE linings for extra smooth movement
* Oversize bearings for increased durability
* Machined from 7075 T6 aluminum
* Fine adjustment via three 0.5mm pitch screws

The Scorched RC Aluminum Steering Knuckles are street priced at $73

this and alot more
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collections/arrma-kraton-6s

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/scorched-...les-for-arrma/

I have in my Kraton 6s EXB 1/8 and also 8s EXB 1/5 RPM Arms
these are great. Must have in Colder weather atleast

6s

A-arms for the ARRMA 6S (V5 & EXB)

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...e-of-vehicles/

8s RPM also have them to 1/5 Kraton

CALABASH1950 likes this.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the links!
Old 03-13-2023, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Ouch! The rear diff was making grinding sounds, so I took it apart. I know exactly what happened, I landed on cement right on the tail when jumping at the local skateboard park a few days ago, ordering an aluminum diff case from Hot Racing when I get paid. First time taking this apart, hoping I can get it back together again...I think I can, printing out exploded pic of rear end and will go from there.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Horizon now got TRUCK MONTH SALE

1/8 KRATON 6S V5 only 480$
/ 70$ coupon offUse Coupon Code TRUCK at Checkout.

Offer valid March 15th - April 2nd

Also Available at Your Local Hobby Shop

sale ends 4/2
CALABASH1950 likes this.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Finally got my aluminum diff case in but it was still not engaging like it should, it was skipping in the back diff. So I ordered another diff case from https://jennysrc.com/ and took the gears out of that and replace the rear diff and it's working like a charm now. The next thing I'm going to do is put in my stronger steering servo, it's just too cold to sit in my garage and work on it right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.