Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Corally Kronos XTR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

So, I have never owned a monster truck but am really thinking about purchasing one. How are people liking the 2022 Kronos XTR.

Last edited by Norse; 04-27-2022 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Norse
So, I have never owned a monster truck but am really thinking about purchasing one. How are people liking the 2022 Kronos XTR.
I can't comment on the 22, as mine is the previous version XTR. The newer version with the additional bracing and revised hubs should be even more durable - if you're into all that demolition Derby, jumping to the moon malarkey.

Like with any RC car, if you want to go full 'Kev Talbot', you'll still end up bending stuff.

My XTR has been great, handles well, jumps good, soaks up bumpy ground perfectly and is extremely fast on 6S It's also really smooth and quiet compared to other trucks.

Whilst it's described as a Monster Truck - it's a Truggy, with 3 diffs and big wheels/tyres. It handles like a......... bonkers truggy.

It's fab! Get one!

In all my years of RC, and about 40 cars later, the XTR is up there in my top 5.

It's also straight up 1st in the crazy, outright fast department.
Norse likes this.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's good.

Horatio, Norse and WTRC like this.
Old 04-28-2022, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Another great review, with some awesome sends! You sure do put them through some air! Lol.

Great stuff.

Like I said, it was your review of Corally and the electronics which made me pull the trigger on a black Friday mega deal last year and the XTR I run now.

Thank you!
Norse and RazorRC like this.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Horatio
Another great review, with some awesome sends! You sure do put them through some air! Lol.

Great stuff.

Like I said, it was your review of Corally and the electronics which made me pull the trigger on a black Friday mega deal last year and the XTR I run now.

Thank you!
Awesome, glad you enjoyed the videos!
Horatio likes this.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

I think the XTR in particular was designed to make a basher like the EXB, but with more agile performance - seemingly in a bid to seduce racers over to the darkside.

Most people seemed to agree that the Kronos wasn't as durable as the Kraton.

The latest version with it's central braces down the middle of the car beef things up for people worried about their >10 foot high jumps with it.

For some perspective though, the XTR was less money than the Italian engine in my Xray XT8.

These rigs are awesome bang for your buck. You can dot all the i's and all the t's later - so just go ahead and get one - and drive it the way you like!
Norse likes this.

Last edited by Horatio; 04-29-2022 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Question? Does anyone know uf BUILT FOR SPEED RC is a legitimate online hobby store? It appears to be located in the US and appears to be legitimate, however I am not certain, thus looking for confirmation.

Thank you
Old 04-29-2022, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Question? Does anyone know uf BUILT FOR SPEED RC is a legitimate online hobby store? It appears to be located in the US and appears to be legitimate, however I am not certain, thus looking for confirmation.

Thank you
Their site seems legit, but I've never heard of them and their physical location isn't stated. Contact is via messaging or email only.
Old 04-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Their site seems legit, but I've never heard of them and their physical location isn't stated. Contact is via messaging or email only.
i was wonderinvg about their location as you noticed as well there does not seem to be one. EURO RC has the 22 XTR in stock going to order from them.
Horatio and RazorRC like this.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Euro RC Kronos XTR

I've ordered from euro rc - no problems. Their prices are very competitive. Postage costs are prohibitive for smaller items, so it's best to place larger orders to mitigate it.

Now onto the much more important stuff:

Yaaaaaaaay! You're about to land yourself an XTR!!!! Awesome!

Enjoy - and don't forget to tell us all about it here!
Norse, RazorRC and WTRC like this.
Old 04-30-2022, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

i was wonderinvg about their location as you noticed as well there does not seem to be one. EURO RC has the 22 XTR in stock going to order from them.
Euro RC Kronos XTR

I've ordered from euro rc - no problems. Their prices are very competitive. Postage costs are prohibitive for smaller items, so it's best to place larger orders to mitigate it.
FYI, code: "rc5" gets you 5% off all orders
Horatio and Norse like this.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Default RAZOR

Thank you much Razor RC. This will offset half of the
shipping cost.
Horatio and RazorRC like this.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Very cool! Make sure if you're using this code to like and subscribe RazorRC's YouTube channel, which is great!

Nice one.
Norse and RazorRC like this.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default 6S Friendly On Road Tyres.....

And here they are......let's give them a go.

WTRC likes this.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

​Alright, so I put my wheels together today and 'dressed' the tyres.

The stock tyres on the Kronos XTR weigh 315g,

vs the belted JetKo Tyres at 441g -

- that's a 28.5% heavier wheel/ tyre combo folks!

But being belted means better stability, predictability, more contact patch and thus more traction on tarmac. Hopefully all these benefits will outweigh the additional rotating mass.

A really neat idea are the removable hexes. Note the castellated shape here with hex still being tightened. 8 x M3 bolts hold the hexes in place and it's definitely worth doing these by hand. In theory you can remove the hex and change to a different size if you swap, say, from a Corally to a Traxass.

It's not easy to tell how tight to take them, as the amount of torque required for the bolts to pass through the wheel feels just the same as it does when it enters into the hexes. Do the tightening order properly, tightening opposing bolts all the way round until it looks like this.

There's absolutely no need to over-do the torque on these, else the threads will strip out in the hexes and your wheels will be parting company from your truck very soon!

The tyres come with nifty, zip lock bags - so easy tiger - no need to cut them like I started to do - they're actually pretty handy to store your stock tyres.

Included are some stickers - one pair of tyres had a set of JetKo Cyotes, which is definitely going on the body.

The other pair had 'top best tyre' stickers - which I'm sure is quaint English but whatever - I'm preferring the coyotes!

For Kronos and Kraton etc JetKo recommended the 1/2" offset wheels. They clear everything fine, but the truck is definitely wider now by about an inch. This is likely a good thing if you want to try some speed runs on-road.

These road tyres are marginally smaller diameter, so this will lower the roll-out slightly, effectively lowering the gearing.

Fitted, they look absolutely bang on. Unlike some smaller scale trucks, the proportions are just right with these for 1:8th.

These tyres are described as medium soft (green) compound. The rubber is sticky at room temperature and likely be even stickier when running. I have absolutely no doubt that these are going to grip like hell on smooth, hard surfaces.

On dirty, loose or dusty areas, these tyres will just pick it all up like blutac and need to be scrubbed to get the traction back up again - just like full-size tyres.

Obviously, I can't wait to try them out! I'll head down the local showground while it's quiet. I'm sure that I'll break my personal speed record with these fitted.

The overall quality seems excellent. The fit and finish of the wheels, tyres and hexes are without fault.

My Dusty Motors shroud looks just like the latest truggy bodies! Better in fact...

I haven't fitted the sock shocks yet, which came supplied with the shroud, but I'll give them a go. I use them on my Baja 5B SS and they definitely help prolong the life of the seals and shafts etc.

I'm very pleased with the items, all of which arrived the next day from Modelsport via DPD - free postage!

So, shout out to Modelsport. Couldn't have done it quicker or cheaper.

Norse and WTRC like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.