R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Team losi lst project (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/1062979-team-losi-lst-project.html)

snowman49 02-05-2021 07:30 AM

glad you were able to find one, hope it wasnt outrageously priced as im seeing some parts going for nowadays, and hope it helps with your idling problems, yeah without using the primer while operating might be able to help it last longer, wont be as likely to get debris in it and mess with the o-rings, for me given that i never use them, as soon as i start running into tuning issues i just try to eliminate all possibilities. i did see in one of the FB groups im in, somebody sealed the plunger by popping off the black cap, and filling the whole plunger area with RTV, then installing the black plunger button again without full removal of the primer system.
cant wait to be able to go run my LSTs, especially the one i sort of "muggified", but soon as the weather starts turning around, by the time the weekend hits, it either starts raining or snowing. did end up taking on a few new project rcs though, and just about done so helping in the meantime till i can run again.

Losi215 02-06-2021 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by snowman49 (Post 15749177)
glad you were able to find one, hope it wasnt outrageously priced as im seeing some parts going for nowadays, and hope it helps with your idling problems, yeah without using the primer while operating might be able to help it last longer, wont be as likely to get debris in it and mess with the o-rings, for me given that i never use them, as soon as i start running into tuning issues i just try to eliminate all possibilities. i did see in one of the FB groups im in, somebody sealed the plunger by popping off the black cap, and filling the whole plunger area with RTV, then installing the black plunger button again without full removal of the primer system.
cant wait to be able to go run my LSTs, especially the one i sort of "muggified", but soon as the weather starts turning around, by the time the weekend hits, it either starts raining or snowing. did end up taking on a few new project rcs though, and just about done so helping in the meantime till i can run again.

yes sir i got it for 25$, bought it from a gentleman who I previously sold some LST1 parts to. You are so right about the parts. I think I got my lst back in April or so and the prices for used parts has risen sharply. Can’t believe what people charge anymore. I don’t know about you but I’m seeing people charge anywhere from 400$ for a POS Lst that’s caked in dirt, to over 1000$ For new in box ones. That’s good to know about the tank primer, I don’t use mine either so it should be okay I guess. I might try and do the sealing technique you spoke of with the cap and the sealing, not in a rush anymore on that. I’ve been lucky as I’ve been able to run 3-4 times since December on days that it happened to shoot up to 55 degrees or so. In general though I’ve just been going over my platforms and doing upgrades and basic Maintenance. I’m trying to master the art of shimming diffs. It’s not terribly hard but I don’t know exactly what to feel for when it’s too “loose”. I can tell when it’s too tight obviously.

good luck on your projects man! I almost bought a used rc10gt from my local hobby shop. Almost being the operative word. The dude brought it out and every single steel part was covered in rust. The engine had zero compression, and the spur gear was completely stripped. The guy who tried to sell it to me knows I’ve been in the hobby since I was a kid and tried to tell me “he hasn’t ran but 10 tanks through it, he’s stored it since only december( he must have stored it in the ocean), and the spur gear still worked lmao. I walked away fast but I was still tempted to buy it and fix it up. Kind of shocking how he tried to play me for a fool as generally this guy is helpful and knowledgeable and knows I only run nitro vehicles. Strange. I’m gonna pass on anymore more rc cars though as I have 4 now and really don’t need anymore. I’d like to have 50 of them to be honest, but I don’t have the money or the room. One can only dream. Thanks again for the help man, ride out the rest of winter and you’ll be good to go and run again. Take care bro

snowman49 02-07-2021 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Losi215 (Post 15749549)
yes sir i got it for 25$, bought it from a gentleman who I previously sold some LST1 parts to. You are so right about the parts. I think I got my lst back in April or so and the prices for used parts has risen sharply. Can’t believe what people charge anymore. I don’t know about you but I’m seeing people charge anywhere from 400$ for a POS Lst that’s caked in dirt, to over 1000$ For new in box ones. That’s good to know about the tank primer, I don’t use mine either so it should be okay I guess. I might try and do the sealing technique you spoke of with the cap and the sealing, not in a rush anymore on that. I’ve been lucky as I’ve been able to run 3-4 times since December on days that it happened to shoot up to 55 degrees or so. In general though I’ve just been going over my platforms and doing upgrades and basic Maintenance. I’m trying to master the art of shimming diffs. It’s not terribly hard but I don’t know exactly what to feel for when it’s too “loose”. I can tell when it’s too tight obviously.

good luck on your projects man! I almost bought a used rc10gt from my local hobby shop. Almost being the operative word. The dude brought it out and every single steel part was covered in rust. The engine had zero compression, and the spur gear was completely stripped. The guy who tried to sell it to me knows I’ve been in the hobby since I was a kid and tried to tell me “he hasn’t ran but 10 tanks through it, he’s stored it since only december( he must have stored it in the ocean), and the spur gear still worked lmao. I walked away fast but I was still tempted to buy it and fix it up. Kind of shocking how he tried to play me for a fool as generally this guy is helpful and knowledgeable and knows I only run nitro vehicles. Strange. I’m gonna pass on anymore more rc cars though as I have 4 now and really don’t need anymore. I’d like to have 50 of them to be honest, but I don’t have the money or the room. One can only dream. Thanks again for the help man, ride out the rest of winter and you’ll be good to go and run again. Take care bro

yeah its insane how the prices have risen, but on the flipside, its crazy how cheap some of them are as well. see road hard put away wet LST for 400$, then see a decent one randomly for like 200-250, doesnt make sense.
yeah learning diffs is definitely an experience, im always questioning myself weather it is perfect, or loose.
funny you say that you almost got an rc10gt, as that was one of those recent projects i have been working on. i have been meaning to post up a "build thread" on here, but just havent gotten around to it.
sucks in your case though how bad it was, and how it was portrayed by the seller....

Losi215 02-09-2021 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by snowman49 (Post 15749887)
yeah its insane how the prices have risen, but on the flipside, its crazy how cheap some of them are as well. see road hard put away wet LST for 400$, then see a decent one randomly for like 200-250, doesnt make sense.
yeah learning diffs is definitely an experience, im always questioning myself weather it is perfect, or loose.
funny you say that you almost got an rc10gt, as that was one of those recent projects i have been working on. i have been meaning to post up a "build thread" on here, but just havent gotten around to it.
sucks in your case though how bad it was, and how it was portrayed by the seller....

yeah man lst prices are all over the map for sure. Just saw a post on eBay where a guy wanted 140$$ for two used differentials. Lord have mercy. I feel like diffs are super important to master because I personally feel like it’s a PIA to even service them in the first place in any vehicle. But proper shimming can cut down on you having to take your diffs apart all the time due to wear. So it’s definitely something I’m working on.

Congrats on the Rc10gt man that’s awesome. Wanted one so bad as a teenage, used to go to hobby shops and just stare at the quality the the team associated oozed, compared to a Traxxas rustler for example. Definitely interested in seeing a thread on this, as I’ve been searching eBay. I want a stadium truck of some sort and an on road touring car to add to my collection at some point and then I’m DONE(yeah right). Take care buddy!

snowman49 02-11-2021 08:07 AM

yeah got really lucky in a few of the FB rc groups im in, definitely just something else about the rc10gts and XXXnts compared to the more "basher" STs, i will say the Nitro evaders have not done me wrong though, been great to me so far. not quite an AE or Losi, but very solid.
did start a thread over here, kind of copy and pasted from one i did on another forum, but didnt really feel the need to write it all out twice lol
https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-o...l#post15751767 is the link if you want to check it out.
lol are we ever "done" collecting cars in this addiction? i would love to get a nitro on-road, then i tell myself i am done, but i know that i am lying lol

Dyllancreu32 02-16-2021 10:27 PM

Losi 3xle

Hi guys just joined the forum,

looking for some advice on my Losi 3xle diff setup

i am rebuilding the diffs and was thinking of 200k in the rear and 100k in the front (if I can find any with Canada’s CRAP int.shipping) but what should I do in the center 500k? Anyone have any advice or tips would help a lot!

losi 3xle
traxxas rustler

Losi215 02-17-2021 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dyllancreu32 (Post 15754090)
Hi guys just joined the forum,

looking for some advice on my Losi 3xle diff setup

i am rebuilding the diffs and was thinking of 200k in the rear and 100k in the front (if I can find any with Canada’s CRAP int.shipping) but what should I do in the center 500k? Anyone have any advice or tips would help a lot!

losi 3xle
traxxas rustler

hey buddy! So I’m not well versed in electric, but I think 100k front AND rear will be sufficient. Also, I don’t believe the 3xle has a center diff, but I may be wrong. Someone else will be able to help better!

aeroburger 02-20-2021 06:21 PM

Also just joined, again, kinda, interesting thread. I'm hoping to eventually sell off my collection of LST's. I've read it takes 10 posts, of any kind to then show pictures in an ad.
Is this correct?

Losi215 02-22-2021 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by aeroburger (Post 15755744)
Also just joined, again, kinda, interesting thread. I'm hoping to eventually sell off my collection of LST's. I've read it takes 10 posts, of any kind to then show pictures in an ad.
Is this correct?

I wish I had a collection of LST’s! Kind of sad you sent to sell them all off, I would hold onto one at least as they are truly becoming sought after classics. Take a look at eBay and see what some people are charging for theirs. I believe it takes 10 posts to be able to post pictures, and it might take more posts than that to eventually try and sell your stuff here, if that’s what you plan on doing

eriken 02-23-2021 06:06 AM

You can also accelerate the process by becoming a member of the the forum, it's like $3 a month and you can cancel at any time.
See here for more info:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/payments.php

I still think you need 10 posts though, in order to post pictures.
So let's help you get there; can you describe your collection?

Snowman2jz 04-05-2021 03:28 PM

Anybody have aluminum bulkheads and pin covers they would sell or trade for?

Snowman2jz 04-05-2021 03:28 PM

Losi215 04-08-2021 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Snowman2jz (Post 15773182)

I’ve seen some hot racing ones on eBay but that’s all I could find. 35$ I believe