Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel brand recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

i used blue thunder for a long time with no issues also,the only problem i had with it if it was a problem was it got that blueish/green gunk that would build up on all the internals.

no biggie really i would pull the motor apart every gal or so and clean it up and all wa good again

and i heard the sam things with the blue thunder oh it will destroy your motor all that crap they put in it is no good,blah blah blah never had a problem with it in all the time i used it.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
im wondering has anybody ever used the hot bodies engine booster??? is that stuff any good? im wondering if i should get some or not because its 30 bucks on a like 100 ml bottle of the shizz so yeah..
First here are two site you can checkout for more info and the second site are first hand accounts http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/instr_neboost_art.html http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/instr...st_1sthnd.html
I had and old TRX pro .15 hanging around that just didnt have much getup and go any more ( would barly run to honest about it ) I put that engine in my DuraTrax OverDrive 4x4 and gave it a shot with the nitro boost( now mine you this engine was bascilly on it way to the trash or becoming a paper weight) during the first tank and half this engine came back to life. I treated the engine for three more tanks after that I ran the engine for 8 to 10 tanks and then retreat for two tanks. Once I finish the bottle I will buy another one to keep on hand in case one of my other engines decides to start dieing on me before I can replace the piston and sleeve. I also bought mine on e-bay for I think it was $ 12.00 or $ 13.00 dollars alot better than my lhs. One thing I you need remember is once you start using this stuff you will have to continue using it until you replace you piston & sleeve or you will notice a big differance in performance. I would recommend only using this on engines that you are tring to get a little more life out of.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

whats the difference between any racing fuel? I've been useing blue thunder ever since ive been into r/c in 98"
Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

I run mongoose juice. Its pretty good stuff. I dont know the oil contents. It doesnt say on the bottle, but I know it has plenty of oil. It is the only fuel I run that makes my front tires get real skinny. It also breaks the plastick driveshafts on the T-maxx. That is probably a bad thing though. Maybe I should run something else.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R/C Guy
whats the difference between any racing fuel? I've been useing blue thunder ever since ive been into r/c in 98"
well they all have thier own blend of what they put in it.

but race fuel will have less oil content for the most part and wont have all the additives that tend to give the basher a slight bog(as compared to race fuel)

this allows the engine temps to come up quicker for tuning and the extra nitro if you run higher than 20% burns better and it runs cooler.

i know several people that have run blue thunder even while racing it all depends on what you want.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

so I see now. but I thought running anything higher then 20% would shorten the life of your engine?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

if u run more than 20% in a small block engine (anything under .15) u will wreck it but i know some ppl that run like 25% in their RB .12's n stuff n they run great and big blocks usually like 30%
Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you run 30% you will have to tune the engine accordingly......it prob wont shorten the life. most peol run 30% in BB's and 20% in SB's
Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R/C Guy
so I see now. but I thought running anything higher then 20% would shorten the life of your engine?
yes and no

30% is harder on the motor plain and simple,the tuning window is also smaller it greatly increases the possibility of ruining the motor.
but alone it does not "wreck" the motor that is bad tuning the wrecks it.

also some companys use less oil with thier 30% and yes that will shorten the life of your motor.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any differential usage fuel for tropic area and for north polet area ?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dannylumanauw
Any differential usage fuel for tropic area and for north polet area ?
well in a way

if it is humid where you are running the motor will be struggling as it is,if you add more oil to the mix then it will be worse.

last summer he had a really humid night running on road at like 8pm it was 104* and the cars just seemed like they could not get out of thier own way,we tried richening them to bring the temps down but that made it worse.

one racer ended up going from his "sport fuel" to a race fuel and it seemed to really waken it up and run a bit cooler,he didnt change % just from sport to race formula.

it did seem to make the motor run a little better and was cooler than we were coming off 240+