Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree122Likes

Am I Crazy to Want the New Erevo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

E-revo 2.0 is cheapy, I mean it use plastic center shafts and plastic servos in 2018. I would love to see somebody defend that.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Give it up. You continually spew misinformation and it shows you simply do not understand the Traxxas vs Arrma patent lawsuit. It's not simply about laydown suspension and never was.

There was a Traxxas vs Vaterra lawsuit, or at least a threat of one. Vaterra changed one single part on the Twin Hammers and re-released it. It still has laydown suspension. No patent has been infringed. How does that not prove, to people like you, that the patent lawsuit is not about generic laydown suspension?

Don't hate Traxxas for protecting their property. Hate Arrma for being unimaginative and not having the ingenuity to design their own truck. They copied the Revo. If it was a simple fix to avoid patent infringement, like it was on the Twin Hammers, Arrma would have already done it. But in Arrma's case they shamelessly copied the Revo and obviously the fixes required to avoid patent infringement aren't cheap nor easy.

Also blame yourself for buying the copy instead of the original.
If I'm so ignorant for thinking the lawsuit is about lay down shocks then what is it about smart guy?
Clearly, The Nero is NOT a copy of the Revo. The chassis layout is completely different. The only similarity between the two vehicles is the lay down shocks. Your the one who is spewing misinformation.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

The revo 2.0 is a decent truck for modding that is all. But pretty much any chassi with "strong diffs", center diff and long wheel base will be suffiecient. In stock form I would never take it, electronics are low grade as well as wheels and body. It might seem that the revo 2.0 is all "new" it really isn't, it doesn't bring anything new except for stronger diffs and center diff which the revo 1.0 should have had 10 years ag anyways. ESC is the old inferior vxl6s that many had issues with in their x-maxx 6s and the motor is the same old 2200kv without any cooling fan. Better to convert the old revo as the parts will fit opposed to what traxxas reps says.

As far as nero being a copy of the old revo, hah, get real please I hope you are joking. The nero was a mix between savage xl, with revo style suspension and the rest is innovations from arrma entierly. Most trucks are similar to eachother more or less. The old revo was inferior both the savage xl and the nero, and the new revo 2.0 is a little bit worse than the nero. But I don't care about RTR casual daddy "RCs" real guys drive custom anyways.

Traxxas attract casual customers, just look at most x-maxx and revo 2.0 videos, most are casual daddys sharing their hobby with their kids, or sponsored vloggers. The only vlogger that dared to call out traxxas got alot of hate. The e-revo 2.0 from what I have seen is erratic, jumps and lands badly and is not even that fast because the esc, as I said before is not powerfull enough. All returned esc that traxxas got when people upgraded their x-maxx 6s has been used in the e-revo 2.0, that is why they have postponed the release because they don't have enough esc to supply to the trucks.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hold up now are we saying 65-70mph is not fast?

Truggy monster truggy truck whatever you call it speeds over 60mph get a little testie so fast is subjective.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Since when does it do 70 mph? My argument is that the ESC is weak and the motor is a generic 2200kv, nothing special. I just base my opinions from what I have read and seen from others.
Fate0n3 likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Give it up. You continually spew misinformation and it shows you simply do not understand the Traxxas vs Arrma patent lawsuit. It's not simply about laydown suspension and never was.

There was a Traxxas vs Vaterra lawsuit, or at least a threat of one. Vaterra changed one single part on the Twin Hammers and re-released it. It still has laydown suspension. No patent has been infringed. How does that not prove, to people like you, that the patent lawsuit is not about generic laydown suspension?

Don't hate Traxxas for protecting their property. Hate Arrma for being unimaginative and not having the ingenuity to design their own truck. They copied the Revo. If it was a simple fix to avoid patent infringement, like it was on the Twin Hammers, Arrma would have already done it. But in Arrma's case they shamelessly copied the Revo and obviously the fixes required to avoid patent infringement aren't cheap nor easy.

Also blame yourself for buying the copy instead of the original.
Hmm the lawsuit wasn't about lay down shocks.. You might want to get off the Traxxas bandwagon and do yourself a little reading... Try to start here with the lawsuit document

https://www.scribd.com/document/3200...nded-Complaint

Read slowly and pay attention to PAGE 11 where it specifically stats that is one of the Infringement of the ’886 Patent.

For all the people who are acting like they have a clue about lawsuits and patent infringement please stop and stick to RCs. You are making yourselves look stupid and further proving to the rest of the RC community that most Traxxas people can't see past their own noses as it is buried in Traxxas love. Do they make some cool products YES are they quality NO!! Look at all the electronic issues that still plague the X-Maxx just a single example. They made a vehicle which had faults and issues internally with the ESC what do they fix it? A smaller gauge wire to which they call a fuseable link which is designed upon a certain amount of current will melt itself and try to save the ESC. Funny part about this is what part of a wire melting should be called a fuse? The Revo was plagued with Diff issues if people tried to use them at 6s. My Xmaxx had nothing but trouble to the point I stripped out all of Traxxas electronics and guess what it became a decent little basher at that point.

Point being learn to read and research stuff before going off half cocked like you have, to only make yourself look stupid. If it was so simple of a fix than please explain the fix and what Arrma could have done? You don't even know what the lawsuit was about and you talking about fixes.
FunnieKid likes this.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
If I'm so ignorant for thinking the lawsuit is about lay down shocks then what is it about smart guy?
Clearly, The Nero is NOT a copy of the Revo. The chassis layout is completely different. The only similarity between the two vehicles is the lay down shocks. Your the one who is spewing misinformation.

Yes, the two trucks are nothing alike. You're right (not).

If you can't see that the trucks are so similar than I'm not going to bother discussing anything else with you.

Originally Posted by Fate0n3
Hmm the lawsuit wasn't about lay down shocks.. You might want to get off the Traxxas bandwagon and do yourself a little reading... Try to start here with the lawsuit document

Read slowly and pay attention to PAGE 11 where it specifically stats that is one of the Infringement of the ’886 Patent.

For all the people who are acting like they have a clue about lawsuits and patent infringement please stop and stick to RCs. You are making yourselves look stupid and further proving to the rest of the RC community that most Traxxas people can't see past their own noses as it is buried in Traxxas love. Do they make some cool products YES are they quality NO!! Look at all the electronic issues that still plague the X-Maxx just a single example. They made a vehicle which had faults and issues internally with the ESC what do they fix it? A smaller gauge wire to which they call a fuseable link which is designed upon a certain amount of current will melt itself and try to save the ESC. Funny part about this is what part of a wire melting should be called a fuse? The Revo was plagued with Diff issues if people tried to use them at 6s. My Xmaxx had nothing but trouble to the point I stripped out all of Traxxas electronics and guess what it became a decent little basher at that point.

Point being learn to read and research stuff before going off half cocked like you have, to only make yourself look stupid. If it was so simple of a fix than please explain the fix and what Arrma could have done? You don't even know what the lawsuit was about and you talking about fixes.
I'm not a Traxxas fanboy. I also won't claim I'm a patent lawyer that will 100% understand any patent lawsuit including the one you linked to.

But if laydown suspension is the issue, why did Traxxas give up on suing Vaterra as soon as they changed the rocker arm? Like you said, claiming to know everything just makes you look stupid. But you showed that hand when you said Traxxas doesn't make quality products.

BTW '886 refers to patent D567886. If you want to read it all and act like you understand it 100% and could argue it it court then go ahead. It's not cut and dry. Patent issues aren't simple enough for the average layman to understand fully.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US.../en?oq=D567886
Old 03-13-2018, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look man. I spent my hard earned money on an Arrma Nero. Well before the Traxxas lawsuit. I have a couple Traxxas vehicles. It makes me sick to think Traxxas is suing Arrma over the lay down shocks. There are lots of Chinese copy's of RC's everywhere. I just don't think the Nero is one of them. So what if the shocks are lay down. The chassis is completely different. The Revo doesn't have locking diffs. That's different. It leaves me and anyone else who purchased a Nero/Big Rock screwed. If any of you guys can't understand that, I don't know what to say. I'm pooched. I now have a $700 RC with no parts support or future. Why? Because Traxxas had the money to patent lay down shocks. How stupid. I guess maybe next they should patent using shock towers and sue everyone with shock towers. I don't have unlimited funds for RC. Obviously I made a huge mistake buying a Nero. Everything would be fine for me if Traxxas would just leave well enough alone. Now I own an expensive RC with no available parts or support. So that's why I and many others hate Traxxas. I just love RC but hate the bullcrap Traxxas is creating. Kyosho, Tamiya, and other old brands never sued each other over this stupid poo. Now Traxxas is making it an issue because other companies are coming out with stuff that's better and cheaper. Go ahead and defend it, your the idiot.
Quit being so butthurt, I wasn't talking about you specifically, or even this argument specifically, in my post that you were replying to. I was talking about any thread about Traxxas vehicles, because those threads inevitably start circling the drain within the first couple pages.

I did a search for "Arrma Nero spare parts" and I got a bunch of hits. I suppose the spare parts that are available may not be useful to you depending on what you're breaking. But suffice it to say this is why I build my RCs for maximum durability instead of maximum power -- because spare parts will always dry up eventually.

I'm sure there are aftermarket parts available too. As you pointed out, a lot of our RC stuff is manufactured in a country that doesn't recognize intellectual-property laws, and a lot of our RC stuff is sold directly to consumers by vendors based in that country.

I've spent thousands of dollars and scoured eBay for years accumulating piles of spare parts for vehicles I own that were discontinued before I even got into the hobby, so for anyone complaining about spare parts being hard to find, my sympathy level can only be expressed using imaginary numbers. Besides, we all know the Nero is a superior vehicle to the E-Revo in every possible way, so I'm sure the drivetrain will hold up well over time. Treat your RC like it's valuable (which it is -- it costs as much as an iPhone) and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for pointing this out. It's the proof that at least part of the lawsuit is about lay down shocks. I guess Jatotheripper just chooses to ignore that and tell me I'm spreading misinformation lol!
As far as the Revo and Nero obviously being similar...... yea sure they are similar in that they both have lay down suspension. THE SIMILARITIES STOP THERE. Everything else is different. Let's make a list. Chassis- different, Bulkheads-different, Suspension Arms- different, Radio- different, Entire Driveline- different. Do you see my point here? Most RC vehicles are very similar. Take 1/8 truggys for example. They are all damn near copies of each other. Thank god Traxxas hasn't started making one and patented a pan chassis, or shock towers lol!

I guess you're not a Traxxas fanboy with the name Jatotheripper! Lol!

Last edited by Micah78; 03-14-2018 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, the two trucks are nothing alike. You're right (not).

If you can't see that the trucks are so similar than I'm not going to bother discussing anything else with you.

I'm not a Traxxas fanboy. I also won't claim I'm a patent lawyer that will 100% understand any patent lawsuit including the one you linked to.

But if laydown suspension is the issue, why did Traxxas give up on suing Vaterra as soon as they changed the rocker arm? Like you said, claiming to know everything just makes you look stupid. But you showed that hand when you said Traxxas doesn't make quality products.

BTW '886 refers to patent D567886. If you want to read it all and act like you understand it 100% and could argue it it court then go ahead. It's not cut and dry. Patent issues aren't simple enough for the average layman to understand fully.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US.../en?oq=D567886
LoL you further proved my point the document I linked originally is the specifics of the lawsuit. You said and I quote
It's not simply about laydown suspension and never was.
the reality is that is what this lawsuit against the Arrma Nero is about. They are suing for other things knowing they won't get it all but to try for something. You guys keep saying stupid stuff like the Nero is a copy, I think you guys should spend some time actually looking at the products here are some videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpgzAdKlxcA&t=16s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wsLCaTOO0&t=300s

These trucks do have laydown suspension and pillow ball but that is about it. Drive lines are completely different, ESC and motor placement is different, other than the two obvious ones I don't see much else.

The problem with this lawsuit is Traxxas didn't invent anything at all they just put a patent on something that was already invented and had been in use for years. Tamiya vehicles used it long before Traxxas, Pillow ball has been used by Mugen long before Traxxas thought to use it.

You can not deny Traxxas vehicles are plagued with issues like I said find me a E-Revo owner that ran 6s and bashed and didn't have driveline issues or diff issues? Find me an Xmaxx owner that hasn't had ESC issues even the 8s version my ESC didn't last a month. It came right out of the box with the intermittent braking issue. When posted on Traxxas own forum about these issues and found others with the same exact issues I was than banned because I wouldnt agree that traxxas makes the ultimate product and they sell overpriced products with sub-standard electronics. Which is also funny that in January they did a firmware upgrade that fixed the random braking issues. If Traxxas makes such quality why is that we haven't seen a race vehicle were people NEED quality and reliability. All this and not a single rc in the race realm. To add to all the people who bought all this telemetry stuff and gps stuff to get speed and than Traxxas released a firmware update that allowed the ESC to display a lot more information and made quite a bit of the stuff bought useless. People can't deny traxxas does shady stuff, I love it because Traxxas lovers can't deny this stuff only go quite and than try to quickly change subject. How many other RC companies have you known that had ESC burning down RCs?

The reality of this is what Traxxas is doing, is bad for the community of RCs. Less competition is bad for EVERYONE, from what I have seen locally of people with Arrma Vehicles and my sons Kraton they are built extremely strong and backed by a 1 year warranty which is a lot more than I can say for Traxxas 30 days on electronics ONLY on a $899 vehicle. I am done in this littler argument as I have found out locally people for some reason swing tightly on Traxxas, good luck to you with the brand hope they treat you better then they did me and my friends that have used and all had trouble. Out of the 4 local Xmaxx all of had trouble ranging from ESC to diffs breaking on stock trucks. The Xmaxx is by far a super cool truck not gonna lie I own one but as I stated before it doesn't have any Traxxas Electronics in it, it is full Castle 2028/XL2.

Last edited by Fate0n3; 03-14-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

esc that burnt down rc..LRP quantum 2.. 1 lap then up in flames total junk...many castle brushless version..Kershaw designs (not just junk)..
Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thank you for pointing this out. It's the proof that at least part of the lawsuit is about lay down shocks. I guess Jatotheripper just chooses to ignore that and tell me I'm spreading misinformation lol!
As far as the Revo and Nero obviously being similar...... yea sure they are similar in that they both have lay down suspension. THE SIMILARITIES STOP THERE. Everything else is different. Let's make a list. Chassis- different, Bulkheads-different, Suspension Arms- different, Radio- different, Entire Driveline- different. Do you see my point here? Most RC vehicles are very similar. Take 1/8 truggys for example. They are all damn near copies of each other. Thank god Traxxas hasn't started making one and patented a pan chassis, or shock towers lol!

I guess you're not a Traxxas fanboy with the name Jatotheripper! Lol!
I don't know if you're a child or not, but sure act like it.

The patent does not say no other company can use laydown shocks nor does it say Traxxas invented laydown shocks. If you took a second to read it goes into the ornate nature of the shocks and how they appear from the top, side, etc.

Again, I'm not a patent lawyer and I can't interpret that and I damn sure know you can't. But again, the fact is that Traxxas does NOT prevent other companies from using laydown shocks. If the patent was for laydown shocks, alone, Traxxas would be suing more companies.

I'm still baffled you can't admit the Nero borrows its design heavily from the Revo in more than just the suspension. Your ignorance is laughable.

LoL you further proved my point the document I linked originally is the specifics of the lawsuit. You said and I quote the reality is that is what this lawsuit against the Arrma Nero is about. They are suing for other things knowing they won't get it all but to try for something. You guys keep saying stupid stuff like the Nero is a copy, I think you guys should spend some time actually looking at the products here are some videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpgzAdKlxcA&t=16s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12wsLCaTOO0&t=300s

These trucks do have laydown suspension and pillow ball but that is about it. Drive lines are completely different, ESC and motor placement is different, other than the two obvious ones I don't see much else.

The problem with this lawsuit is Traxxas didn't invent anything at all they just put a patent on something that was already invented and had been in use for years. Tamiya vehicles used it long before Traxxas, Pillow ball has been used by Mugen long before Traxxas thought to use it.

You can not deny Traxxas vehicles are plagued with issues like I said find me a E-Revo owner that ran 6s and bashed and didn't have driveline issues or diff issues? Find me an Xmaxx owner that hasn't had ESC issues even the 8s version my ESC didn't last a month. It came right out of the box with the intermittent braking issue. When posted on Traxxas own forum about these issues and found others with the same exact issues I was than banned because I wouldnt agree that traxxas makes the ultimate product and they sell overpriced products with sub-standard electronics. Which is also funny that in January they did a firmware upgrade that fixed the random braking issues. If Traxxas makes such quality why is that we haven't seen a race vehicle were people NEED quality and reliability. All this and not a single rc in the race realm. To add to all the people who bought all this telemetry stuff and gps stuff to get speed and than Traxxas released a firmware update that allowed the ESC to display a lot more information and made quite a bit of the stuff bought useless. People can't deny traxxas does shady stuff, I love it because Traxxas lovers can't deny this stuff only go quite and than try to quickly change subject. How many other RC companies have you known that had ESC burning down RCs?

The reality of this is what Traxxas is doing, is bad for the community of RCs. Less competition is bad for EVERYONE, from what I have seen locally of people with Arrma Vehicles and my sons Kraton they are built extremely strong and backed by a 1 year warranty which is a lot more than I can say for Traxxas 30 days on electronics ONLY on a $899 vehicle. I am done in this littler argument as I have found out locally people for some reason swing tightly on Traxxas, good luck to you with the brand hope they treat you better then they did me and my friends that have used and all had trouble. Out of the 4 local Xmaxx all of had trouble ranging from ESC to diffs breaking on stock trucks. The Xmaxx is by far a super cool truck not gonna lie I own one but as I stated before it doesn't have any Traxxas Electronics in it, it is full Castle 2028/XL2.
Garbage. That's what you spew.

Nobody said Traxxas was perfect. But to say they don't make quality products is wrong and it shows your bias.

What Traxxas is doing is NOT bad for RC. Patents protect a company's inventions and forces other companies to innovate. It baffles me you can't see that. It's the way the world works. Get over it.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know if you're a child or not, but sure act like it.

The patent does not say no other company can use laydown shocks nor does it say Traxxas invented laydown shocks. If you took a second to read it goes into the ornate nature of the shocks and how they appear from the top, side, etc.

Again, I'm not a patent lawyer and I can't interpret that and I damn sure know you can't. But again, the fact is that Traxxas does NOT prevent other companies from using laydown shocks. If the patent was for laydown shocks, alone, Traxxas would be suing more companies.

I'm still baffled you can't admit the Nero borrows its design heavily from the Revo in more than just the suspension. Your ignorance is laughable.

Garbage. That's what you spew.

Nobody said Traxxas was perfect. But to say they don't make quality products is wrong and it shows your bias.

What Traxxas is doing is NOT bad for RC. Patents protect a company's inventions and forces other companies to innovate. It baffles me you can't see that. It's the way the world works. Get over it.
You and reading apparently don't work so lets dumb this down a little more.... What exactly did traxxas invent? Spend some time doing research their is a thread on reddit that shows that Traxxas was NOT the first RC company to use lay down shocks or pillow balls. Tamiya did the lay down shocks Lay down Dampers also before but yet we don't see Traxxas going after them do we?

For your next question name me 1 product of Traxxas that doesn't require hop ups to make it bullet proof? Name me 1???????

All their pride products the T-Maxx plague with crappy arms and suspension that is why every T-Maxx that exist to this day is running RPM arms and different shocks

E-Revo plagued with differential issues when ran on 6s, the plastic tastic drive line breaks to the point that Traxxas put out their own metal drive line to fix the problem that they put in the truck

X-Maxx ESC fires and bad diffs

Do I really need to keep going on??? Like I said you won't see anything past the point that Traxxas is super cool look at your username.... LoL

Like I said before the point of a patent is protecting something you designed but in the US it has become who finds an idea and rushs to the patent office first. Traxxas invented NOTHING other than the stupid Lipo ID plug which is stupid and pointless and forces a person to use different plugs or use their own crappy chargers which I am sure you will come back to tell me how great both are and I already have a nice link to a guy that did a tear down of their latest charger and gave a review of it based on him being an Electrical engineer. Lets just say his review finished with advising people to stay away from the charger and buy a quality one.

You literally can't keep your arguments straight... do yourself a favor go to Traxxas's forum and stay their you start this previously qouted argument with

The patent does not say no other company can use laydown shocks nor does it say Traxxas invented laydown shocks
Than you say

What Traxxas is doing is NOT bad for RC. Patents protect a company's inventions and forces other companies to innovate
SO first you stated the patent doesn't say that traxxas invented the shocks than you say it is their to protect the company's invention...... THEY DIDN'T INVENT ANYTHING!!! So what exactly is the patent their for again?

Listen do yourself a favor go and put on your favorite Traxxas shirt and ignore the rest of us and just enjoy them but you aren't doing yourself any favors trying to argue and further prove my point. You skip answering any big questions that might show Traxxas doesn't make quality... Do they make some cool RCs YES but far from quality, go and buy yourself a Losi 8ight-T and compare it an E-Revo even bashing the 8ight-T is quite a bit stronger and doesn't require drive line fixes or replacement diffs to handle its own power.
FunnieKid likes this.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

What Traxxas is doing is NOT bad for RC. Patents protect a company's inventions and forces other companies to innovate.
I don't want to debate you guys on the over arching theme here, you guys can have that. I will say that protecting patents almost never has a positive influence on an industry. In fact it allows the protecting company in most cases to rest on their laurels and tout a "feature" other don't have as something special.

This doesn't feel like the proper place really for this discussion, but patents are almost never the catalyst for innovation and this is an almost universal truth of economy. (yes, I'm a boring finance guy with a boring finance job). Lots of patents aren't even held by the original owner, but are bought and kept locked up tight, especially when a patent can infringe on a large companies market share.

I wouldn't go so far as to say patents aren't important or even necessary but patent law is rarely about who is right or what is right for an industry. Patent attorneys delve into deep technicalities and guys like me spend a lot of time determining if the money makes sense in the pursuit, purchase, license of patents.

When my boss gets a proposal for an action item in our company, we NEVER discuss impact on the industry. Its up to us (not me, my analysts are way smarter than I am) to forecast the cost-benefit and that is the only factor.

Anyway, my point is in this long way around is that we can't say if its good for the industry or not. The effects may not be known for a couple quarters or even a few fiscals. The statement that it is "NOT bad for R/C" isn't knowable yet.
Fate0n3, FunnieKid and Biz73 like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Just read the traxxas forums, there seem to be common issues with servos and ESC. Is this any surprise? They use the crappy 2075 plastic geared servos and the vxl6s which is from the first generation x-maxx, an ESC that had a universally bad reputation.

I get irritated that the use bad quality components on a vehicle that should be the next big hit, come on plastic servos in 2018! They could have easily added the metal gears for the servo stock.

The e-revo 2.0 don't seem to be a high quality product, or at least very inconsistent.

Most RCs suffer from a few parts being weak but traxxas takes this to an extreme level as history has shown us. Brands like arrma, losi, hobao, CEN and even HPI have all better quality components from factory in their MTs, you don't need to upgrade them to the extent you need to do with traxxas to hold up to their advertised features.

Traxxas acts like it is some state of the art to use "metall CVD, Maxx size diffs and center diff" but this is old tech. All MTs on 6s should have those features to beginn with.

Both e-maxx and e-revo were bad truck compared to the other brands above. Both e-maxx and e-revo used undersized components and alot of plastic rather than steel and aluminum. The e-revo 2.0 is an improvement of course but still we see signs of cheap mentality with plastic center shafts, plastic servos and a questionable ESC etc.

Look at the Losi 3xle it comes from factory with all steel drivetrain, proven 1/8 scale diffs and center diff once shimmed, big shocks and a spektrum radio system and 1/5 scale servo. Looking at the e-revo 2.0 everything seem undersized and cheaped out compared to the losi, and the losi cost less. Traxxas business model has always been marketing, they add little value on stock products and then offer a bunch of option parts while other brands offer alof of value in stock form as well as some option parts (but not mandatory for improvement).

As I said before, looking from a strategic point of view, suing arrma to get rid of nero and big rock was the best thing to do to fill the marked with a similar vehicle i.e the revo 2.0. Traxxas are smart people they played this perfectly because they could. If nero and big rock would still be sold and to a lower price, how many would buy the e-revo 2.0 other than traxxas fans? Why should they, it is inferior to the nero and big rock anyways.
As far as traxxas not bothering so much about vaterra, well the nero and big rock were far more agressive competitors to traxxas e-revo 1.0 and e-revo 2.0 than any vaterra.
Fate0n3 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.