Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Zone Summer racing Starts May 1st!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

OOps I came on race day

Lots of fun and met some nice folks!

Q1: I had lots of trouble clearing the jump with my P2K2 T4. What pin/spur are folks running?

Q2: I have a brushless Novak system in my buggy. Should I just give it up and run my bro's RTR w/ P2k2 or is there hope for my FT brushless?

Thanks for the sunburn ... oh and the race as well
Old 06-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fritz
Q1: I had lots of trouble clearing the jump with my P2K2 T4. What pin/spur are folks running?

Q2: I have a brushless Novak system in my buggy. Should I just give it up and run my bro's RTR w/ P2k2 or is there hope for my FT brushless?
I run a P2K2 in my T4 with a 16/87 pinion spur combo. With that set-up, I can clear the jump all night long. Going too tall is gonna put a big strain on your motor, and we've seen quite a few go up in smoke this year on that tight layout!

As far as the brushless set-up, it might be a little much for the track, especially in the buggy...most of us are running stock motors. I ran a 12x2 V2 in my B4 for a couple of weeks, but it proved to be just as fast, if not faster, to run stock.

Glad you came out to run, and hope ya had a good time!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

n a P2K2 in my T4 with a 16/87 pinion spur combo. With that set-up, I can clear the jump all night long. Going too tall is gonna put a big strain on your motor, and we've seen quite a few go up in smoke this year on that tight layout!

As far as the brushless set-up, it might be a little much for the track, especially in the buggy...most of us are running stock motors. I ran a 12x2 V2 in my B4 for a couple of weeks, but it proved to be just as fast, if not faster, to run stock.

Glad you came out to run, and hope ya had a good time!

Thanks for the reply.
I spend the day. I mean the whole 10 hour day at the track.
My truck was down, but I think I know what the problem is.
I had a RTR and I couldnt clear the jump either with a 14/84 also a p2k2. Unfortunatly by the time I figured how to clear it, some one else was running AM.
And here it is. Tires. I ran my brushless most of the day. After about 4 hours my M3 evil twins (which work fine at the lake that is TCHR) were bald to the bone. Long story short the folks in the store helped me get some new tires. Bing bang bong... mmm bong...

I'm probably not getting enough grip on either the stock truck or buggy to make the jump.

Well, I have to go look under the couch now to see if there is enough change for a set of tires for the truck
Old 07-03-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

The rain has ended, and it's time to charge up the packs, and get ready for some RACIN'!! It's Sunday, SUNDAY, Sunday!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We have a updated track layout!

We changed the layout of the north end of the track and added a whoop section!!! We have also re-worked things so we can run the track in both directions. We will run the track counter clockwise on Sundays and Clockwise on Wednesdays...

Also starting Wednesday July 27th the new start time will be 6pm sharp. Everyone needs to be signed up by 5:40pm. If you are going to be late call the store.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

It's been a great year for racing at the Hobby Zone track, and this could be one of the last Sundays of the year! Get'em charged up, and come on out to the Zone for some racing!! It's supposed to be sunny and 55 degrees...PERFECT!!

See ya at the track!!