Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drivers Etiquette @ TCHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Shrekair: Is your real identity Cary Beck? If so shut up.J/K, see ya Saturday.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

the dally lama
nope i'm not pokieshrek
Old 03-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Okay.....hmm.....Dolly Lama......Ah, Jason Cheng.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Madison,
Thanks for the .02 cents. I agree with your comments as well. If the experienced drivers could help us out with some constructive criticism when it seems appropriate in addition to our responsibility to understand driving etiquette, the world would just be a better place. Eeeyah.....Gegody gets caught on the sappy train. Time to quit while behind.
I'm looking forward to hitting the track on Saturday. I hear the layout has changed.

Talk to ya...

Gegody
Old 03-14-2002, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Madison,
Are you only interested in a Factory Team TC3?

Talk to ya.

Gegody
Old 03-14-2002, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Gegody:

The only sedan i'm looking into getting is a FT TC3. I think it can be hard for a Sportsman some times going into a class with experienced driving, because some of the more competitive drivers put lots of time and work into there equipment and get frustrated and some times blame other drivers for there mistakes or getting in the way. If the Sportsman drivers and Expert drivers could communicate better it would be a great thing. I would never try and discouraged I driver bumping up to a higher class, just try and let him/her know what they are getting into. We have to try and remember that the Sportsman drivers are the future of Rc, whether we accept it or not we where all once at that level. If you are getting discouraged, just stick with it practice and it will get a lot better. Racing is supposed to be a fun thing to get away from work and the real world, but at any track in any country or state your going to have one or two guys that will kinda reck that atmosphere, those are the guys that you ignore and eventually quit. Geogody, racing is fun stick with it, hope to see you at the track some time.

David Madison
Old 03-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

"david madison"
Old 03-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Madison,
Thanks again for the correspondence. Too bad for me you're only looking for factory team.
I would have to say that I am not the least bit discouraged. I take the hobby for what it is to me: entertainment. I see many individuals come unglued and can't quite understand the severity of their disposition. If I ever do get to a point where I am too serious to enjoy, it would suit me best to take a break from the hobby. I don't see that ever happening myself. I enjoy the driving, camaraderie, atmosphere, and people. I have been quite an attendee since October and plan to continue to participate. I'll certainly see you at the track.

Regards.
Gary Cornwell
Old 03-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

cant we all just get along???
Old 03-15-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

David, would you like an X-Ray? Send me an e-mail if you want to talk. I will give you a good price.
Old 03-15-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Baudler:

Yes I would. Let me get your e-mail or send me one at [email protected].
Old 03-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As far as what I'm looking for when I'm trying to lap someone, I'm mainly looking to see that they have control of their car. As long as they're getting around the track consistently, then I'll find a place to get by if they don't give me one right away.

There's the unspoken "three corner rule" which states that lapped traffic has three corners from when the leader arrives at their rear bumper to when they should specifically move out of the way. If they haven't moved out of the way at that point, then they unofficially lose their right to complain of being punted. I don't subscribe to that theory as far as the punting, but I start getting uptight after about 3-4 corners if I haven't found a place to get by.

People making the jump to Expert though should already be familiar with the concept of lapping others and being lapped. I really haven't run across any trouble with people seeing me come to lap them, and hearing them say "go low this corner" or "I'll swing wide on the next one" or seeing them go off line when I get there.

-------------------

Baudler, didn't you JUST get that X-Ray? Whassamatta?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

one weeks?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

In reply to simulatedwood's post on 2-19-02,

Shawn you are a hack and a cry baby, and you could never and I mean never run fender to fender with any one in expert stock. Just thought I would get that off my chest.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Good Lord......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.