Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition" >

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
Call victor

Fgsupply.com
+1
Old 05-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can we run our 5th scales on May 18th?
Old 05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Absolutely, we want to showcase the cars early in the season to recruit new drivers .
I know that Ed and Tony will be there with their other cars. It will be an exhibition only so no points for this race.

I will be in Mexico on a business trip otherwise I would be there.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
SCHEDULE POSTED ON THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!!!!
Bump to this page....
Old 05-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RS5PoisonClan
Hi Ray, I live in Toronto Canada and race 5th scale and would be interested in attending one of your races! Please let me know when you post the schedule or is there a website I can go to? I need to get on as many tracks as possible before I go Race in Italy in October. Peace, Hugh
Hey Hugh, "My canadian brother from another mother!" How the family? What this about you going to Italy? You need to PM me and tell me about that!

1/5 in Australia was off the chain, and I am going back soon. Anyway, I hope you make it out to Wagner Park, Ray Murray runs an excellent program, and I can promise you, he will make sure you have a good time. Let me know when you are coming, you can stay with me.....work that "on a bussiness trip thang."
Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Truth be told, this is my dilemma for pitting this season....

With the additional lanes, originally the plan was to pit in the hockey rink. Thinking this through more, logistically, this will be easier said than done.

Reasons are:

1. There is only one three foot opening (in the center of this pic) for people to come in and out of, which would get tight loading in and out, and between races. We could probably make additional openings, but don't want to go there yet....

2. People will be walking onto an active lane once they leave the hockey rink and may cause confusion/collisions to anyone who may be practicing/warming up.

3. Racers will have to walk around the track to get to the drivers stand. A little more of a hike especially if you have to run back to your pit for something.

4. Gonna need to run more electric cord to supply hockey rink with electric.

This being said, I think it will be better to pit on the grass to the right of this pic....

I know the grass doesn't get mowed as much as we need, so we will have to have a plan to do it ourselves.....

I'm trying to figure this out before opening day to make it go as smooth as possible....
Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

I'm really looking forward to opening day... 17.5 TC, here we come baby, make it do what it do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmbNjpbl00
Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

nothing but FUN FUN FUN last year (can't wait for this year)
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Back in the day (1/4 scale Grand National Oval Racing) we ALL pitted on the grass behind the drivers stand, but I think I got Malaria, ticks, and jiggers,etc. from being there. Just sayin. I would say long pants are out (it's shorts season anyway), and bring plenty of DDT, Deep Woods Off, Skin so Soft, and many battery operated sonic pest repellers as your belt will hold. One thing I've noticed different from then and now is that the foliage has crept in closer to the perimeter of the track than it was when we ran oval there making it much tougher to get our full scale cars in and around the track. The East side of the grassy knoll has overgrown to the extent that it's no longer passable by car (which is the side we used to enter the grassy pits from), whereas you could leave using either side of the grassy pits.
With a machine to reclaim the space behind the drivers stand, and proper parking of our full sized cars/trucks I would guess we could pit about 20-30 cars worth of racers if some discipline in space allowance (no RV etc.) was considered. Overflow would probably spill out around the West corner and into the field?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by passMeNdie
Back in the day (1/4 scale Grand National Oval Racing) we ALL pitted on the grass behind the drivers stand, but I think I got Malaria, ticks, and jiggers,etc. from being there. Just sayin. I would say long pants are out (it's shorts season anyway), and bring plenty of DDT, Deep Woods Off, Skin so Soft, and many battery operated sonic pest repellers as your belt will hold. One thing I've noticed different from then and now is that the foliage has crept in closer to the perimeter of the track than it was when we ran oval there making it much tougher to get our full scale cars in and around the track. The East side of the grassy knoll has overgrown to the extent that it's no longer passable by car (which is the side we used to enter the grassy pits from), whereas you could leave using either side of the grassy pits.
With a machine to reclaim the space behind the drivers stand, and proper parking of our full sized cars/trucks I would guess we could pit about 20-30 cars worth of racers if some discipline in space allowance (no RV etc.) was considered. Overflow would probably spill out around the West corner and into the field?
You should get tested for Malaria again after that post....LOLOL

I heard that micro24 (Ralph) will be our official lawn service.....THANKS MAN!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oladele
I'm really looking forward to opening day... 17.5 TC, here we come baby, make it do what it do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmbNjpbl00
Originally Posted by gearhead_22
nothing but FUN FUN FUN last year (can't wait for this year)
Thanks guys....I think everyone will like running on the new bigger layout...
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Thanks guys....I think everyone will like running on the new bigger layout...
bigger is more gooder
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Will 17.5 Tc also run the larger layout?
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default o

Hello All....track is lookin good Ray...gonna try and go up as much as I can to see what needs to be done...and try and get those things done. And I gotta fire up the cars...1/5th is too high dollar for me but they do look cool...see you all soon...cyaaaaaas
Old 05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

I have one for sale YOLO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.