Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition" >

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJCCR at Wagner Park 2014 "Counter Clockwise Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Gonna dust off the nitro VTA If it starts Ill bring it for fun lol bringing the 17.5 and trying to get some signage...might not get them by sunday but I'll get some....cyaaa all soon
Old 05-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooterman19
I have one for sale never used it built it but didn't power it yet

I don't need to buy one, I want people to bring them out.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert Little
Nice job on the boards Ray, see you Saturday
Hahaha, yeah, longer and "Little-Proof" now....I even beveled the ends just in case....LOL
Old 05-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Couple things that popped in mind this evening, have we decided if the regular Sunday program is running the old layout from last year, or is it the 1/5 layout? Secondly, on the subject of pitting, on the asphalt as we did last year, the hockey rink, or in the grass? I'm trying to be as prepared as possible come Sunday.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
Couple things that popped in mind this evening, have we decided if the regular Sunday program is running the old layout from last year, or is it the 1/5 layout? Secondly, on the subject of pitting, on the asphalt as we did last year, the hockey rink, or in the grass? I'm trying to be as prepared as possible come Sunday.
I think this Sunday will be a good test on the 1/5th layout to see how everyone likes it....If it is successful, I wouldn't mind running the 1/5th layout in the regular direction for the faster classes....

That being said, pitting for this Sunday will have to be in either the hockey rink or on the grass.....Grass still has to be cut as of today (Thurs) and expecting a bunch of rain on Friday....I will try to have a pitting plan as soon as I hear from our designated lawn care racing guy.....coughcoughRalphcoughcough....

If we pit in the hockey rink, people might be able to load/unload their stuff over the back wall of the rink, easing some congestion through the only door in the front wall....

Since this is a non points race, I will be looking at a lot of logistics and listening to suggestions to make the new layout work....
Old 05-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

I wonder if the township would object to our cutting and hinging gate openings (not wide enough for a car) in the hockey rink wall utilizing the wood cut from the wall itself? That way we would have to park the full size cars outside the rink making the best use of the inside of the rink for racer's pit areas? My suggestion to where the opening would be would be the West end of the rink, and possibly another at the rear of the rink (the South wall).
Old 05-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by passMeNdie
I wonder if the township would object to our cutting and hinging gate openings (not wide enough for a car) in the hockey rink wall utilizing the wood cut from the wall itself? That way we would have to park the full size cars outside the rink making the best use of the inside of the rink for racer's pit areas? My suggestion to where the opening would be would be the West end of the rink, and possibly another at the rear of the rink (the South wall).
Mike mentioned that also the other day, and I think that will be the best solution....Both ends of rink has chained link fencing on top, so the west end wouldn't work....

I can see an opening or two, in the south wall for loading in and out....Hmmmm.....Skill saw ready.....

Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Is it sunday yet!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long time since I've seen the SJCCR crew.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Mike mentioned that also the other day, and I think that will be the best solution....Both ends of rink has chained link fencing on top, so the west end wouldn't work....

I can see an opening or two, in the south wall for loading in and out....Hmmmm.....Skill saw ready.....

You're right! I forgot about the chain link atop the wall. Looking at your picture I was just wondering (and hoping!) who will be the first one to T bone the existing opening in the rink wall? (not funny, but funny in a bad way)
Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
We're gonna have an "Odds and Ends" party at Wagner this Saturday afternoon around 1pm....

Timing loop is done....Speakers are done....Trash is done (Thanks magee)

I bought and painted up some timbers to re-do the outer board so hoping to anchor them to the asphalt....

Depending on the weather, maybe start painting the new lanes....wet asphalt permitting.....LOL

Micro24- You gonna be okay with the grass? Will bring my mower just in case....
Bump....
Old 05-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Latest word is that Super Lawn Care Guy Ralph is at the track now cutting down the grass in the pit area we will use tomorrow! THANKS RALPHIE!!!!

From what he told me via phone, the freshly cut area will be for pit space. Please park in the uncut area....

I am going down in about an hour (at 1pm) to hopefully anchor the new board with marcosmecha and his super drill...LOL

I'm also bringing the computer and p.a. to make sure they are working, so if anyone want to bash with laptimes, bring your stuff....
Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Is piting in the hockey rink an option for those who would like to?
Old 05-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oladele
Is piting in the hockey rink an option for those who would like to?
For tomorrow Yes....We did come up with a good plan today to make pitting in the rink safe for all, but won't have it ready by tomorrow, so if use caution leaving the rink....The grass is beautifully cut so people can pit there too....

Gonna need a hookup for hay bales if anyone knows where to get them...
Old 05-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry all...I won't be making it tomorrow...caught a stomach flu and since there isn't a bathroom there I would be in some trouble lol besides don't wanna get anyone sick...typing from my bed as it is...hope everyone has a great day and I'll cyas next race day or practice during the week. Be safe and have some fun out there...thanks Ray for always keeping it going....ttyl...
Old 05-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In route to to put in a good day of racing. See you soon Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.