Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
trip the end where the turnbuckle goes into. we basically cut down the RPM ones to the size of the stockers from what i recall.
That only really needs to be done with the long shank RPM cups. The standard versions are the correct length. It doesn’t do anything to help them binding on the studs though does it?
Old 02-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racknpinion

That only really needs to be done with the long shank RPM cups. The standard versions are the correct length. It doesn’t do anything to help them binding on the studs though does it?
we still trimmed the standard ones from what I recall as I didn't order the long ones.

As but binding on the studs, didn't really have that issue but running carpet. wonder if dust getting into the ball area and the tighter fit causing binding to be seen more?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
we still trimmed the standard ones from what I recall as I didn't order the long ones.

As but binding on the studs, didn't really have that issue but running carpet. wonder if dust getting into the ball area and the tighter fit causing binding to be seen more?

Huh. I have them on my old truggy and they're only 1mm longer than stock. The only thing I do for the threads is lightly grease the turnbuckle before assembly. Makes threading them on and making adjustments much easier.

The binding wasnt caused by dirt or dust or anything. I always keep my cars spotless and am fairly OCD about it, but this happened from new. Others have reported similar issues, but it doesn't seem to effect everyone. Tried all manner of things, but no joy. Others seem to like them and thats cool. I just don't care for them.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Tech Legend

Huh. I have them on my old truggy and they're only 1mm longer than stock. The only thing I do for the threads is lightly grease the turnbuckle before assembly. Makes threading them on and making adjustments much easier.

The binding wasnt caused by dirt or dust or anything. I always keep my cars spotless and am fairly OCD about it, but this happened from new. Others have reported similar issues, but it doesn't seem to effect everyone. Tried all manner of things, but no joy. Others seem to like them and thats cool. I just don't care for them.
maybe it is tolerances relative to RPMs ball cups. . Not sure if the color matters either. But yeah, we still trimmed them. adjustments were easier that way.
racknpinion likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

That's very possible about the tolerances. I considered the whole color thing as a variable as well. I didn't recall the old blue ones I had being as stiff as the purples. Seems odd that a color would effect things, but I've heard crazier things.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:18 AM
Tech Legend

That's very possible about the tolerances. I considered the whole color thing as a variable as well. I didn't recall the old blue ones I had being as stiff as the purples. Seems odd that a color would effect things, but I've heard crazier things.
I should take a look through one of my parts bags here as I have a lot of old items older cars here and see if any of them fit better. I mainly didn't think of it to really try since they didn't have pass thrus so I figured might as well just get the rpms.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

I put mine up for grabs on eBay.

In case anyone is interested here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233127766784

This thread highlights most of the upgrades I've put into it, just gotta go back far enough or look at my posts.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tacon now has the truggy
Blue https://www.nitrorcx.com/25c105-14-b...brushless.html
Red https://www.nitrorcx.com/25c105-14-b...brushless.html
And the On-Road Car
https://www.nitrorcx.com/25c006-10-p...brushless.html
Cain, Backyard RC and racknpinion like this.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thats cool! I hope it has the 4 gear diffs.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Beautiful job, Mr. U! Leave it to you to set the standard. Thank you for designing such a great car! I can’t wait to get my electronics in it and finally finish it.

The kit itself went togeher beautifully. Not one single issue aside from a sticky rear shock on one side. Not sure what’s causing that. It only binds up when I install the bottom cap. I really wish they included more C clips for the shocks in be spares. For me, that was the one part I almost botched.

Maybe its just becaise I don’t have my motor installed but the whole drive line feels much smoother to me than my truggy. And the truggy is smooth already.

Now to work on some paint and get the thjng completey finished.
it’s s nice looking buggy, but I’m really surprised that LC hasn’t made longer arms like the Losis. I took out my truggy the other day and the gears in the servo broke through the case lol.... anyone use a savox sh1250 in these?
Old 02-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vcoupe

it’s s nice looking buggy, but I’m really surprised that LC hasn’t made longer arms like the Losis. I took out my truggy the other day and the gears in the servo broke through the case lol.... anyone use a savox sh1250 in these?
100% agree. I even purchased some losi parts to see about converting to a wide-track but ultimately decided against it. It would just be so much better for scrub angles and wheel options.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Personal preference I suppose. I actually have zero issues with the buggy length arms and find the proportions fine. I'm done running as a truggy with the 2.2 wheels, so this works pretty damn well for mini buggy wheels and touring car wheels. There's no reason why you cant run the same offset truggy wheels on the new car though. You could also 3D print something I'm sure if you were really set on the idea. I cut LC a little slack just because they're such a tiny little company in relation to giants like Losi. Totally different leagues they play in, even though LC makes such a better car in virtually every respect compared to what Losi offers(and offered) in the 1/14 class.

There is one nit I do have to pick, and thats the diff cases. If you look at the position of the motor you'll probably figure it out. To use a sensored motor you need an ESC capable of reverse rotation, or you need to notch the cases with a Dremel to flip the diffs. Not a huge deal, as it seems HW is virtually one of the only ESC manufacturers that doesn't allow reverse motor rotation on the majority of the ESC's.

I was actually shocked at how much just the change in motor position made the car handle better. The old LWB car feels almost like a rear motor 2wd drive now. I cant go back.

Last edited by racknpinion; 02-21-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

BTW, you can use the Savox or any other 35mm wide servo(if the depth is under 30mm), you just have to drill a new hole for the left mount or just use the right side and servo tape underneath. For that mater you can even use a 1/10 low profile servo too. If you're gonna go the drill a new hole route, that'd be what I would do.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

BTW, you can use the Savox or any other 35mm wide servo(if the depth is under 30mm), you just have to drill a new hole for the left mount or just use the right side and servo tape underneath. For that mater you can even use a 1/10 low profile servo too. If you're gonna go the drill a new hole route, that'd be what I would do.
is it rare to hear of the Batan servo blowing out of the case? I recall hearing nothing but good things about it at first and am not sure if mine was a fluke. I use an Airtronics m12 so it’s not like I don’t have the end points adjusted etc.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the truggy updated or is it the same one that's been around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.