Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Mini-8ight-Truggy Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rustlererad3
yeah your truck looks great i finally got my parts from fastenal today so i can replace the hardware that was lost in my last crash and i can update my build and where are you getting all your detail stickers for yours man
The grille and headlights were cut out of some spare JConcepts decal sheets - I had several of them left from my 1/10 bodies. I think the Toyz.com actually sells them individually, look in the decal section. The Losi and Airtronics decals were custom ordered from UpGrade RC, and the other decals are from MaxAmps and TheToyz.com.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

so....I'm reading thru this thread and thinking, i want to make one of these ASAP. Guys, those are some of the coolest looking mini's i've ever seen!

is there a standard parts list on here to build one from a stock mini 8ight? i browsed it pretty good and it looks like everybody kind of has a different opinion.

a guide perhaps?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

anybody still watching this thread?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lemonader83
anybody still watching this thread?
Grimreminder has most or all of the essentials listed on the first page. It just depends on what you want to do. If you want a true Truggy the only real option for a body is the Phat Bodies Kaboom. Then you need to decide if you want to use body posts or Velcro to mount it. Numerous motor/esc combinations exist, and most of it is covered in the esc/motor thread and the official Mini 8ight buggy thread. I kept it simple and went with Castle and it runs fine for my taste. I didn't like the stock electronics at all, so you can use whatever you prefer. The Hitec servo and Kimbrough servo saver are a must in my opinion, and I also bought the Losi CVD axles for the front and rear. I think the CVDs are smoother. I did change shock towers but now don't think it's really necessary, unless you are a hard basher - then you may need the DP shock towers for added protection as the shock ends are known to break. I also use Associated RC18 pinions as I feel they are superior to Losi's. I would say look at your budget, decide what you want and go from there.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lemonader83
so....I'm reading thru this thread and thinking, i want to make one of these ASAP. Guys, those are some of the coolest looking mini's i've ever seen!

is there a standard parts list on here to build one from a stock mini 8ight? i browsed it pretty good and it looks like everybody kind of has a different opinion.

a guide perhaps?
Ok, I can't speak for the others here, but here is a parts list of what's on mine right now:

Phat Bodies Kaboom body
Phat Bodies Bat Wing set
Losi Rear CVD set (LOSB1934)
Losi Front CVD set (LOSB1867)
Exotek Carbon Front Tower (EXO1241)
Exotek Carbon Rear Tower (EXO1242)
Exotek Carbon Battery Strap (EXO1240)
Driven Productions Spur Gear Cover (DP702)
Hitec HS-5245MG Digital Servo
Kimbrough Servo Saver Hitec (KIM131)
Castle Creations Mamba Micro Pro ESC
Castle Creations 0808 5300kv Motor
Team Associated RC18 Pinion - 15T (ASC21156)
Airtronics MX-3X Radio w/92524 Receiver

Tires, wheels, and everything else not mentioned are stock. I do have some other parts that I purchased that aren't listed, but this is what I have settled on and what I think works best for me.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i thikn those guys covered it but go with a 10th scale esc trust me it handles the heat so good
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Just added to the front page and here.....

Here are some pictures of the stock losi rear tires mounted on HPI 9mm offset wheels.

I think this setup looks great, I just mounted them up myself self and it does make a good difference in the way it handles, just like a 1/8 truggy all day long, special thanks goes to skiboblitch for the pictures.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Nevermind, found the info I was looking for.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Longer chassis, top brace and drive shaft. Extends wheelbase by about .96" This pic is with 2.2 buggy rear tires, AKA soft Impacts to be exact. I like the look, now have to try and actually run it......lol.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wrightcs77

Longer chassis, top brace and drive shaft. Extends wheelbase by about .96" This pic is with 2.2 buggy rear tires, AKA soft Impacts to be exact. I like the look, now have to try and actually run it......lol.
Has anyone else tried the extended chassis?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone else tried the extended chassis?
Where did you get an extended chassis from??? I wasn't even aware that anyone was making one let alone a longer chassis top brace and a longer center drive shaft. That looks really cool, could you please post all the info you can on where to get these please? Or is that from Vaterra?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Where did you get an extended chassis from??? I wasn't even aware that anyone was making one let alone a longer chassis top brace and a longer center drive shaft. That looks really cool, could you please post all the info you can on where to get these please? Or is that from Vaterra?
Hum... that's interesting... i can only think of vaterra to! Which model, and which parts...?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Vaterra makes it all. It is from either of their rally cars. Bolts right up and is probably as light or lighter than the Exotek chassis. It is very flexible, too flexible for my liking. Would be nice to have a graphite upper brace.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Vaterra makes it all. It is from either of their rally cars. Bolts right up and is probably as light or lighter than the Exotek chassis. It is very flexible, too flexible for my liking. Would be nice to have a graphite upper brace.
Is this the only pieces?
VTR212008 - driveshaft (longer then mini8?)
VTR211000 - chassis (chassis longer then mini8?)
VTR211104 - Top brace (longer then the mini8?)

and that's it?
the rest of the mini 8 bolts on the chassis of the vaterra?

can post better bigger quality pics of those installed? that pic is so small...
Old 07-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Is this the only pieces?
VTR212008 - driveshaft (longer then mini8?)
VTR211000 - chassis (chassis longer then mini8?)
VTR211104 - Top brace (longer then the mini8?)

and that's it?
the rest of the mini 8 bolts on the chassis of the vaterra?

can post better bigger quality pics of those installed? that pic is so small...
Those are the parts. It all just bolts right up. It was about $25 shipped from amain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.