Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi Mini-8ight-Truggy Thread. >

Losi Mini-8ight-Truggy Thread.

Losi Mini-8ight-Truggy Thread.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Losi Mini-8ight-Truggy Thread. Check first page for updates!!!!

I will be updating the first page of this thread so idea's and parts are easy for everyone to locate. If you have something you would like me to post here on the first page, please send the images or idea's to me via PM. Thank you.

So I received my Phat-Bodies KaBoom Truggy body for the Losi Mini 8ight. As far as I know I'm the only one in the country to have one until they come out which should be real soon. This is my first go at painting bodies, so I think i did pretty good for my first try. I started this thread to show this new body and for anyone who wants to do a Truggy version of the Mini-8ight. Hopefully Losi will follow suit and make us a 1/14 Mini-8ight Truggy sometime very soon.

Under the hood is top secret for now, those wheels are HPI 9mm offset with 26mm Rallye tires. You can't really tell in the photo's but I used Black Metallic paint and for the windows I used Kryptonite Gold Pearl.

Here's the original Truggy Prototype Body from PHAT in the UK.

Here's the final Truggy Body from PHAT in the UK.

Here are two of the nicest Truggy Bodies I've seen to date on the Forum. If you have something very nice, send me the image to my PM and I'll post it here.

Here are some body mounts that will work on the mini 8ight. If someone has the part numbers please send them to me via PM. I believe these first two mount's are from OFNA and the other ones are from Driven Productions.

Use Part # ASC21287 RC18R body post to install on each tower for the complete set-up.

Here's how to cut the mini-erevo body to mount up on the mini-8ight.

Here's a good way to trim the PHAT Truggy Body in the rear to get the body to mount up the proper way.

Here are the stock rear Losi Kingpin tires mounted on H.P.I. 9mm Offset 1.9 touring wheels. They look and feel just like a 1/8 truggy for sure. Thanks to Forum Member Skiboblitch for the pictures.

More to come soon...

More to come soon....

Last edited by GrimReminder; 07-05-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: UPDATES.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Looks sweet! I mini 8ight-t would be cool!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That's a sharp looking body. And nice turn around time too. One thing that catches my eye is the wheel width, I just don't think they have that truggy presence. Once I can do a conversion, I'm thinking of using two pairs of the stock rear wheels to achieve chunky. Or maybe use some rear HPI vintage rims. But damn, I wish I had a legit truggy body no matter what rims! lol
Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Njcted4lfe; I'm thinking of using two pairs of the stock rear wheels to achieve chunky.[/QUOTE]

That is what I plan to do as well, should look just right I think.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

That looks sweet. Is Phat Bodies going to use your vehicle as the model for the sales picture? They could, you did a great job.

Maybe Mini E-Revo tires would look better. They seem to be about truggy size for the M8.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Looks sick!! good job.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it looks pretty good man
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Very nice!
How is the room under the body?
Room for a bigger ESC perhaps?
Does one need to modify the body mounts?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiboblitch View Post
That looks sweet. Is Phat Bodies going to use your vehicle as the model for the sales picture? They could, you did a great job.

Maybe Mini E-Revo tires would look better. They seem to be about truggy size for the M8.
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Skibob...Those mini revo tires are nice for sure the problem is that there tall enough not to let the chassis to bottom out on big jumps which means breakage. I mounted up a set and hit a nice jump in my yard and blew the tops of my diff cases front and rear lol!

That would be really cool for them to use my pic on there sale page lol! Si is sorting thru his own pictures at the moment that he took for his site.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by reckboy View Post
Very nice!
How is the room under the body?
Room for a bigger ESC perhaps?
Does one need to modify the body mounts?
To attach the body you would use the same velcro setup that comes with the losi carbon top deck.

Plenty of room under the body for you to mount a Tekin RX8 if you wanted
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Njcted4lfe View Post
That's a sharp looking body. And nice turn around time too. One thing that catches my eye is the wheel width, I just don't think they have that truggy presence. Once I can do a conversion, I'm thinking of using two pairs of the stock rear wheels to achieve chunky. Or maybe use some rear HPI vintage rims. But damn, I wish I had a legit truggy body no matter what rims! lol
I know exactly what you're saying. You can mount stock rears all the way around for that true truggy look. All you have to do is place a 1mm thick washer between the hex and the wheel and that will keep it from rubbing. I don't like the stock wheels that's why I chose to go this route. On another note for those of you who race or bash in dirt running all front tires all the way around has way better performance than running the stock wheel set up. Better bite in the corners and the rear tires break loose a lot less.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hmm, never tried four fronts on my track but I have tested four HPI rims with the same rally tread you have and it handled great!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Looks great and I'm glad there is room now that means the next plans for an upgrade are a go
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
Looks great and I'm glad there is room now that means the next plans for an upgrade are a go
So what are your new plans for the mini 8ight?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

10th scale esc and a neu castle motor so I can run 4s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.