Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALS Charity Race - Oct 23, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ohyea u know it. I'm always down for this great cause and to have dome fun. I think this event should be twice a year. It will be a good turn out this year I'm sure
Old 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Reg Form

For all you guys in Glen Burnie you should be seeing the registration form soon at HobbyTown.

Once I can confirm whether or not we get handout motors for all classes (excl MiniZ Mod) I will post it electronically, but reg fees will not change.

Russ
Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Cool, can't wait for another great year for a great cause. You have the Glen Burnie crews' support!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

will thier be handouts for the m18 class??
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chaos2984
will thier be handouts for the m18 class??
Still trying to arrange handouts, but if we get them then ALL categories (incl 1/18th) get them.

BUT PLEASE plan a back up just in case.

Russ
Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

No problem still have a new one from last year
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Open the flood gates!!

Here you are guys. Attached is the registration form for this year's ALS Charity Race.

Noteworthy items:

For those out-of-towners we are brokering a deal for reduced hotel rates!! Hotel details and 'coupon code' will be provided when available.

Russ
          Attached Files
          Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
          Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

No motor limit for 1/18th? hehehehehehehe
          Old 08-16-2010, 09:13 AM
          Tech Adept

Default 1/18th SCALE MOTOR LIMIT

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
          No motor limit for 1/18th? hehehehehehehe
          Yesss, for once Mike you are correct. No motor limit for 1/18th.

This was decided after MUCH deliberation since it didn't look like we were going to get handout motors for 1/18th scale. The issue is that no one runs brushed motors anymore so it is hard to find inventory.

If people start getting stupid in driving the brushless motors then we may be forced to fix gear ratios - BUT WE WANT THIS TO BE FUN.

There may be an outside chance that I will drum up 1/18th scale handouts but as of now - NO.

DON'T FORGET THE 5 CELL BATTERY SPECIFICAITON FOR 1/18TH
          Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
          Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dont plan on dropping an 8000kv motor in it, but running BL will be nice

Also, it would be kinda hard to fix gear ratios if everyone ends up running different motors, plus we all run foams, and rollout changes with the tire size as well.
          Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 PM
          Tech Master

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
          Yesss, for once Mike you are correct. No motor limit for 1/18th.

This was decided after MUCH deliberation since it didn't look like we were going to get handout motors for 1/18th scale. The issue is that no one runs brushed motors anymore so it is hard to find inventory.

If people start getting stupid in driving the brushless motors then we may be forced to fix gear ratios - BUT WE WANT THIS TO BE FUN.

There may be an outside chance that I will drum up 1/18th scale handouts but as of now - NO.

DON'T FORGET THE 5 CELL BATTERY SPECIFICAITON FOR 1/18TH
          i dont think this is a smart decision to have the motor limit open. i dont care personally i just dont want to hear people who run brushless motors bitch when they run into people with brushed motors and break thier car. I think we should have a motor limit those robotronics 300 are cheap and easy to get
          Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
          Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On such a small track, it is not going to matter much. Slow will be fast on this track. The norm for micro will be brushless. I am going to try to run the stock motor that we are going to use for the ECC.
          Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 PM
          Tech Master

fuck it if people are going to run brushless i guess im going to have to i just think its stupid for that track im not going to move for no one because of different motor sizes
          Old 08-16-2010, 07:19 PM
          Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chaos2984
          fuck it if people are going to run brushless i guess im going to have to i just think its stupid for that track im not going to move for no one because of different motor sizes
          The NO MOTOR LIMIT was not an easy decision. We were not under any pressure to go either way. We (our event team at NCRC) debated this for more than 30 minutes and weighed all the options. Our team has a lot of RC racing experience and understand what this direction means.

Gruman has a point, the track is super tight and the brushless motors will not buy you much.

Our biggest intent was to make racing the event easy for everyone and getting a brushed motor (as a handout) was proving IMPOSSIBLE. There is still an outside chance (10%) that we can get brushed handouts but no one is running brushed motors anymore. This event if for fun and if people start driving (or acting) like assholes we won't stand for it.

I think if you did well last year and can handle the racing layout/surface then the motor won't make a difference.
          Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 PM
          Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
          I dont plan on dropping an 8000kv motor in it, but running BL will be nice

Also, it would be kinda hard to fix gear ratios if everyone ends up running different motors, plus we all run foams, and rollout changes with the tire size as well.
          Rollout with brushless motors is impossible to scrutineer (sp?), I was thinking that we could get spurs and pinions as handouts - those would be easier to get ahold of than high T brushed motors for all.

WE ARE TRYING TO FIND THINGS TO GIVE YOU GUYS and brushless handouts is just not realistic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.