Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash

I have been read through many forum threads about different tire options for the 1/16 mini E-revo, however I could not find any helpful info about tire options for the 1/16 mini Slash.

Just to clarify this thread should only include non-stock tire options that users do not have to mod the truck in anyway. So include only tires/wheels that fit the stock car without cutting the truck body/hex mods/axle mods.

I just got these HPI On-Road Touring Tires (HPI4702 - Mounted X-pattern Tire D compound) for $35.99 at my LHS. These tires fit perfectly on the mini Slash and are actually slightly smaller then the stock tires. They do fit the 12mm hex as well, so you will not need to mod your car in anyway or buy anything extra.

These tires are a great option to race your mini Slash on road surfaces without wearing your stock tires down to nubs (like I have within a half week of playing).

I will post pictures and a brief wheel spec with dimensions soon. If other people have bought non-stock wheels or tires please post in this thread since I'm dying to know what else fits/works well.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

I saw some Kyosho mini-pins on the Toyz site that I think look good for my Mini Slash Buggy. Otherwise I like the HPI Soft Rally tires or the Vintage tires. HPI offers a large amount of wheel options for these tires. The Mini-Revo should have tons of tires. just choose any 10th scale 2.2 buggy tires. The Mini Slash is limited to the 10th scale road tires.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by stockslasher
The Mini-Revo should have tons of tires. just choose any 10th scale 2.2 buggy tires.
I want to keep this thread E-Revo free, since to many threads have mixed info, this thread is only for the mini slash tire options. Thanks for the info though.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Rookie

The Mini Slash is limited to the 10th scale road tires.
This also is not completely true since not all 10th tires have all the same dimensions nor do they have the same hex sizing. Beware that mini slash wheels need to have the 12mm hex and specific dimensions so the body doesn't rub/wear.

This thread is only for non modded tire/wheel options. The goal of this thread is to also let others know what you have/what worked for you. Please try not to post general info about tire options. If you know something that worked list a way we can track the item and a picture if possible. (Doh! still need to add in mine).
Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Vendetta ST wheels/tires are a direct fit and your choices between the blocks and D-bars is all you need to shred!!! and they look bada$$

Disclaimer: This is not my truck.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Vendetta ST wheels/tires are a direct fit and your choices between the blocks and D-bars is all you need to shred!!! and they look bada$$

Disclaimer: This is not my truck.
Yes, they do fit, but mine tend to rub on the body and sometimes get stuck inside of it. This causes one of the front tires to lock up and a horrendous wreck ensues.

Haven't you had this problem?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trim out the wheel wells.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Those Vendetta ST D-Bar tires look good. I see that they are 1mm wider and 2mm smaller. What rims would you choose. I suspect that a 0-offset rim would be required to best fit under the body. The Duratraxx rims seem to have an offset.

I will not trim my Mini Slash Body...(assuming I put it back on after switching to a Mini Inferno buggy body)....
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Oh and sorry for being a little off topic with the E-Revo. The 10th scale road tire comment is still correct. I was not considering any foam tires anyway and you always have to match the 12mm hex nut.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Those Vendetta ST D-Bar tires look good. I see that they are 1mm wider and 2mm smaller. What rims would you choose. I suspect that a 0-offset rim would be required to best fit under the body. The Duratraxx rims seem to have an offset.

I will not trim my Mini Slash Body...(assuming I put it back on after switching to a Mini Inferno buggy body)....
The ST wheels don't have an offset, there is only one kind available.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

What I was looking for is a wheel that had a different offset for the Duratraxx tires. I can't find anything.

I just noticed that Tamiya M-Chassis tires and wheels look pretty close. They have a tire that would work for carpet which is what I need.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Oh sorry. Yeah the rally tires might fit.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The Vendetta ST wheels work perfectly. They will not rub the body if you dial in some negative camber....which the truck already needs to prevent traction roll anyhow.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
The Vendetta ST wheels work perfectly. They will not rub the body if you dial in some negative camber....which the truck already needs to prevent traction roll anyhow.
Man I wish they had more options for the tires for those wheels, the off-road are nice, but I would like bigger thicker tire tread. Do any tires work with those wheels? or are the two options that towerhobbies offers all that fit? I saw on-road and off-road versions.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeh lets stick with listing only wheels/tires that we don't need to trim any of the truck body, I will say that if slight trimming/modding or tuning to fit is acceptable. (Slight trimming/modding would be classified as using sand paper with not a lot of pressure applied. Major trimming/modding would be using a tool of sorts to cut or reduce the truck body in some way).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.