Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CBHVR6
the slash has smaller hubs? i thought they were both the same. Not sure why anyone would want a mini slash
The slash has a much bigger body so no giant tires would fit unless you heavily modded the body (which is not what this thread is about).

Please read the forum prior to posting next time. As far as your rude, irrelevant comment "Not sure why anyone would want a mini slash", there is no need for comments like this. The reason I started this thread was because I could not find a forum thread that specifically talked about ONLY the 1/16 slash tire options.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CBHVR6
i dont know if its been said because i didn't read the thread but traxxas pro star 2.2 wheels with proline badlands!

Putting this wheel / tire combo on a mini revo is just as stupid as his comment "Not sure why anyone would want a mini slash"
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BillySnarf
Putting this wheel / tire combo on a mini revo is just as stupid as his comment "Not sure why anyone would want a mini slash"
Agreed I'm really sorry for not posting my mini slash pictures this weekend. I had my digital camera out and took some pics, but alas work had to take priority once again.....sigh. I will try to post this somepoint this week, since I believe if we get more pictures in the thread more people will post their mini slash setups.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by stockslasher
I saw some Kyosho mini-pins on the Toyz site that I think look good for my Mini Slash Buggy. Otherwise I like the HPI Soft Rally tires or the Vintage tires. HPI offers a large amount of wheel options for these tires. The Mini-Revo should have tons of tires. just choose any 10th scale 2.2 buggy tires. The Mini Slash is limited to the 10th scale road tires.
dont forget about the 540 conversion from tenbol .if you put a 540 motor in that small car then you need tire change
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here's some pic of my new slash on HPI superstars!!!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can say for sure the Team Academy SB pro 4wd buggy wheels (then use any 4wd buggy tires) are a direct bolt on for the Mini Revo. They have a considerably narrower offset, but I would think you will have body rubbing issues with a Slash.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

the Mini Inferno Buggy wheels/tires will fit and work great, you have a whole selection of tread patterns and wheel style to choose from

You will need a set of Mini Inferno Hub adaptors as they are not 12mm....the Mini Inferno is like 8.6mm...anyways, slightly open the axle hole in the wheel up a little, add the hexes and they bolt right up.
About 1-2mm shorter, same width, same offset.

Installed on my truck
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi I finely got foam mounted on stock mini slash rims I will post picture later today
Old 09-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogbreathracing
the Mini Inferno Buggy wheels/tires will fit and work great, you have a whole selection of tread patterns and wheel style to choose from

You will need a set of Mini Inferno Hub adaptors as they are not 12mm....the Mini Inferno is like 8.6mm...anyways, slightly open the axle hole in the wheel up a little, add the hexes and they bolt right up.
About 1-2mm shorter, same width, same offset.

Installed on my truck
Which adapters are you using?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am using the Kyosho Mini Inferno aluminum hexes, same axle hole size, same pin mount, just a smaller wheel hex to fit the Kyosho stuff
Old 11-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What would be a huge help here,for a newbie,,,,, how about some part numbers on these wheels and tires and the adapters,,PLEASE! thanks
Old 05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1 16

hi guys i just put my mini lst tires on my 1 16 slash they fit and have all steering all you have to do is replace the traxxas wheel hubs and put the mini lst ones on and then drill out the inside of the wheel so it will fit on the axle i know this shouldnt include any modding but it really doesnt hav to mod any part of the truck here are some pics
Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash-dsci00371.jpg

Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash-dsci00441.jpg

Tire Options for 1/16 Mini Slash-dsci00451.jpg
Old 05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skip924
hi guys i just put my mini lst tires on my 1 16 slash they fit and have all steering all you have to do is replace the traxxas wheel hubs and put the mini lst ones on and then drill out the inside of the wheel so it will fit on the axle i know this shouldnt include any modding but it really doesnt hav to mod any part of the truck here are some pics
Attachment 587897

Attachment 587898

Attachment 587899
I know you said you have full steering, but it looks like the tires will hit the chassis and the body. Is that the case?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I know you said you have full steering, but it looks like the tires will hit the chassis and the body. Is that the case?
well i havent gotten to try it out yet but i have the double black springs and it never gets low enough to get close so im waiting on some axle cariers and then i will try them out and post a reply. ps the double black springs are the greatest 3 dollar upgrade ever
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skip924
well i havent gotten to try it out yet but i have the double black springs and it never gets low enough to get close so im waiting on some axle cariers and then i will try them out and post a reply. ps the double black springs are the greatest 3 dollar upgrade ever
I have double black springs all around and mine will still bottom out unless I jack the preload way up. And when you do that it handles like crap. Unlike most people, I'm not a big believer that the double blacks are the fix for the crappy suspension. I still haven't found a good fix for the horrible shocks.

FYI - I do still have the stock oil in the shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.