Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Inferno!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stockslasher
I haven't been able to find the Schumacher tires in the USA. Were can you get them? I would prefer the rally version but whatever I can find for carpet will be fine. I agree with the offset wheels too for sure.
You can get them straight from Schumacher USA...

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/searc...&templateid=12
Old 08-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morati
Yes, use Kyosho 09 steel diff and pinion gear. They DO make a steel bevelled pinion gear. RC18T servo saver is NOT as good as the Kimbrough Micro Servo Saver (the one for Hitec servos is RED) and you must modify it to fit. It worked GREAT on my old KM-RC MI. I also had to cut out a small divet under the servo saver so it would have clearance against the carbon fiber chassis. Most Hobby shops should be able to bring them in for you.
Also, touring tires WILL fit but you need to find a wheel with a bit of offset. HPI makes 3mm and 6mm offset wheels (I used the 6mm offset ones). Just check there website. My favorite tires for carpet and bashing were the Schumacher ones either in Rally Block or Mini Pin.
thanks Morati,

i know what to do next to solve all the problem for my MI. this car is certainly taking up lot of cost to make it run perfectly.. one thing good bout bout MI, its more stable than rc18t. oh yeah, may i know what is the exact model of the HITEC micro servo you are using for this half 8?

Last edited by rossii; 08-31-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rossii
thanks Morati,

i know what to do next to solve all the problem for my MI. this car is certainly taking up lot of cost to make it run perfectly.. one thing good bout bout MI, its more stable than rc18t. oh yeah, may i know what is the exact model of the HITEC micro servo you are using for this half 8?
My KM-RC MI took up so much time and cash that I gave up on it after nearly three years of work. When it ran, it was awesome! Too many problems with the fragile drivetrain forced me to sell it about 5 months ago for a fraction of what I put into it. I was using a Hitec digital metal gear servo, if I remember correctly it was the 5245mg version.
Had an RC18T/B for awhile too but I wasn't crazy about it either although it was bulletproof compared to the MI. I finally went for a Mini Revo for bashing and an LRP Shark Factory Team for racing. If you PM me your email address I can send you some pics of my old KM-RC.....
Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

This is an excellent thread that may help some of you....
http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/in...showtopic=9358
Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default MI H8 FOR sales

i am letting go my mini inferno half 8.
come with rtr stock chassis, which mean it include transmitter, stock servo, LAV body shell.
also inlcuded the option parts listed below,

1. atomic motor heat sink.
2. atomic alloy motor mount.
3. atomic titanium turn buckle.
4. atomic ball end.
5. atomic front ball diff.
6. atomic rear ball diff.
7. atomic center diff.
8. 3 racing 122mm wheel adaptor.
9. atomic shock absorber set.
10. atomic titanium front shock tower.
11. atomic titanium rear shock tower.
12. atomic steering linkage.
13. atomic titanium front bulk head plate.
14 team associated servo saver.
15. GWS servo.
16. KM RC carbon fibre chassis conversion.

car kit is still in very very good condition. willing to let go at fraction of price i got all this items.
interested party kindly pm me. thanks..
Old 09-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

I am thinking about getting the Xtreme RC Racing Mini Inferno carbon chassis as a base for modifications to my Mini Slash. I will cut the stock chassis side pockets off and suspend the carbon plate off the center spine to lower the CG more and allowing me to lower the body about 1/2 in. It should look a lot more H8 when I get done. So if anyone has experience with this plate chassis or would care to comment on it I would appreciate it.

Once I get the new chassis plate done then I will investigate modifying to the center diff. and dog bones. It will depend on how it handles with the stock motor position.

Additional question: Does anyone use velcro to hold the body on? If yes do you have any issues with that?
Old 07-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Rookie

The RCMart.com is selling the Mini Inferno Type 3 for US$ 89.00.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys

i can see theres not much activity on here but ill ask anyway, my sons mini inferno is running a reedy brushless system and lipo , im after super strong cvd's front and rear
has anyone got a online shop that sells them , i dont wont cheap and nasty ones

thanks
chad