Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 ALS Charity Race at NCRC Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Everyone,

It is with extreme sadness that I find myself reporting to you that our friend Rich passed away this morning. I have been told that he went very peacefully.

Our race along with ALS Walks this month (starting this Saturday in Baltimore) are even more important now. The race will be in honor and in memory of Rich.

For those of you who have already sent in your registration, thank you. If you have not yet done so, please consider particpating in our race or signing up for a walk to support an organization that helped Rich out so much over the last several years.

For those of you who are following, the Senate passed the ALS registry act a few short hours ago. It is expected to pass the house with no problems.

We also recieved our prizes from Kyosho.

Two small victories to hold on to today.

-Russ
Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
ive got a few routes to persue..
Gee,

I can hook you up with a Stock car or AWD car. Pay the entry fee for the second car and you choose.

Russ
Old 09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Everyone,

Just recieved the t-shirts and they look awesome, an improvement over last year's if you ask me.

We are laying out the track on Monday and will post pics shortly thereafter.

Finally, pre-registration closes this Saturday so I am hoping to see more in the mail tomorrow.

FREE FOOD HAS BEEN CONFIRMED - Courtesy of Chicken Out (Columbia)

Anyone seen/spoke to Ken Butler? I would like to hope he is planning on coming along with most of his crew. I'll try to PM him but I don't know his username.

Russ
Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Everyone,

Just recieved the t-shirts and they look awesome, an improvement over last year's if you ask me.

Finally, pre-registration closes this Saturday so I am hoping to see more in the mail tomorrow.

Anyone seen/spoke to Ken Butler? I would like to hope he is planning on coming along with most of his crew. I'll try to PM him but I don't know his username.

Russ
Chicken Out is yummy
Old 09-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Everyone,

Russ
Cool, i think ill take the stocker ill probably sign that one up at the track. I saw ken monday, hes pretty busy right now with his family, but i think hes gonna be able to put a few cars back together.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, i think ill take the stocker ill probably sign that one up at the track. I saw ken monday, hes pretty busy right now with his family, but i think hes gonna be able to put a few cars back together.

Gee,
If you come by Friday night during open practice (Oct.10th) then you can have your choice. One is a Lambo with a super motor in it and one is a Ford GT40, a little slower motor but handles a bit better.

If it were my choice I would go with the Lambo and just rely on talent to get it around the course.

Really hope Ken can make it. He walked away with a number of trophies last year and it would be nice to see him defend the titles.

Russ
Old 09-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Gee,
If you come by Friday night during open practice (Oct.10th) then you can have your choice. One is a Lambo with a super motor in it and one is a Ford GT40, a little slower motor but handles a bit better.

If it were my choice I would go with the Lambo and just rely on talent to get it around the course.

Really hope Ken can make it. He walked away with a number of trophies last year and it would be nice to see him defend the titles.

Russ
I should be by friday nite. Do you have a radio, or do i need to find one?

From what it sounded like he was going to be able to make it.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

If its the stock am I have some txs and I "think" crystals also.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

We have a radio for the car, they are all RTR.

I've got his email so I will try him that way.

Russ
Old 09-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Cool. Cant wait for this one
Old 09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

I am getting pumped. We now have 18 formally pre-reg drivers with others commiting verbally. Things have turned around in the registration department and I am hoping to hear from Team Scream guys sometime soon.

To continually raise the bar (NCRC = No Compromise RC) I am trying to arrange live music for Friday night. It won't be a paying gig so the one band that has shown interest needs to check their calendar.

What are your thoughts on live music during the practice session? It could be done afterwards as well. Basic Rock N Roll.

Russ
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

I am getting pumped. We now have 18 formally pre-reg drivers with others commiting verbally. Things have turned around in the registration department and I am hoping to hear from Team Scream guys sometime soon.

To continually raise the bar (NCRC = No Compromise RC) I am trying to arrange live music for Friday night. It won't be a paying gig so the one band that has shown interest needs to check their calendar.

What are your thoughts on live music during the practice session? It could be done afterwards as well. Basic Rock N Roll.

Russ

Russ,
You could edit the first post in the thread with who is registered and verbally committed

Who would the live music be? I think it'd be pretty cool.

--Jeremy
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeremym
Russ,
You could edit the first post in the thread with who is registered and verbally committed

Who would the live music be? I think it'd be pretty cool.

--Jeremy
Jeremy,
Updated.

One guy pulled out but we gained a few more.

Russ
Old 09-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I got a link added to the events page therczone. Not sure if it will help or not but it wont hurt.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Well, it looks as though the live band for Friday night is only a 10% probability. Don't worry, we'll still have music.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.