MICRO CLASS/SCALE DESTINTIONS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I still believe that there are too many classes and not enough of one and until those numbers change we make due of what we have.Thats why my goal is to have one of eachj/k Who the heck races a mini quake anyway
Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

besides the differences in all the 1/18 scales we also have regional differences in what and how racers do to hop up the trucks and buggies....
Instead of complaining and doubting how good or bad it is....
Try it....Leave your comfort zone and race w monster trucks....
Run your monster truck against something smaller.....
change tires, motors etc.....You may like it or hate it....
I travel for work and try to race at different tracks whenever I can and I have seen these differences and tried different things....
At the end of the day we are playing with toys and should just enjoy them for what they are.......
Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Berm,
If I were to take all of these trucks; RC18MT, RC18T, XrayM18T, Xray M18MT, Vendetta ST, spend a couple of weeks getting them set-up to my liking, I would turn virtually identical laptimes with them all. Throw a Raminator, MLST in the mix, and NO amount of set-up work would put it in the ballpark. It will be many laps off-pace. The basic design would have to be completely altered for a different purpose than it's intent. The first group are Stadium trucks with features that make them suitable for racing. The latter is not.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Guffinator, what is the name and location of the track in that picture in Houston? Im from the Dallas area, but that track looks like it would be worth the drive down there to race on.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Here is another bit of info. I have an 18T sitting here next to me (in for service). It is sporting 1/18 foams, width is 186mm. My Vendetta ST w/Parma 1/10 foams is 190mm.
NOT the huge difference claimed! Diameter of BOTH are 56.41mm! I trued mine down for both appearance and performance. The foams on the 18t appear to be pretty new and untrued.
I have been accused of 'downplaying' the difference between these two vehicles. That is simply untrue. On the contrary, I it is others that have exagerated the difference(225mm!! where does that come from?). I do not deny that a difference exists, only that it is insignificant on the track.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
Berm,
If I were to take all of these trucks; RC18MT, RC18T, XrayM18T, Xray M18MT, Vendetta ST, spend a couple of weeks getting them set-up to my liking, I would turn virtually identical laptimes with them all. Throw a Raminator, MLST in the mix, and NO amount of set-up work would put it in the ballpark. It will be many laps off-pace. The basic design would have to be completely altered for a different purpose than it's intent. The first group are Stadium trucks with features that make them suitable for racing. The latter is not.
Tim Mohr won the Pro Nats last year with MLST beating Vendetta STs and Rc18T's.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Berm,
I dont know if you have seen the exotek cf chassis for the mlst/raminator....
it will make that platform much more competitive. I dont have one but if monster trucks were my passion I would have one. I personally seen the Monster trucks go way faster than I thought possible as well...
Dune I can tell if you did get a monster truck you would find a way to be fast with it....
Old 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As stated, the measurment for the 225mm came from the Duratrax website. It was not. You state that as if it was exagerated inorder to purposelly mislead people.

Look Here

http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd14-...d14-index.html

toward the bottom right of the page it stated the width...
Old 01-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Berm,
My contention is that a 'Monster truck' Modified sufficiently to be competetive against a stadium truck, would then resemble the Stadium truck! It would no longer reflect the form or spirit of the original.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Would a Vendetta St with buggy tires and a buggy body reflect the form or spirit of the original ST?

Was the Mini LST that won the Pro Series ANYTHING like a stadium truck???
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCMadness
As stated, the measurment for the 225mm came from the Duratrax website. It was not. You state that as if it was exagerated inorder to purposelly mislead people.

Look Here

http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd14-...d14-index.html

toward the bottom right of the page it stated the width...
I apologize if you think that I was accusing you or anyone else of being disingenous. Intentional, or not, that is a rather large exageration. Didn't it occur to you that the listing might be incorrect? Wholy cow 8.5"!! If that were true, we would not be having this debate.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Berm,
My contention is that a 'Monster truck' Modified sufficiently to be competetive against a stadium truck, would then resemble the Stadium truck! It would no longer reflect the form or spirit of the original.
Dune,
A true Monster truck in spirit would never compete in a stadium truck style race....
You would be jumping and crunching cars.....
This class lets all the misfits fit in......
Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

BERM FOR PRESIDENT!!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCMadness
Would a Vendetta St with buggy tires and a buggy body reflect the form or spirit of the original ST?

Was the Mini LST that won the Pro Series ANYTHING like a stadium truck???
A Vendetta with ST suspension, puts the Vendetta buggy on a par with the 18b in regard to track width vs wheelbase relationship. Has nothing to do with the form or spirit of the ST design.

The Pro series micro class, is a catch all mini class. Added to a 1/10 electric off-road series. I have no idea what that MLST looked like! On a 1/10 dirt track, size of the Mini is all important. The pockmarked surface, ruts, jump sizes, etc. reflect the capabillities of the 1/10 trucks and buggies the track was designed for. The Vendetta ST has a big advantage over the Vendetta, on such a track. No such advantage exists on a track such as yours, mine or any other similar track (not that mine is nearly a cool as yours).
The shear size of the MLST could be a big help on a 1/10 dirt track. I would still rather use a Detta ST on such a track. I do not know how many guys were running the class, or their relative abillities. That vehicle may have been highly modified or relatively stock. Don't know. Doesn't seem particularily relevant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.