Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland) >

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Hello,

Wanted to introduce our club to everyone.

We are a solid group of drivers from all backgrounds that race here at work for "team building." Our company has been gracious enough to support this annual winter series since 2003. Employees have come and gone but we have maintained a healthy involvement. We are currently closed to the public but if you like Mini-Z racing you should check out the website (www.ncrcracing.com). We have weekly race reports and end of season videos. Please feel free to email me with any feedback since I am also the webmaster.

We started out with only XMODs and now are at the point where some are racing mod AWD. We race on RCP track and use the CoreSpeed system, both very cool.

Just wanted to play up an OPEN TO THE PUBLIC RACE this October 20th. It is a charity race for ALS and we already have a great list of items to give away as well as our trademark gear shift trophies.

We'll be updating our front page soon with detials, but please mark the date.

Keep the rubber side down,
NCRC

Last edited by ncrcracing; 07-05-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

where are you guys at in Maryland??

Would be interested in coming down to run some mini-z's and probably be able to bring down a couple dudes with me
Old 07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Kaybo they are in Columbia, MD. Normally they are a closed "company" club but they will be letting the general public in for this race.....sounds like it will be fun. We will most likely go......
Old 07-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
Kaybo they are in Columbia, MD. Normally they are a closed "company" club but they will be letting the general public in for this race.....sounds like it will be fun. We will most likely go......
Not sure where/how I missed the Columbia part but I'd be up for a trip - and I'm sure we can bring along "Capt'n Cheater"

Either way, not too far of a trip - looks like about 20-30 mins SW of Baltimore

I gots the MR02 and AWD all ready to roll
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Hey Guys,

Thanks for checking it out. You're right Columbia is just South of Baltimore.

Great prizes like autographed helmets from Mario Andretti, Helios Castroneves, and Sam Hornish Jr. With the grand prize (as a give-away) of an autographed Cal Ripken Jr. Jersey (worth more than $800)! Plenty of small goodies as well and for a great cuase. Hope you can make it and bring friends.

FYI: $30 entry ($10 for second car) includes a CoreSpeedway transponder that you keep.

We're also trying to get complimentary on-site food.

More postings on Mini-ZRacer.com.

I'll let everyone know when registration opens and when the webiste is updated with details (e.g. rules, format, times, etc).

Thanks,
NCRC
Old 07-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

what if you don't need a core transponder? will the price change any?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

it sounds really good.....what classes will you be running???
Old 07-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

We plan on racing:
- XMOD (RadioShack mods only)
- Mini-Z Stock (50T - Xspeed allowed, incl 3010 PCB)
- Mini-Z Mod (anything allowed)
- AWD Mod
- No LiPos, 4AAA only

If we get enough people (6 or more) for F1 or 1/18 stock then we can add those categories also.

Regarding the previous question about the tranpsponder. If you have your own CoreSpeedway transponder then we can use it but it won't change the fee. We are trying to raise money for the charity and was using the transponder as a teaser to get more people to come.

NCRC
Old 07-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Regarding the previous question about the tranpsponder. If you have your own CoreSpeedway transponder then we can use it but it won't change the fee. We are trying to raise money for the charity and was using the transponder as a teaser to get more people to come.

NCRC
That's cool...its understandable, not an issue

For the stock class, are you limiting the motors to the xspeed or just any 50T motor?? or does it have to be "at least" 50t motors??

Not looking to bend the rules, just wanna know if I'd need to buy any motors or not

and any idea about motors for the AWD class
Old 07-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

The stock class is "at least" 50T, any type. So if you have a BB motor that is 50T then solder it up!

The AWD class is mod so you can bring anything you can control. If there is enough interest to run a AWD stock class then we can entertain it but everyone that I know of with AWD have them major mod with FETs and want the speed. We'll make sure the track has some sections you can open it up!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

sounds like it will be a great event.....
im looking forward to seeing the updated website as well as coming down for the race......
Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
sounds like it will be a great event.....
im looking forward to seeing the updated website as well as coming down for the race......
Fully agree with you, Berm

I talked with Drew about it yesterday - he showed interest But he wants to run F1's So maybe we can find 6 or 7 other guys wanting to run F1
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone raced 1/18 on RCP tracks? I know that there is likely some interest in 1/18 but before we open it up for that scale I was wondering if anyone has experience with them on RCP. None of us here have 1/18 to try.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
NCRC
Old 07-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ncrcracing

Has anyone raced 1/18 on RCP tracks? I know that there is likely some interest in 1/18 but before we open it up for that scale I was wondering if anyone has experience with them on RCP.
what rcp are you using(small or large tiles) and how wide are the lanes???
In the Baltimore area there are a lot of very fast 1/18 scale onroaders.....
We ran at the ECC (east coast championships) with them.....
Hopefully they will read this and contact you....maybe do a trial run for you.....
Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

We're running the large tiles and the fast sections should be 3 tiles wide. Should be doable with 1/18 but I am concerned about the speeds. It will have to be stock becuase a mod 1/18 hitting a RCP barreir will trash the barrier.

I'll also get in touch with RCP and see what they have to say.

A trial run the week before would also be a good idea. We are hoping that opening up to 1/18 will bring more people.

NCRC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.