Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland) >

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Bojar,
1/18th looks to like it will be a decent sized class for this race. If that is the case we will test the lap counting system with mod/6cell for next year's race.

Russ
There you go You might need to score a whole lot more RCP to handle the mod micros
Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by k_bojar
There you go You might need to score a whole lot more RCP to handle the mod micros
Bojar,
No problem there. Oh, we have plenty of track. We just need to figure out how to lay it down in a way that works for the higher speed cars. Biggest concern is the lap counting system coping with super fast 1/18th scales that have a lot of graphite.

See you soon!
NCRC
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

if the graphite is a problem, you might encounter problems this year, i know most of the HTU crowd(myself included) run the same chassis in stock as they would in mod
Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
if the graphite is a problem, you might encounter problems this year, i know most of the HTU crowd(myself included) run the same chassis in stock as they would in mod
Gee,
This is the reason why we are running a test this Saturday. The Core system typically has a problem with metal. I am not sure if carbon fiber chassis will be an issue since most of it is still resin.

The fall back plan is to run AMB for 1/18th but I don't think that will be necessary.

Good luck on the SATs.

Russ
Old 10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I cant remember if I asked or not and I am too lazy to go back through all the posts...What is the cost to just come watch...I am most likely gonna go and at least 1 of my coworkers wants to bring his son...possibly 2 coworkers.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks

Ok Russ,

Thanks, I will come by Thursday with the entry form and money. I ordered a Mini-z but I don't know if it will get here in time now for the race. Some one told about hop-up that I am going to need. I didn't know what I will need hop-up to run the car and be competitive.

What do I need or what do you suggest for me to install in the car in order to make the car work well? sometimes I wonder what I have gotten myself into. If I don’t have a car by race time, I will place my prayers and hopes on winning the Audi DTM Red Bull, or possible buying it from the winner.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Default i just wanted to say thanks

Russ

I just want to take sometime out and say thanks for having a Charity Radio Control Car Race in the name of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ASL). You may not know this but October is proclaimed as National Disability Awareness Month (by the President’s Office every year). I work for one of the major bio medical research facility and hospital in the US. we are involved in a lot clinical research on every condition know to man lol.

I am also conducting an especial awareness program on Multiple Sclerosis during this month as well for my agency. I do a lot of work within disability community in support and programmatic situations. I wish there were more organizations that would choose a debilitating medical condition that leaves one into a serve disability and provide support for them. I just wanted to thank you and your club for that.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Gee,
This is the reason why we are running a test this Saturday. The Core system typically has a problem with metal. I am not sure if carbon fiber chassis will be an issue since most of it is still resin.

The fall back plan is to run AMB for 1/18th but I don't think that will be necessary.

Good luck on the SATs.

Russ
lol kool aids car might have the most problems then he has alot of aluminum on that thing
Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

lol kool aids car might have the most problems then he has alot of aluminum on that thing
That explains his speed
Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

With pre-reg now closed here are the latest tallys…

MiniZ Stock – 12
MiniZ Mod – 5 ( a couple more planned race day)
MiniZ AWD Mod – 3 (we said we would race it and we will)
MiniZ F1 – 5
Xmod Stock – 7
1/18th Stock – 9 (with another 3-4 estimated race day)

So we are planning on 9-10 heats. 60min per round (if running smoothly) means we would be starting the Mains around 3pm, giving the guys driving in a reasonable drive back home. Unless tons more show up race day I think we will be in good shape. Not too big of a race for our first go around.

Test run went well. No problems with 1/18th scale cars and I would wager that the MiniZ Mods will have faster laps than the 5cell M18s. I ran a 1/18th around the track and we decided to open it up to 3 tiles wide for most of the track. I’ll post a picture tomorrow on all the blogs.

Thanks to everyone for participating and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Don’t forget that extra raffle tickets will be available for the premium items at $5 each or 5 for $20.

Food is looking positive. I’ll confirm as soon as we know.

Russ
Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Question russ - I wanted to double check that it is ok to run the hobbyzone mini mauler 180 motor? Its what pretty much everyone runs in stock @ GB.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Question russ - I wanted to double check that it is ok to run the hobbyzone mini mauler 180 motor? Its what pretty much everyone runs in stock @ GB.
Mike,
Yes. I failed to mention that in the blog or on the spec sheet. I verbally told everyone at HobbyTown, but that was it.

The HobbyZone Mini Mauler 180 is legal.

Only you, Hopkins, McRae, Turner, and the Jones have registered so far from GB. Any word from Pocket Fred, Carey, Robbie, or Ghetto? Figured they would come out and support.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)-ncrc-racing-als-charity-track-273.jpg  

Last edited by ncrcracing; 10-09-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool ncrcracing

Ghetto will be in the house. I must be there to support you guys . I will have my Russ H. button on, that is Russ unfair to big racers. Mike and I will be there when the door opens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

pocket i think is only gona run an awd mini z. chill and tony should be there. robbie im not sure.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

pocket i think is only gona run an awd mini z. chill and tony should be there. robbie im not sure.
Gee,
Cool. What, no Sinister for Fred? Reggie is planning on running his in the Mod class.

Can you let us know your City and Zip so we can finish your registration info?

EVERYONE,
Looks like we will have food provided by Chicken Out! Use that food money to buy raffle tickets. Bring your own drinks but we will also have access to soda machines ($1.10 for bottles)

Extra t-shirts will also be available for purchase for $10.

Russ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.