R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   New from Losi Mini-Slider Sprint Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/167139-new-losi-mini-slider-sprint-car.html)

RC Dad 10-12-2009 02:31 PM

Since the temps rose immediately after lowering gearing its sounds like the RPM's are what's killing them. You might want to go back to the 54 gear and 9:5 FDR. The other thing on these brushed motors is that they like to be cleaned and lubed frequently. Since you can't cut the coms you have to keep them very clean and change brushes often.

weracerc 10-12-2009 06:25 PM

well considering the cost of the 1216 motor and brushes $20 and the fact that there is a brushless system out there for the cost of two of the stock motor i think i will go brushless...ezrun 25amp esc and 18T 5200KV motor from nitrorcx.com......we got three esc's and 3 motors and the programming unit for $137 delivered......the talk aqround our area within the mini community is that these ezrun units are very dependable and highly progammable......no more brushed motor issues for us.

nrtv20 12-14-2009 10:50 AM

Is there anybody still racing these? I want to run them on a large oval but don't know what to expect, I don’t want to feel over whelmed by a large track with a small vehicle.

rpeace9803 01-04-2010 08:12 PM

Slider competitive with LM? also conversion ??'s

Have a Losi mini Slider coming in the mail right now, guy bought it ran it couple times and then I traded him some 18T stuff for it but my question is..

At my LHS JTEC we have outdoor offroad track and an oval track also have an indoor carpet offroad and an oval the only 18th ovals running at the moment are the Losi Late Models my question is, saying drivers driving skills are all matched will the slider be competitive?

Would it be better to keep it as a Sprint or convert to the LM body?

Also can anyone tell me if I was to buy the parts needed to convert slider to the late model ie. bumpers, body,shock posts could I also buy a Late Model chassis and all the slider parts bolt right up to the LM chassis and it become a full on LM?

justanotherdude 01-04-2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by rpeace9803 (Post 6807577)
At my LHS JTEC we have outdoor offroad track and an oval track also have an indoor carpet offroad and an oval the only 18th ovals running at the moment are the Losi Late Models my question is, saying drivers driving skills are all matched will the slider be competitive?

yes, only problem being that since the Slider is open-wheeled it will be more succeptiple to getting tangled up and bumped off the racing line than a LM which tend to do more "rubbin' ".

Would it be better to keep it as a Sprint or convert to the LM body?

that would depend on you and your personal preference.
personally, I'd run whatever class they have.

Also can anyone tell me if I was to buy the parts needed to convert slider to the late model ie. bumpers, body,shock posts could I also buy a Late Model chassis and all the slider parts bolt right up to the LM chassis and it become a full on LM?

yes

rpeace9803 01-04-2010 09:26 PM

I am going to run it as a slider with the LM's for a race day and decide from there if I want to switch it to a full out LM or not. Dont want to just do the LM conversion and have a shorter LM than that of the actual Losi late models running there. If I am going to convert it I may as well go all the way ya know.
And yeah I am worried about the rubbing part with them, I will get banged up and they wont haha...Guess I need to stay out in front of them and not let them close huh! haha

thanks for the input.

Can you tell me by chance what all exactly i'd need with the LM chassis to switch everything to LM? like what will I need that I cant pull from the slider?

justanotherdude 01-05-2010 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rpeace9803 (Post 6807984)
Can you tell me by chance what all exactly i'd need with the LM chassis to switch everything to LM? like what will I need that I cant pull from the slider?

chassis plate, bumpers, nerf bars, body mounts, battery straps

look at the parts list at losi.com, the needed parts should be easy to recognize
http://www.losi.com/Products/Related...g&SubCategory=

rpeace9803 01-25-2010 11:09 PM

gearing question Losi mini Slider

How much difference would a 14/60 gearing make compared to the factory 16/60 gearing on the losi mini slider?

I race on carpet oval BTW no banks or anything just flat track

rpeace9803 02-18-2010 08:03 PM

what pitch pinion/spur Losi Mini?!!??!?!

I think this is the only thing I have yet to be able to find online..

What is the factory pitch on pinion/spur on the Losi mini-t/slider/late model?

Trying to get my brushless geared right so need to pick up some more gears.

let me know ASAP please

3mlstcrazy 02-18-2010 08:21 PM

I believe they are 48p. I pick up my gears from www.thetoyz.com and they've got a good selection. good luck and have fun!!

geeunit1014 02-18-2010 08:28 PM

They are .5mod. Robinson Racing makes a line of mini pinions that will work:)

rpeace9803 02-18-2010 08:31 PM

Well I finally found a calculation way of doing it with a digital caliper for measuring and found my spur to be about a 50-52 pitch so 48 is the closest option so thats what im going with. Yeah i love thetoyz but need to find some somewhere closer and try and get them overnighted or something to get them here by Sunday,I am in illinois and thetoyz is in like washington or something so wont be here in time for race day...wish I woulda done this alot sooner and had time to order them from thetoyz

here is the calculations i found http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28366

geeunit1014 02-18-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by rpeace9803 (Post 7026840)
Well I finally found a calculation way of doing it with a digital caliper for measuring and found my spur to be about a 50-52 pitch so 48 is the closest option so thats what im going with. Yeah i love thetoyz but need to find some somewhere closer and try and get them overnighted or something to get them here by Sunday,I am in illinois and thetoyz is in like washington or something so wont be here in time for race day...wish I woulda done this alot sooner and had time to order them from thetoyz

here is the calculations i found http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28366

48p will work in a pinch, but the car will be loud and will put extra wear & tear on the spur (especially if you jump). If your LHS carries micro/mini stuff, they should have the robinson gears, or the AE 18T pinions will work. These are the robinson gears

Polkat 03-08-2010 03:25 PM

The real way to work out metric gear pitch (MOD)

Well guys and gals, lets take the guessing out of this shall we. In the metric world the addendum is the MOD or measure of the tooth above the PCD (pitch circle diameter). Number of teeth multiply by PCD over MOD or move it around and so the MOD(addendum number)=PCD/Number of teeth, ie:- you have 54teeth, the PCD is 27mm, so 27mm/54 teeth=0.5 MOD and there you have it. If you try and use this for imperial calc, then you get 56P and that is not made, so you know the gear is metric gear. :-)

Take a look at this link, it's rather good.

astronomiainumbria.org/advanced_internet_files/meccanica/easyweb.easynet.co.uk/_chrish/geardata.htm[/url]

lostinbaja 03-12-2010 04:53 AM

Aluminum shocks on a Losi Mini?

I recently purchased a set of aluminum shocks for my Losi Mini Slider. The problem is that the top of the plastic shocks snap over a ball the metal shocks won't do this, they need a bolt with a shoulder or a bushing. Does Losi or someone else make what is needed to install the aluminum shocks that Losi sells for this application?

Jerry...