R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   1/18 scale ON-ROAD carpet nationals (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/142520-1-18-scale-road-carpet-nationals.html)

MikeR 06-03-2007 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by k_bojar (Post 3362302)
Hey Dean - I just noticed this...

Are you allowing 3cell Lipo in the "Micro Touring Brushless/Unlimited (4wd)" class??

Isn't that a little overkill?? or just a typo? :confused:

I was saying the same thing;) First turn pile ups on every lap- haha. The faster guys wont be using them and the slower guys will I think.

Also for class 4- the Reedy handout wont fit in the Scalpel...

RCMadness 06-03-2007 04:16 AM

Greetings,
We know the Reedy SP19 will not fit the Scalpel so we have been working on something else. That is why it said hand-out motors would be provided by Team Associated. We have a few choices and need to figure what will work best for that class.

As far as the 3-cell lipo goes in the micro touring brushless class. After talking to many people about the rules (Mike R, you were one of them), I discovered a good number of people, people I consider real good drivers, use a low KV motor, like 4200 or 5000 and then a 3-cell lipo pack. They say is gives about the same top speed but a smoother feel. I tried it myself and they seemed right. not too much faster and real smooth....

MikeR 06-03-2007 07:56 PM

Sounds good! As long as there is a resort so that the hacks like me gets put down in the lower rounds :D:D

k_bojar 06-04-2007 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR (Post 3365015)
Sounds good! As long as there is a resort so that the hacks like me gets put down in the lower rounds :D:D

hack?? I doubt that :lol:

maximebeauvais 06-04-2007 07:58 AM

wow....3 lipos....the car will be like a rocket :nod:

event with a low motor, the acceleration will be incridibule :p

I guess I will have to put 8 cells in my car to be as fast as a lipo racer;)

oXYnary 06-04-2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais (Post 3366735)
wow....3 lipos....the car will be like a rocket :nod:

event with a low motor, the acceleration will be incridibule :p

I guess I will have to put 8 cells in my car to be as fast as a lipo racer;)

You understand Lipos are only in the unlimited class. Mod is still brushed and ni-mh which will put speeds and weight closer.

duneland 06-04-2007 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bermbuster (Post 3359499)
I like to think of the class as 1/18 scale TC.....and not a mini version of any other scale. The rules reflect manufacturers specifications for the chassis.
Its about being fair to all racers.....

I am all for fairness in the rules. That is why I object to a narrower front requirement. All these cars are adjustable with available parts from the manufacturers of the cars in question. All the faster and more experienced racers in our area, have been running the cars at the same width (front and rear) for years! This was found to be a major improvement long ago. Especially on larger Ozite tracks. All we are doing is putting rear inner wheels up front, to match the front width with the rear. This does not involve using parts that are only available to a select few, and requires no machining of custom parts. It is the same sort of set-up adjustment that we make with ALL R/C race cars!

maximebeauvais 06-04-2007 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by oXYnary (Post 3366863)
You understand Lipos are only in the unlimited class. Mod is still brushed and ni-mh which will put speeds and weight closer.

yes I do underdtand but in the class #3 (unlimited), we could also use nimh cells ;)

bigb11 06-04-2007 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by MikeR (Post 3365015)

MikeR, do you have a website to buy products from?

Marvet

R.Dalnogare 06-04-2007 11:01 AM

www.motekracing.com

Mike ayword on the Exotek site?

MikeR 06-04-2007 01:05 PM

Ryan- In 2 weeks will be the official launch of the exotek site:nod: motekracing.com will re-direct you there as well.

Bigb11- The 'purchase products' link is off because the webshop is being re done in preparation for the Exotek site. If there was something you needed feel free to pm me ;)

RCMadness 06-04-2007 05:11 PM

At the 1/18 Off Road Nats Frank Root used a lower KV motor and finished 3rd in 4wd and won 2wd brushless. BUT, in buggy, where brushed and brushless were in 1 class, MOST people ran brushelss. Frank again ran 3 cell lipo and finished 2nd. Josh ANderson won with a brushed motor (17 Turn) and 2 cell lipo. SO, while going fast helps, you gotta configure it correctly and drive it well too.

YES, we will re-sort after each round too.

PierreV 06-04-2007 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by duneland (Post 3366898)
I am all for fairness in the rules. That is why I object to a narrower front requirement. All these cars are adjustable with available parts from the manufacturers of the cars in question. All the faster and more experienced racers in our area, have been running the cars at the same width (front and rear) for years! This was found to be a major improvement long ago. Especially on larger Ozite tracks. All we are doing is putting rear inner wheels up front, to match the front width with the rear. This does not involve using parts that are only available to a select few, and requires no machining of custom parts. It is the same sort of set-up adjustment that we make with ALL R/C race cars!

I'm with you Dune.

RCMadness 06-06-2007 07:17 AM

After speaking with a many people, we are looking into the width issue. That does not mean it will change, and if it does change it may not be for all classes. PROBABLY just the brushless class. Let me know your thoughts....

PierreV 06-06-2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by RCMadness (Post 3373825)
After speaking with a many people, we are looking into the width issue. That does not mean it will change, and if it does change it may not be for all classes. PROBABLY just the brushless class. Let me know your thoughts....

I would like to see the same width rule applied (if it was) to open brushed as well. Many great competitors will be running it and it offers an even ground. I woud go further and would like to see this rule brought across all classes. The cost of going this route is way cheaper then much bling added to the cars and offer much greater gains.