Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im looking at getting a Mini-Z once my tax refund gets deposited and i have to wonder...how and where to they fit transponders in those things?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Im looking at getting a Mini-Z once my tax refund gets deposited and i have to wonder...how and where to they fit transponders in those things?
People attach them in a few different ways, but typically they sit on top of the chassis, in the forward area, must be visible through windshield. Most people attach them with velcro or two-sided tape, and plug them in to the ICS port or wire them to the terminals at the rear of the chassis.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71

The Evo can be plugged in directly. The brushed need either and external battery, wired to batter terminals
SquadPainter and AlvBo like this.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I am looking to build or buy a track for my basement and get into some small scale stuff. I have area of roughly 12 x 14 for this. I am ooen to to using carpet or just buying RCP track based on suggestions. I don't have any cars yet but I think I will limited to Kyosho because I value precise controls more than hi speed. I have a WLtoys drift car that is way too fast and control and handling if terrible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cody01
I am looking to build or buy a track for my basement and get into some small scale stuff. I have area of roughly 12 x 14 for this. I am ooen to to using carpet or just buying RCP track based on suggestions. I don't have any cars yet but I think I will limited to Kyosho because I value precise controls more than hi speed. I have a WLtoys drift car that is way too fast and control and handling if terrible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you can afford RCP, I highly recommend it. I don't have one, but for that size area I'd look at a Mini-96 setup. That way, you can participate in the Mini 96 Challenge, and tuning questions have a common ground.

I have 2 RCP Wide-L sets, the expansion set, and a couple wide-radius turn sets. Don't have a space to set it up at the moment, but those come and go.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

So I found a new-in-box Mini-Z LIT the other day...
I've been looking for one for a LONG time! About 11 years ago now, I had an Epoch micro racer. I still have it, but in my naivety, I had destroyed the chassis trying to make it "better", but never ended up getting it to work again.
In my search for cheap lit parts, I saw tinyrc.com had some parts for it (including a chassis) so I might also try and bring that back to life. (EDIT: Mmmmm... $85 of random parts ordered. Fun times.)

I've been looking at mini-Z for a long time, as well. I've wanted to get into it for just about as long, but never had anywhere to race.
Recently, my local indoor offroad track that (pre-pandemic) I raced at every week installed an RCP track in the corner!
Needless to say, I immediately bought an MR-03... and then another... and a buggy... and a 4x4... and a FWD...
So I'm in deep already.

But I added the Lit to the stable just yesterday with an FHSS/LiPo conversion!
I had tried it out on the stock transmitter and battery (which provided about 1 minute of runtime)... I must say, after not having touched an AM transmitter in over a decade... it was a hilarious throwback.
I'll post up some more pictures later, it's hilariously small (But actually still bigger than the epoch racer!)

Last edited by User Unrelated; 07-31-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Over the last several months I have never seen these in stock anywhere. Does anyone know if it's still a current model or were they discontinued? For that matter does anyone here have one and how do you like it? Are there any comparable cars from other manufacturers if I never can get one of these? I know there are great options in the 1/14th scale but I'm talking small like this. Thanks

AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
Over the last several months I have never seen these in stock anywhere. Does anyone know if it's still a current model or were they discontinued? For that matter does anyone here have one and how do you like it? Are there any comparable cars from other manufacturers if I never can get one of these? I know there are great options in the 1/14th scale but I'm talking small like this. Thanks

Yeah. There’s been a surge in interest in the buggy since thing got shutdown. Even before there seemed be a limited available. I’ve wondered myself if they could be moving towards being discontinued.

I’ve got a few carisma GT24 buggys. Got them before I got into MiniZ. Unfortunately they too haven’t been easy to find for some time. There was a kit only version available only from CarismaRC. But I don’t know if it’s still available.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Yeah. There’s been a surge in interest in the buggy since thing got shutdown. Even before there seemed be a limited available. I’ve wondered myself if they could be moving towards being discontinued.

I’ve got a few carisma GT24 buggys. Got them before I got into MiniZ. Unfortunately they too haven’t been easy to find for some time. There was a kit only version available only from CarismaRC. But I don’t know if it’s still available.
Thanks Billy. I can't find it now but I thought I saw somewhere that Absolute Hobbyz is the US distributor. Either way I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they might be able to tell me. Not in a huge hurry but would just like to know one way or the other if I would be able to get one
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Motor can bearing replacement?

Does anyone have any tricks for how to get this used bushing out of the motor can? It has warn enough so that the armature has quite a bit of play. I was going to try and replace it with a bearing, but I haven't had any luck getting it popped out of there. Also, if anyone knows the bearing size, I would appreciate it. I should probably just buy a new $15 motor, but I thought I'd try and rebuild this one. I already bought and added new brushes before I noticed the bushing was shot.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Light Kit?

Hey all,

What light kit do I need for the Box Stock RWD?? Is it the MZW429R or 439R?

Thanks!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Billy. I can't find it now but I thought I saw somewhere that Absolute Hobbyz is the US distributor. Either way I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what they might be able to tell me. Not in a huge hurry but would just like to know one way or the other if I would be able to get one
Well they checked directly with Kyosho and the 32292 buggy is listed as not in production. Even that is not entirely clear. Not in production at this moment or not in production again ever? Better than seeing the word discontinued
Billy Kelly and AlvBo like this.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Well they checked directly with Kyosho and the 32292 buggy is listed as not in production. Even that is not entirely clear. Not in production at this moment or not in production again ever? Better than seeing the word discontinued
It’s killing me to not just buy. But this one just popped up in the Facebook group. I just spent more that the price on batteries for a couple of 1/10 cars.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/166710...cus_composer=0
tomthegeek and AlvBo like this.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello again guys, i bought Futaba 4Pm for my mini Z, but been waiting stock for 3 months. So i decided to go for different model.
https://www.rcmart.com/ko-propo-ko-p...80576-00071311 How is this one? And do i need another receiver or this will fit in?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerathul
Hello again guys, i bought Futaba 4Pm for my mini Z, but been waiting stock for 3 months. So i decided to go for different model.
https://www.rcmart.com/ko-propo-ko-p...80576-00071311 How is this one? And do i need another receiver or this will fit in?
There's a great video that just came out. Should help a ton...
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.