Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerathul
Thanks a lot for your help! Btw did you sell your awd?
I’ve still got it. When the steering started acting strange, sticking to one side or not turning at all. It got set aside. Just never went back to it. Other cars took priority over it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Received ICS, installed drovers, software. Drive is on port 3. When I open app it asks me to select port. Ok.. where do I select it?

update/ lol.. found where the Com selection.. old eyes!
AlvBo likes this.

Last edited by Raman; 06-01-2020 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Servo motor for mr03

Has anyone tried to replace the servo motor for mr03s? Mine has a broken cable and the official Kyosho replacement is unavailable at the moment. Based on the dimension, seems like the it is a 716 motor but I'm not so sure if Kyosho has made a custom winding for its design.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Has anyone tried to replace the servo motor for mr03s? Mine has a broken cable and the official Kyosho replacement is unavailable at the moment. Based on the dimension, seems like the it is a 716 motor but I'm not so sure if Kyosho has made a custom winding for its design.
I used to play with and mod Bit Char-G, Microsizers, Zip Zaps, etc., and have successfully used one of those motors as a replacement. I can't tell you much about how it differed from stock, just that it worked.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by superfly05
I used to play with and mod Bit Char-G, Microsizers, Zip Zaps, etc., and have successfully used one of those motors as a replacement. I can't tell you much about how it differed from stock, just that it worked.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I fried the pair MOSFETs which were used to control servo motor's current. I should have realized the 716 motors I attempt to use had much lower winding than Kyosho's motor as the seller indicates these 716 motors are for drones ... Let's see if the ROHM QS6M4 is the MOSFET I can use to repair the board.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

I was a idiot.Only after chewing through 2 third servo gear, 3 fourth gear and a pair of mosfet do i realized the servo motor I used was wrong. Finally get the servo into my pn2.5... With one of my sports 2 as a donor for servo motor.. Lets hope the ezrun 18A esc wont giveme any further trouble. I guess the lesson learned is dont trying to save too.much money, otherwise you will end up wasting more money and have a lot of frustration...
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Learned something in past few days. Front springs make a big difference. The 5600 is a different car. I don’t understand why, if I’m reading the package right, they only offer one set of springs stiffer then the stock. But 3 sets of softer.

I’m getting really tired of getting ghost laps with the LapTracker app. It’s been good till last few days. Tonight, I’ve had 6 runs cut short because of a ghost lap. Option A is buying a few more transponders for the LapMonitor system. Option B is getting a EasyLaps system and using it for the Evos and GLF1. I’m think OptionsA might be best choice. Less money.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Makes sense Bill. For F1 on CRC we use the softest front springs!
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Raman
Makes sense Bill. For F1 on CRC we use the softest front springs!
I’m still far more of a driver then a tuner. I usually don’t change things other then gearing, at any scale. I’ve usually made cars worse when I’ve tried.

I went stiffer.

Nothing I’ve ever read posted about MiniZ would have less me to find an full second a lap average improvement. And I’m right on the edge of making another 1/2 second improvement.

I’ve only been running carpet for a year in 1/10. I’m actually better with carpet off road then on road.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default LM tires

What tires are people using on the LM cars. I know that Kyosho makes some specific for the LM. Are people using those or just the ones from PN? Thanks for any advice.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mbykerman
What tires are people using on the LM cars. I know that Kyosho makes some specific for the LM. Are people using those or just the ones from PN? Thanks for any advice.
I use the Kyosho LM tires on the LM wheels. I prefer 20s all around, sometimes 30s up front. I usually order them from Banzai, about $7 for a set of 4. https://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-MZT301-20

They have a really thick sidewall compared to normal Mini-Z tires, and some people don't like that. It does introduce a little bit of "squirm", but you get used to it and it can take the edge off, make the car less twitchy. The upside is tires last a long time, so there's a longer "sweet spot" when they're broken in just right.
NutDriver and AlvBo like this.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

So I learned that I can have MM layout on Evo and run my 90 mm Porsche body. Just need this PN racing part MR9094.. if only it was in stock somewhere 😂
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by superfly05
I use the Kyosho LM tires on the LM wheels. I prefer 20s all around, sometimes 30s up front. I usually order them from Banzai, about $7 for a set of 4. https://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-MZT301-20

They have a really thick sidewall compared to normal Mini-Z tires, and some people don't like that. It does introduce a little bit of "squirm", but you get used to it and it can take the edge off, make the car less twitchy. The upside is tires last a long time, so there's a longer "sweet spot" when they're broken in just right.
Thanks for the info. I have 2 new packs of MZT301-20, but I have had them since maybe 2008 maybe older. The newer tire looks a little larger and more rounded. Is this true? Not that I wont use them, cause they have been sealed in the package and I had them in a ziplock bag. I have a MR02 LM that I bought brand new back with all these tires and other hopups, but moved from Michigan to Tennessee and nobody ran the Mini z's so it just kind of became a shelf queen with my other mini z stuff. Funny how things eventually comes back around.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbykerman
Thanks for the info. I have 2 new packs of MZT301-20, but I have had them since maybe 2008 maybe older. The newer tire looks a little larger and more rounded. Is this true? Not that I wont use them, cause they have been sealed in the package and I had them in a ziplock bag. I have a MR02 LM that I bought brand new back with all these tires and other hopups, but moved from Michigan to Tennessee and nobody ran the Mini z's so it just kind of became a shelf queen with my other mini z stuff. Funny how things eventually comes back around.
I like the LM tires on cars running LM bodies and wheels, and still run them on some of my cars. When my LHS was still open near Charlotte, we ran an LM class that required both LM sized wheels (17mm front, 20mm rear diam) and Kyosho LM tires. Some complain about the rears not hooking up well, but that was never an issue with 70T motors for me once they were trued flat. The fronts hook up nicely, but I've never tried 20 fronts. I use 20 rears and 30 or 40 fronts, always trued. They have a wider contact patch than the racer tires and last a lot longer. I've used Kyosho tires I've had for more than 10 years and can't tell the difference. Unlike other brands, they don't seem to deteriorate with age. I'd throw them on and take it for a spin, but depending on what body came with the MR-02 LM, you may need to reinforce the nose first. The 962s were very weak in the nose.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Traveler2
I like the LM tires on cars running LM bodies and wheels, and still run them on some of my cars. When my LHS was still open near Charlotte, we ran an LM class that required both LM sized wheels (17mm front, 20mm rear diam) and Kyosho LM tires. Some complain about the rears not hooking up well, but that was never an issue with 70T motors for me once they were trued flat. The fronts hook up nicely, but I've never tried 20 fronts. I use 20 rears and 30 or 40 fronts, always trued. They have a wider contact patch than the racer tires and last a lot longer. I've used Kyosho tires I've had for more than 10 years and can't tell the difference. Unlike other brands, they don't seem to deteriorate with age. I'd throw them on and take it for a spin, but depending on what body came with the MR-02 LM, you may need to reinforce the nose first. The 962s were very weak in the nose.
I agree with that 962s are weak in the front. I have 2 of them from years ago and they both cracked in the front. I bought a C9 this time. Never tried them. How is the front end on them?
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.