Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7776Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What Lemans body do you guys recommend for racing? The Sauber is the easiest to get at the moment but I don't mind hunting down old ones. The Toyota GT-One looks interesting.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I run both the Sauber and the Yota. I run them both on LM tires with the Sauber wheel set. That particular wheel set provides the best offset balance front to rear. The Yota is quite the hog though. Extremely heavy and yet fragile in the rear wing support area. I have approximately 50 hours invested in weight reduction and aero embellishments but I got the weight down to 29.8Gr. The Sauber has many hours of making the scale body exactly like the real one which adds strength and utilizes the aero that the factory built in. The Porsche 962 is pretty good as well but only the KH body not the LH. Again you must take time to study a real one for the aero cues and follow them. Same wheel set as the Sauber for best results plus a lot of front re-enforcement to keep from breaking it.

The trick is to finish the body like the real one. Be sure the windows are flush mounted and the gaps sealed. Same with the headlight covers. Everything matters at this scale.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Thanks mleemor60. I'll probably go with the Sauber. I noticed that the Toyota had a diffuser on the front as well as the back in addition to that giant wing so I figured that weight might be an issue.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

First raceday of 2019. Just a quick look at each of the 3 groups we run.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:56 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Toyota may be a heavy body, but it produces so much traction. The Sauber is the lightest and arguably most durable LM body because of its molded in headlight buckets.

my mazda 787b got a split lip that cracked up to its around screen on Saturdays main. It will need some TLC before it hits the track again. Luckily I have a second body, but I need to revert that one back to stock form to race in box stock.

the mazda also uses the narrowest offsets, which could be a plus or minus depending how you look at it. I prefer the feel of the sauber, but the mazda is fast as well. Sauber can drive harder into the corner. Toyota just carves everything up, you don't want or need to slow down with the Toyota.

for the most part, mazda, and Porsche absolutely need front end reinforcement. Can't speak for the Toyota, as I am unable to get one. I have great driven a friend's. Sauber can get away without the reinforcement for stock motors... a little support lip inside would help though.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You will have Yotas and Saubers in spades if the deal goes through.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

The Toyota is also like a spatula, flipping cars like pancakes.
Kremzeek and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superfly05
The Toyota is also like a spatula, flipping cars like pancakes.
The way I drive, that might be helpful.
EMU and AlvBo like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Emailed Kenon hobby to see if they had an idea about when the receivers would be in for the EVO. While no actual date, by the end of the month is what’s expected.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:15 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Emailed Kenon hobby to see if they had an idea about when the receivers would be in for the EVO. While no actual date, by the end of the month is what’s expected.
when I spoke with the person at kyosho, they said that the ASF/MHS is in distribution, but the FHSS will be after the Chinese new year.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mleemor60
You will have Yotas and Saubers in spades if the deal goes through.
Originally Posted by EMU
when I spoke with the person at kyosho, they said that the ASF/MHS is in distribution, but the FHSS will be after the Chinese new year.
One receiver is available at Kyosho America and Kenon. I keep forgetting about Chinese New Year being different. That’s probably why another vehicle I’ve been waiting on isn’t being released till end of January.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Any thoughts on the new McLaren P1 body? It's not out in the US yet, but I've folks in Asia have it. Just wondering if its a decent race body.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Any thoughts on the new McLaren P1 body? It's not out in the US yet, but I've folks in Asia have it. Just wondering if its a decent race body.
Wasn’t aware of that one. Does look good. My simple guess is that’s it will be just fine for racing.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Wasn’t aware of that one. Does look good. My simple guess is that’s it will be just fine for racing.
My concern is the rear end. It looks really low. I don't really want to hack a hole in it to make the shock fit.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
My concern is the rear end. It looks really low. I don't really want to hack a hole in it to make the shock fit.

Looks like every other stock mr03 underneath to me. I’ve yet to mess with upgrades.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.