Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7772Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It doesn't sound like the board. if you can enlist another hand to work the throttle while you wiggle motor wires at the motor end. After that or before, spray the motor thoroughly with the cleaner I mentioned several post ago. With the stock motors a spritz of motor spray after each use will go a long way toward longevity as well as trouble free operation.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:53 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Motor spray in the stock motors is a must... at least once per day use, and a little lube on the bushings. Never use comm drops.

you can test the motor by removing the wires from the chassis, and bridging them on a single charged aaa cell tp ensure that it works properly.

if the motor works, screw back into the chassis and double check the connections. If the motor does not work, then the large "fuse" may be causing issues. I remove it from all of my stock motors by default.
Kremzeek likes this.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Greetings,

I’m purchasing my very first unpainted Autoscale Body - a Honda (Acura) NSX. I’d like to add a spoiler. Does anyone have a thread I can review for how install a spoiler from scratch. Plus does anyone have a suggestion on where I can go and purchase a spoiler?

Thank you all for your support for newbies like me.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:07 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just have to write a note and praise Kyosho USA for their fantastic customer service. They were super responsive from the first note I sent them. They offered to send a call tag to pick up the defective car and I told them about my situation and the fact that I currently did not have a box to ship it back to them. Just a few minutes ago I received a e-mail saying that they are sending me a replacement as well as a shipping label to send the old car back in the box that the new car is coming in. I mean that is some awesome service and not typical in this day and age. Two thumbs up for Kyosho USA.

Cheers,
Jim
EMU and TPDazzle like this.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I need a little help. Bought 2 MR-02 cars. 1 bone stock, works great. The other has a PN racing 33T motor, aluminum motor mount etc. When I first got it the motor was a little slow to respond but would. Now throttle is totally gone. It will sometimes go reverse if I mess around a while. Tried the other radio and same behavior.
Removed the motor and used a AAA battery and it runs forward and reverse.
I did discover the leads were loose, screwed those back down.
Small antenna broke off the solder pad, re-soldered that too. But same behavior. 1 question. Does the little antenna attach to the solder pad next to the Antenna hole on the board?
Any other options? Is there a replacement board?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Odds are good that you have damaged the throttle circuit on the board unless it had been previously modified to accept that "hot" of a motor. Depending on the age and production run for the board the stock mosfets may not be up to it, Carefully remove the top cover and see if you can read the number on the fets. If it is marked 3004 it won't pull that much motor especially if it is over geared. If they are marked 3010 you may be able to get by with it as long as you don't put too large a pinion on it. Personally I wouldn't gear that motor any higher than 4.88
Old 07-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I bought these used, so will check the fets. Would the board be toast or can it be repaired?
Old 07-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Fet's do say 3004, so I may be out of luck.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Are these by any chance "AM" cars or the later 2.4? If they are AM it isn't worth repairing what appears to be a burned board. Just purchase a later model "410" or Tiki-Tiki 03 board. Keep the existing steering servo motor and solder it in when you swap out the board. This brings up transmitter concerns but you can get by with a Kyosho KT 18 radio. Or the other option would be to ditch the 33T or use it to pin notes to the refrigerator and replace it with something a little more sane like a PN 70T. Then you should be able to find someone to replace the fets and keep what you have.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I think I may just get one of the new ones. The McLaren can be had for $130. The boards are pretty costly from what I can find. I appreciate the help!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pn pot?

Hi all,

New here, been racing mini-z for a while now, and I went with the flysky FS-IT4S radio, but I am disappointed in the steering travel. I tried a friend's KT432, and it was MUCH better, but I just read something here about replacing the servo pot with a PN racing one. Does that really make a difference? Is there any way possible to make this radio use the kyosho firmware, or another trick I'm not aware of? I can't swear to it, but the car may have been faster on the kt432 also. I know my lap times dropped a couple tenths without me really having the settings where i liked them, nor enough time to get user to the radio. Overall, I feel the flysky was a mistake.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goldwolf
I think I may just get one of the new ones. The McLaren can be had for $130. The boards are pretty costly from what I can find. I appreciate the help!
That is an option as well but the board still won't accept that motor. If you can get on the PN site you will find a list that describes each of their motors and what electronics are needed to support them.
There is also the option of the Das Mikro board from banggood. A 2.4 board that you transfer all your support pieces(switch, pot, servo motor) to the new board. They are under $50 and work quite well.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gofli
Hi all,

New here, been racing mini-z for a while now, and I went with the flysky FS-IT4S radio, but I am disappointed in the steering travel. I tried a friend's KT432, and it was MUCH better, but I just read something here about replacing the servo pot with a PN racing one. Does that really make a difference? Is there any way possible to make this radio use the kyosho firmware, or another trick I'm not aware of? I can't swear to it, but the car may have been faster on the kt432 also. I know my lap times dropped a couple tenths without me really having the settings where i liked them, nor enough time to get user to the radio. Overall, I feel the flysky was a mistake.
There s a setting in the radio that will correct this concern. It appeared when the radios were first introduced. It has been so long that I can't remember what it was, my suggestion would be to contact Flysky for the solution. The two radios are essentially identical except for the fact that the KT432 will convert for left handed use,
Old 07-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mleemor60
There s a setting in the radio that will correct this concern. It appeared when the radios were first introduced. It has been so long that I can't remember what it was, my suggestion would be to contact Flysky for the solution. The two radios are essentially identical except for the fact that the KT432 will convert for left handed use,
I just read through 45 pages of the it4/s radio thread, and saw no reference to this. Do you have a link or more info, please?
Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mleemor60
That is an option as well but the board still won't accept that motor. If you can get on the PN site you will find a list that describes each of their motors and what electronics are needed to support them.
There is also the option of the Das Mikro board from banggood. A 2.4 board that you transfer all your support pieces(switch, pot, servo motor) to the new board. They are under $50 and work quite well.

Is this the dasmikro board?

The motor I am not tied to, I got these both cars for a good price, so just trying to get another running so I can race with my daughter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.