Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Robitronics Scalpel 1/18th Pan Car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

this is true his posts are sweet. they will not brake. give it a try.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mauromj
Anyone who is still running the dampner disk set-up needs the SS Post made by Justen. These things are dialed, they are so much stronger and they give you the insurance of knowing your not gonna break another one.
Breaking them has never been a problem for me... keeping the damn adjustment nut in the one place always has... tried everything except loctite
Old 06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks for the props Mauro and Bigb11. I know that there are alot of guys that do break these. If your interested in them let me know.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

got my stainless steel post yesterday...friggin awesome! i highly doubt this thing will break..
very impressed...
thanks mate..

matt
Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Run it till she breaks!!! Oh wait it wont
Old 07-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

My local track its trying to seting up a 1/18 race class and is looking seriously on the 1/18 Scalpel as "spec" chassis.

Can you more or less give me your opinions about the brand ?, main concern of the shop its to buy lot of cars and then not having good support from the brand.

thanks a lot,

Pat
Old 07-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Not many Scalpel users here but the LHS opened a carpet track and since then Scalpels are a big hit. All i can say is theres great support from Robitronic,but i'm in S.Europe (its unique more than rare to find carpet tracks!)and things are going a bit different,it depends from the distributor.Nothing to complain in three years of plaiyng with mine,i've always found what i was looking for, my car is running strictly stock (except for a Parma Speed8 Body) and never gave me troubles af missing spares or long time waiting for something.
Thumbs up for Robitronic.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

My local track its trying to seting up a 1/18 race class and is looking seriously on the 1/18 Scalpel as "spec" chassis.

Can you more or less give me your opinions about the brand ?, main concern of the shop its to buy lot of cars and then not having good support from the brand.

thanks a lot,

Pat
For as long as I've been dealing with them support from Brown engineering and Robitronics has been outstanding. Robert is extremely responsive and so is Marvet they will support you in your endeavors.

For my part I have a few tracks that have used my cells as "spec" batteries. I have a sport line of batteries that I sell to hobby shops and tracks at a very aggressive price to help support the spec class of racing keeping costs low.

Originally Posted by ghiro
Not many Scalpel users here but the LHS opened a carpet track and since then Scalpels are a big hit. All i can say is theres great support from Robitronic,but i'm in S.Europe (its unique more than rare to find carpet tracks!)and things are going a bit different,it depends from the distributor.Nothing to complain in three years of plaiyng with mine,i've always found what i was looking for, my car is running strictly stock (except for a Parma Speed8 Body) and never gave me troubles af missing spares or long time waiting for something.
Thumbs up for Robitronic.
I have a reseller opening up in Sweden very shortly, he will be able to provide you batteries and various other components Skyrocket carries with better shipping times than from the US. Drop me an email, [email protected], once everything is complete I will let you know.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
For as long as I've been dealing with them support from Brown engineering and Robitronics has been outstanding. Robert is extremely responsive and so is Marvet they will support you in your endeavors.

For my part I have a few tracks that have used my cells as "spec" batteries. I have a sport line of batteries that I sell to hobby shops and tracks at a very aggressive price to help support the spec class of racing keeping costs low.

I have a reseller opening up in Sweden very shortly, he will be able to provide you batteries and various other components Skyrocket carries with better shipping times than from the US. Drop me an email, [email protected], once everything is complete I will let you know.

Thanks a lot, i just emailed Robitronic to get info on who to contact as i think for southamerica we have to buy from USA distributor.

thanks for all,

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 07-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Anybody looking for stock scalpel bodies, nissan r-390 bodies I have 8 of them in stock.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nissan r390

hi bigb11 UGPM
Old 08-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default RCP Set Up

Anyone have a good setup for RCP track? My buddy and I just completed (after 3 years) a huge RCP track and I want to try out my Scalpel so I was curious if anyone has run on RCP. I'm hoping to use some of Marvet's BSR tires but I'm not sure what compounds to try. Also, I'll be running a Micro Mamba Pro/4200kv combination with 2s lipo. That motor/battery worked well in my buddy's M18 geared 42/11 so I'm going to try it in a Scalpel. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I'm running the Brown Engineering 6-cell racer chassis, M/A 1720 saddle lipo, Parma body and a HS-82MG servo. Thanks!!

Troy.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Troy......On RCP you want to go with the hardest front tire you can get from Brown Eng. and a medium rear tire....that type of track will have so much grip that soft and super soft tires will be way to much and wear extremely fast....
As for gearing, go with the 49/10 for starters.....should give you a good amount of speed but plenty of rank for the tight configurations the RCP turns normally have....
Old 08-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks, Micro-Man!! I'll give that a shot. I'll probably get the car set up and begin testing in the next few weeks. I'll post my results.....in case any one cares.

Troy.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys i kinda need some help. this is my first 1/18 and gotten a mamba for it and i notice that it might fit with the stock motor mount so its safe to say no to brushless motor mount. But then another problem came up when installing it in, the stock motor mount screws are too thick and kinda long. do guys know where i can get screws that can fit it. One more, could you guys recommend me a digital servo that would fit nicely.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.