R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   Tamiya TamTech Series GB-01 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/124714-tamiya-tamtech-series-gb-01-a.html)

herK 05-27-2011 01:02 AM

Topic is dead? :(

I'm a new "Frog" owner. I bought a used one alu tuned one. At the front there is a strange clacky noise, maybe the hubs need to be joint...

I really like the car, right now i need new tires, but iam thinking to put wheels with 12mm hexes. Any ideas where can I buy adapters for that? I dind't find anything at stock...

Thanks

Finchypoo 04-25-2012 04:17 PM

This topic seems pretty dead, but Just wondering if any GB-01 owners have found any alternatives to the Tamiya ball diff. Mine melt on a regular basis. I'm running 2s Lipo and 4300kv brushless so I'm kind of asking for it, but its nothing too insane. These things just don't hold up.

Chiefy 707 07-01-2012 03:49 PM

Cool maybe if this thread lights up again my Hornet will make a comeback!

Anyways, when I first ran my Hornet I put in a couple of pretty impressive high speed runs using a Reedy 9600kv BL. Short story even shorter, my diff fried with the quickness.
I've since went to a 6800kv motor as well as installing the Tamiya alum outdrives and no problems. Yet. That said I probably only ran it twice since the motor swap and repair.

Would be nice if Tamiya updated this chassis and beefed things up considering the change to brushless.

heljian 07-05-2012 07:28 PM

Frog

I have a Frog and was wondering if the Team Associated Super 370 is still the best brushed motor, just looking for some more speed. I like the buggy, but don't want to be breaking parts on it all the time.Is the Losi Insane a better choice?
Will I even get an answer? Time will tell.

Chiefy 707 07-06-2012 11:13 PM

Greetings Heljian. If memory serves right I remember earlier in this thread the Super 370 was the brushed motor of choice.

Anyways, tinkered with the little guy a bit when I was in the garage. Let "Project Resurrection Time Baby!!!" begin! (<--punctuation overkill?)

Sorry for the craptacular cellphone pics ^_^

Chiefy 707 07-13-2012 08:21 PM

Not going to let this thread get stale again. Bump!

Hey Chiefy that's a hella big reciever you have mounted. How does the body fit with that thing on?

-It was just temporary to see the car go. Oh yeah, that's what she said.

Hey Chiefy, your Hornet looks just like my Frog!

-That's what your lady said

Lol sorry. Just trying to bring life to something dead ^_^

JatoTheRipper 10-13-2012 07:45 PM

Does anybody know where to get an aluminum bellcrank?

superspeed 05-20-2013 11:58 AM

These GB01 cars a great for speed and fun. I have a dynamite C4 9200kv brushless motor with dynamite mini tazer brushless ESC installed on the mini fox. I am using 2 cell 7.4v Thunder Power 2100mah lipo packs with Deans connector. These are actually airplane packs from 2006 - 2007. The car has lots of Tamiya hop-up parts and equipped with soft compound buggy champ tires (front & rear).
Speed is faster than today's 1/10 and 1/16 traxxas brushless cars out of box, and runtime is 30 - 34 min

DARKWAV 05-27-2013 12:40 AM

I briefly started running one of my brushless GB-01 Fox buggies again last summer without pushing it too hard on lighter tires but the driveline started acting up, same behavior as I had prior to previously melting-down a diff. Frustrating as I really enjoyed this buggy. If a better diff was available I would still be running this r/c.

I retired it and replaced it with a Losi Mini 8ight. Pulled the electonics to use the ESC and receiver in the Mini 8ight. It's in my living room now for display...also let the toddlers roll it around. I still have one or two spare diffs so there is the possibility for it to be recommissioned with a brushed motor..stock or the Tamiya upgrade so the kids can run it when they can properly hold and operate a transmitter...but then there are a lot more options out there now that may be a better and more supportable r/c for that purpose, so perhaps mine won't see a return to service.

THE H.P FREAK 12-28-2013 03:31 PM

HI!... So has anyone figured out a solution for the crappy diff in these things? I have 3 Tamtechs. A Fox, Hornet, and a Hotshot. All are using EZRUN Combo A3 w/ 25A-SL ESC +12T 7800KV set-ups. 7.4V 1800mAh lipo's. I can't keep diffs in these things. I don't go offroad with them. They are all driven on asphalt or concrete. They all have 3Racing aluminum gearbox's. I thought maybe they were getting too much case deflection causing the diff to wear. I've also got steel outdrives. What I really want and need is a steel spool for these things or a better way to lock the diff. Does anyone make a steel diff gear for these? Mine have been sitting on a shelf for over 2 years because they became no fun when the diffs kept breaking all the time. I'm getting a lathe soon. If there is nothing out there to fix these problems with the diff, maybe I'll machine up a hardened steel diff or spool.

Chiefy 707 12-28-2013 05:51 PM

Lol, only thing I can think of is to have extras on hand. The durability of the car is a big letdown.

Raman 09-10-2015 04:18 PM

I know this topic is quite dead.. but just in case there are still some subscribers.. :D

Internal gear box ratio is 2.71. The pitch on the stock gears are 05 mod. Here are some final drive ratios with stock gears:

1. 64 / 12T: FDR 14.45
2. 64 / 14T: FDR 12.40
3. 64 / 16T: FDR 10.80
4. 64 / 18T: FDR 9.64

bangerang 09-11-2018 05:07 PM

Anyone know if the Dancing Rider T3-01 differentials will work in a GB-01? There are several different options including spools that are available.

DRAG_ON 11-14-2022 06:38 AM

Need Help

Recently i break the stock GB01 diff outdrive, any input which diff can interchange with GB01 diff ? Will miniT 1.0 ball diff fit for GB01?

thx input information will be appreciated

DARKWAV 11-15-2022 03:00 PM

GB-01s got me into this hobby. Diff issues made them my first shelf queens. I moved on to a mini-8ight then LC EMB-1 to keep my small buggy fix alive! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

DRAG_ON 11-16-2022 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by DARKWAV (Post 15957255)
GB-01s got me into this hobby. Diff issues made them my first shelf queens. I moved on to a mini-8ight then LC EMB-1 to keep my small buggy fix alive! Sorry I can't be more helpful.

thanks for your input mate