Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Micro RS4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

neat little car might have to get me one!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Im using aftermarket BL at 4800kv but its just that the esc is not programmable. Im putting it at my rs4 with stock chasis however, when throttling the car goes donut. Why is that so??? Anybody can assist me here
Old 12-05-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbizone
Im using aftermarket BL at 4800kv but its just that the esc is not programmable. Im putting it at my rs4 with stock chasis however, when throttling the car goes donut. Why is that so??? Anybody can assist me here
first off
how is the car mechanically....do the wheels spin freely? is the steering centered? if you roll the car on the floor does it track straight? Is your steering is centered?

your new esc is the power linear? or is it like off-on....
if you pin the throttle very fast the car can donut.....

Let us know what you find.....
Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
first off
how is the car mechanically....do the wheels spin freely? is the steering centered? if you roll the car on the floor does it track straight? Is your steering is centered?

Mechanically the car is using, stock chasis, stock frt and rr shock & spring, upgrade micro ball diff set. The wheels do spin freely all four and when throttling also. Is just that my steering, i have to sub trim it to the right until 100 then trim it again another 15 at the front screen of my 3pk, then only the car can go straight. But right after throttlilng the car would go spining or donut. My bl esc is just like the on and off and im using 11.1v 3 cell lipo. Even i have reduced the throttle curve to -100 the max, still it goes donut. I even lock tight my rear ball diff because its just keep spinning . . .
Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

first off

Mechanically the car is using, stock chasis, stock frt and rr shock & spring, upgrade micro ball diff set. The wheels do spin freely all four and when throttling also. Is just that my steering, i have to sub trim it to the right until 100 then trim it again another 15 at the front screen of my 3pk, then only the car can go straight. But right after throttlilng the car would go spining or donut. My bl esc is just like the on and off and im using 11.1v 3 cell lipo. Even i have reduced the throttle curve to -100 the max, still it goes donut. I even lock tight my rear ball diff because its just keep spinning . . .
Old 12-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

does the motor have a brake? after you let off the throttle do the wheels still spin? what esc are you using?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

does the motor have a brake? after you let off the throttle do the wheels still spin? what esc are you using?
Oh ok, hmm, the bl and motor hv brake, and after letting off the throttle, that, i got to check again whether the wheels still spin or not.

a. If wheels still spin after throttle ... ok?
b. If wheels do not spin after throttle, is it nok ok? binding?

The esc is meant for a plane using bl motor, i dunno what brand but it really does not have any device for programming, as u said its just an on and off esc. This is just my project since in the internet they said any 5000kv below bl can be used at the rs4. I might want to try to go with 2 cell lipo 7.4v and see whether the rs4 can take it or not.

Now, i have changed back to my stock motor.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Oh ok, hmm, the bl and motor hv brake, and after letting off the throttle, that, i got to check again whether the wheels still spin or not.

a. If wheels still spin after throttle ... ok?
b. If wheels do not spin after throttle, is it nok ok? binding?

The esc is meant for a plane using bl motor, i dunno what brand but it really does not have any device for programming, as u said its just an on and off esc. This is just my project since in the internet they said any 5000kv below bl can be used at the rs4. I might want to try to go with 2 cell lipo 7.4v and see whether the rs4 can take it or not.

Now, i have changed back to my stock motor.
I think the esc you have when you let off the throttle the motor brakes.....like a drag brake...this will cause your vehicle to turn.....and spin....
you really need a car esc.....
Old 12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

I think the esc you have when you let off the throttle the motor brakes.....like a drag brake...this will cause your vehicle to turn.....and spin....
you really need a car esc.....
Alrite bro, will do that, thanks . . .
Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Guys, anyone knows whether or not does the front one way for micro rs4 can really withstand the brushless speed, because if im using the 4800kv bl then my front one way gear would strip.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Okay, how many of you have you micro Rs4's in the back of your RC closet? Its time to bust those bad boys out and run in the HPI Challenges. Thats right, the HPI challenge races have been brought back from the dead. The So Cal race it Feb 17th in Corona. Check the HPI website for a full schedule. Who is going to race?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Was cleaning mine up this evening. Should be a blast with the new battery and motor rules
Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeR
Was cleaning mine up this evening. Should be a blast with the new battery and motor rules
Are you running brushless and lipo? I'm thinking about picking up a Venom Fireball. I have heard that it has more umph then the Orion big block I have now.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Are you running brushless and lipo? I'm thinking about picking up a Venom Fireball. I have heard that it has more umph then the Orion big block I have now.

Yes, I'm just going to yank the Tekin motor and Lipo from my M18. Only problem with that is the cogging.
Most of the time my brushed mod motors are faster but 20% of the time they hang a brush or act weird in that it won't run so I figure the brushless is more dummy proof for me :P
Old 01-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
the venom fireball is pretty nice but like the title says it does get HOT. i have found that stock rc18t and mini-baja motors work really well and are under 20 bux. this is a good choice also!
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=TRI11991

hope this helps
jym

Last edited by jymellis; 01-24-2008 at 07:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.