R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
thachowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 963
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Micro RS4 Thread

Just starting a micro RS4 thread a place to post pics, help with mods and setup tips..
__________________
Cheers
Andrew "Chow" Clough
_____________________________________________
Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC :President
Yokomo - Futaba - LRP - Paint Made Special - Muchmore
thachowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Xtant3150c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Posts: 681
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

thachowman this is in response to your post in the other thread. thought it would be better served here.

you may want to get a little stronger servo?

maybe look into a better chassis? Like a Penguin R/C P3500 series.
or if you have a stock chassis you can use it and cut about a 5-7mm slot on either side of the chassis where the rear pod meets the main chassis area.

what wheelbase are you running? the shorter 140mm wb usually offers better steering response. and have not heard of to many guys that like the GPM X-shocks if that's what your running? most seem to like the stock suspension set up better.

good luck with your racing! give em hell!
__________________
space for rent
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
bigb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: POUGHKEEPSIE,NY
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11
Default

Here is a new six cell chassis for the MICRO RS4. YOU CAN USE ANY BODY WITH THIS CHASSIS.
Attached Thumbnails
Micro RS4 Thread-picture-188.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-242.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-183.jpg  
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Xtant3150c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Posts: 681
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Interesting design. Would probably make for a good drifter setup.
__________________
space for rent
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11
Here is a new six cell chassis for the MICRO RS4. YOU CAN USE ANY BODY WITH THIS CHASSIS.
IMHO, I think that's a pretty bad design, having cells up that high will be horrible for handling, it'll want to roll so much.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
thachowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 963
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c
thachowman this is in response to your post in the other thread. thought it would be better served here.

you may want to get a little stronger servo?

maybe look into a better chassis? Like a Penguin R/C P3500 series.
or if you have a stock chassis you can use it and cut about a 5-7mm slot on either side of the chassis where the rear pod meets the main chassis area.

what wheelbase are you running? the shorter 140mm wb usually offers better steering response. and have not heard of to many guys that like the GPM X-shocks if that's what your running? most seem to like the stock suspension set up better.

good luck with your racing! give em hell!
I find the HS55 not bad at all it was in my MIni T but as I am upgrading that I threw it in the RS4, and I wouldn't mind the penguin chassis but $$$ at the moment, the chassis on it now is not stock but I am unsure of what type it is as I bought it secondhand, I think that it is a GPM chassis .

I am running a 150mm wheel base atm, but I will try a 140mm when I get a belt and body, and yes it is the GPM X-shocks as far as I know.

But I think I may have just found a way to beat them ..

I have just bought an Xray M18 as well.. Hay if you cant beat em join em hey. I am still gonna work on the RS4 , but the M18 will be the main car now, I just am awaiting delivery so I'll keep you all posted on it's progress.
__________________
Cheers
Andrew "Chow" Clough
_____________________________________________
Fraser Coast RC Car Club/FCRCCC :President
Yokomo - Futaba - LRP - Paint Made Special - Muchmore
thachowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,381
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

What chassis is this and who sells them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11
Here is a new six cell chassis for the MICRO RS4. YOU CAN USE ANY BODY WITH THIS CHASSIS.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
What chassis is this and who sells them?
I wouldn't get that chassis. You would be much better off with a pan style chassis. The 2 best in my opinion are the Motec EXO2 and the Penguin. I would have to give the edge to the Penguin for the simple reason that they seem to have better availability. Motec seems to have left the micro rs4 behind.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
bigb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: POUGHKEEPSIE,NY
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11
Default

stevem, i do it was made so you could use any width body with six cell.

rapid roy, the best chassis is the RATZAS chassis without dought!!!!!
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11
stevem, i do it was made so you could use any width body with six cell.

rapid roy, the best chassis is the RATZAS chassis without dought!!!!!
Why do you think the Ratzas chassis the best? Both the EXO2 and the Penguin chassis have an active rear suspension pod which makes it handle much better. I'm pretty sure the Penguin can also be run either 140mm or 150mm which will allow the use of any body. The EXO2 is only 150mm. I have been using a GTP style porsche body on mine which is 150mm. Its ultra low and produces a lot of down force.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
18SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 264
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to 18SS
Default



i have seen many micros in my time some very fast and some very slow but this thing is the best reaction i have every made faster then my NTC3 with a novva rossi im not going to tell u wha i ahve in it the only thing is u can look at the body as u can tell or maybe u cant it has great steering
18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:55 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
bigb11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: POUGHKEEPSIE,NY
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11
Default

Rapid Roy, the RATZAS chassis has all the adjustment the other do (140 or 150). the first one had 4 springs attached to the tail section, then it went to tail peices with different thicknesses. remember all pan chassis are wide, this limits the body width, thats why i designed my chassis. it really is not top heavy. i have raced ratzas since the beginning. that why i like them so mucn.
Attached Thumbnails
Micro RS4 Thread-picture-041.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-024.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-100.jpg  
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11
Rapid Roy, the RATZAS chassis has all the adjustment the other do (140 or 150). the first one had 4 springs attached to the tail section, then it went to tail peices with different thicknesses. remember all pan chassis are wide, this limits the body width, thats why i designed my chassis. it really is not top heavy. i have raced ratzas since the beginning. that why i like them so mucn.
Ok, now I see what you are talking about. That Ratzas chassis is really wide. I haven't had any fitment problems with my Motek chassis. Looking at Penguins site, I see they have chassis with 3 different widths.

I also took a look at Motek's site and they have discontinued the Micro RS4 chassis. They only sell parts now.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18SS
i have seen many micros in my time some very fast and some very slow but this thing is the best reaction i have every made faster then my NTC3 with a novva rossi im not going to tell u wha i ahve in it the only thing is u can look at the body as u can tell or maybe u cant it has great steering
Say whaaaatttt!!?!?!?? You posts would be a lot easier to read if you used some punctuation.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #15
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,013
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

here is one of the newest chassis available for the mRS4 - Dragon Racing Products "Griffin" chassis...

I've been running mine about 3 or 4 weeks and I gotta say I am very impressed...

__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Micro Championship (onroad & offroad) THREAD maximebeauvais Micro and Mini Scales 46 10-12-2009 07:48 PM
Micro-T thread!! colt1402 Singapore R/C Racers 7 11-02-2007 10:28 AM
Calgary Mini/Micro Thread BuddhaTech Canadian R/C Scene 62 08-03-2006 01:59 AM
Indy Micro Racing Thread BadSign Micro and Mini Scales 1 07-15-2006 04:57 PM
Mini and Micro thread. losi International Racing Team 147 11-11-2004 07:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net