Wiki Posts
Search

Easy laps vs RCP

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Easy laps vs RCP

Does anyone have experience with both tracks? My not so local to me teach runs a huge rcp track that they change weekly but I’m looking at getting something for the house for me and my son to practice/play on. The easy laps is about 145.00 and the RCP is 390.00 they are the same size, 2m by 3m for the mini 96 and easy laps’ equivalent. I feel like for more than twice the money, the RCP should be twice as good but I’m unsure. Can someone tell me of the quality no the easy laps one.

thanks
Old 12-05-2023, 05:04 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RCP is the standard surface for Mini-Z. Tires are made for it specifically. Can they work on the Easy Laps track? Maybe, but no guarantee on the grip level.

I do not know anyone who has the Easy Laps track, I actually didnt know that they made a track until this post.

Easy Laps track is 50cm outside to outside, or 42cm inside to inside of the rails. RCP is 60cm outside to outside, assume 52cm inside to inside. While 10cm doesnt sound like much, its a big difference at speed. RCP Mini-96 is expandable, if you want to widen certain sections of track and there is a Mini-96 World Challenge which you can run monthly time trials and compare results with other drivers while practicing.

RCP is expensive, no question about it, but it is often one of the best investments in this scale. I have had a couple Mini-96 tracks over the years, but I have no space for it now.