• 3 Post By smirkracing
  • 1 Post By RazorRC

New Team Associated Reflex 14MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Team Associated Reflex 14MT

Looks pretty cool and it's nice to see a mini monster put out by a company that has a proven 1/10th Monster and a nicely designed 1/12th solid axle monster.

Team Associated 14MT
Old 09-26-2023, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

anyone pick one of these up? info seems to be a little hard to come by. i might be looking to impulse buy a new basher and this thing is only $215 bucks. i like the idea of having something a bit smaller that will fit in a backpack or easily get tossed in the trunk of the car. wondering how durable it is. how well it jumps. and how well it works on grass. also if there are any hop ups out for it yet.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Based on the parts list it looks like it still uses plastic internal diff gears. How well have these been holding up?
Old 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

spider gears or planetary gears? planetary i wouldn't worry about it. spider sounds kinda sus. aren't all the diffs oil filled? that would probably help absorb some of the shock. and it does come brushless so there has to be some kind of strength there
Old 09-28-2023, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have one and so far have been quite happy with it. I don't send it off 10+ foot high jumps but I am not gentle on my RCs either (long ago accepted that fixing them was half the fun). I have been surprised many times that it didn't break after a crash. Has decent top speed of about 29mph on my GPS. That speed feels good for its size. Obviously if you drive on a huge wide open field it won't feel like much but in a slightly enclosed space (like say, a backyard) it feels like a bullet zinging around.

Jumps nicely off my little skate ramps. It is very light so it gets tossed around easily but it has a very wide stance and has been very stable. I drive it a lot in short grass - does really well. Motor does tend to get very hot but that's with a 2200 mah battery which is heavy and lasts a long time (too long really)... I need to move down to a 1300 mah.

Not aware of any hop ups but I don't feel the need on this one - it is very well-balanced out of the box. I haven't done a thing to mine and it has been a lot of fun. On the buggy version there was a lot of talk about a bearing near the center diff giving out but I've been lucky so far and had no problems.

Speaking of center diff, it turns incredibly well with that center diff, and yet still has just enough diff action (barely) to pull wheelies once in a while For me, that's just right.

Last edited by smirkracing; 09-29-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I suspect that even though functionally the "V1" (2018-2022 releases, 14B older bodies, 14T, 14R) and "V2" (2023 onward, Ongaro/Gamma 14B, 14MT) Reflex 14 platforms are identical spec-wise besides body, body mounts, and wheels/tires, there are some QoL changes and QA improvements, like relocating the ESC and receiver to not require ESC removal for drivetrain access, and not having a defective/inadequate center diff bearing.
Old 11-06-2023, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I am looking into buying Reflex 14MT, but can't find out the dimensions of the battery tray or which size 2S LiPo battery to get for it. Can someone please shed more light if they know about it, or measure the battery tray.

Thank you
Old 11-06-2023, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This battery just barely fits if you trim the battery holder tabs just a little (30 seconds with a utility knife).

https://chinahobbyline.com/products/...ry-with-t-plug

These are the dimensions:
18X36X108mm

Fwiw that battery has a bit too much capacity and I prefer 1500 mah in this truck.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosaited
I am looking into buying Reflex 14MT, but can't find out the dimensions of the battery tray or which size 2S LiPo battery to get for it. Can someone please shed more light if they know about it, or measure the battery tray.

Thank you
The Reflex 14 battery tray is 100x30x20 but can fit some slightly larger batteries, especially with some slight modding
Old 11-09-2023, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Super fun truck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4VMja-BCpA

El_Rando likes this.