Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By smirkracing

2023 Team Associated 1/14th Buggy Reflex 14B Gamma RTR Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Suspended

Default 2023 Team Associated 1/14th Buggy Reflex 14B Gamma RTR Brushless

TEAM ASSOCIATED REFLEX 14B GAMMA RTR

Coming soon from Team Associated is the 1/14th scaled Reflex 14B Gamma RTR. This affordable RTR buggy comes fully pre-assembled and ready to bash right out of the box. Check out these highlights-

* New RC8B4e Gamma-style body with race-inspired livery
* 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system
* High-torque digital servo with spring-style servo saver
* Powerful Reedy 4500kV brushless motor
* Water-resistant Reedy brushless speed control with T-plug connector
* Three sealed differentials
* Threaded coil-over shock absorbers
* Adjustable turnbuckles
* Adjustable inserts for caster blocks and rear hubs
* Aluminum steering rack
* Front universal driveshafts
* Molded tub chassis with covered center driveshaft
* Aluminum center driveshaft
* 12mm wheel hexes

* Also available as a LiPo combo – #20179C, $259

The Team Associated Reflex 14B Gamma RTR has a part number of #20179 and is street priced at $215.

More pictures here:
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/team-asso...14b-gamma-rtr/
Old 02-24-2023, 07:10 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

This looks really cool, I want one..
Old 02-24-2023, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How is this different from the old version? Setting aside the body of course…
ae4ever, tyreguy and slick2500 like this.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing
How is this different from the old version? Setting aside the body of course…
I asked this same question in the Reflex 14B thread. The answer is…..just the body. No other updates or improvements.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
I asked this same question in the Reflex 14B thread. The answer is…..just the body. No other updates or improvements.
I've discovered an actual sealed diff mod I'll be posting to the main thread soon... so at leas there's that.
Old 04-12-2023, 12:06 PM
Suspended

ESC is also placed different.

Im impressed how durable this thing is.

RC Driver takes it to offroad track, indoor carpet track, and also Skatepark, this shines at the skatepark.
Looks almost impossible to break.

https://youtu.be/uPdvocU4FPY

Brutal RC Buggy Test - Team Associated Reflex 14B Gama

RCDriver_Online

i love that the Spur/pinion gear is Covered also, to avoid Spurgear strip out by stones
Old 05-03-2023, 02:12 PM
Suspended

Why is this sold out everywhere?

Atleast last week there was any in stock, i did check 3 stores online

edit:
now they are back in stock

are these any good ? anyone have this new gamma version?

One angry buyer at Amain LoL

Jason Rives

Verified Owner
Wednesday, Apr 12 2023 (3 weeks ago)
Team Associated Reflex 14B Gamma RTR 1/14 4WD Electric Buggy
Absolutely the biggest waist of money I’ve ever spent on a R/C
I held TEAM ASSOCIATED to a much higher level of quality and performance. This car is garbage and I’ll probably sell my original R/C s I have as displays. If this r/c represents the new TEAM ASSOCIATED I’m out no thank you!! Please take this garbage back

Old 05-03-2023, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Flymetonight,
Just curious what you didn't like about the Gamma? I have the original Reflex 14B, and other than the known bearing problem on the center diff it doesn't need much to really make it a blast on relativity smooth dirt, and graveled parking lots. But I found it to shine on asphalt and concrete with the correct tires. Now my RTR radio wouldn't allow me to center the steering servo, and I could have sent it in for warranty (which sucked), but I got a Sanwa MX6 to replace it which I was planning on anyway. It DOES NOT like rough gravel or anything other than well groomed grass.
I changed weight of the shock oil and springs, filled my diffs with 3k, 5k, and 8k diff fluid then sealed with RTV, changed the esc to a Hobbywing for the adjustability only, and the correct tires for the surface I'm running on, and it's been bulletproof!
So has something happened with this series of Reflex? Now I'm not saying it is as good as a Team Kit, but for a $200 RTR I have been pleased. Sorry to hear you had problems with yours!
Take Care and Drive Fast!
Drew
Old 05-06-2023, 08:19 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew
Hey Flymetonight,
Just curious what you didn't like about the Gamma? I have the original Reflex 14B, and other than the known bearing problem on the center diff it doesn't need much to really make it a blast on relativity smooth dirt, and graveled parking lots. But I found it to shine on asphalt and concrete with the correct tires. Now my RTR radio wouldn't allow me to center the steering servo, and I could have sent it in for warranty (which sucked), but I got a Sanwa MX6 to replace it which I was planning on anyway. It DOES NOT like rough gravel or anything other than well groomed grass.
I changed weight of the shock oil and springs, filled my diffs with 3k, 5k, and 8k diff fluid then sealed with RTV, changed the esc to a Hobbywing for the adjustability only, and the correct tires for the surface I'm running on, and it's been bulletproof!
So has something happened with this series of Reflex? Now I'm not saying it is as good as a Team Kit, but for a $200 RTR I have been pleased. Sorry to hear you had problems with yours!
Drew
Hi i dont have buy this yet.
Thinking about it.

So the normal, diff, chock oils, another radio, i will use rebranded Hobbywing with programmercard 45a
i have dumbo rc6 ch with many extra receivers waiting for new cars to buy.
What lipo is max? can it handle 3s? Maybe 3s is overkill? I know that 24size 1/16 4500kv needs 3s to be decent fast.
This has 28size, wonder how much difference that does in speed compared to 24size 4500kv in 1/16. 2s is too slow.
Maybe this needs 3s also? you can always turn down max speed at radio to 85-90% to be on the nice edge

Do you know what size fits max in the tray?

Other wise it is durable? Motor is good?
I really like the new body , green white. gray
Old 05-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

DUH ME! I miss read your post! Sorry

I am unsure what it will do with a 3s, but with the stock setup and battery (2s) it is pretty fast. It has plenty of power and speed for small to mid-sized tracks, but might feel slow on bigger 1/10-1/8th scale tracks. It's no speed demon in a straight line, but I have passed cars doing 30mph on the street beside my house.

Check out the Reflex thread here, as it has a lot if info, and pics of the Reflex's we have here.
Associated Reflex 14B/14T
Hopefully you can find one soon, as they are a blast as long as you know going in it's not a 1/10 scale basher or an 1/8 Buggy! I haven't broken a single part, other than a cracking a wheel (duratrax street tire-wheel) sliding into a rock flowerbed wall, and I have flipped and rolled mine many times! And I too like the new body! I have never been a big fan of the flag scheme bodies, at least the mass produced ones. I have mine setup as a truggy now, since I mainly run on my concrete driveway track, and the truggy body protects the front shock tower from being ground down on lid slides! Also being in Texas it's 95-105* 8 months out of the year, and the truggy body allows much better cooling!!!

I have been mainly driving Mini-Z's lately in the MIni96 World Challenge, but the weather is perfect now to break out the Reflex and run some laps! Post some Pics when you find one!
Drew

Last edited by BoxxerBoyDrew; 05-06-2023 at 10:50 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-09-2023, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by flymetonight
Hi i dont have buy this yet.
Thinking about it.

So the normal, diff, chock oils, another radio, i will use rebranded Hobbywing with programmercard 45a
i have dumbo rc6 ch with many extra receivers waiting for new cars to buy.
What lipo is max? can it handle 3s? Maybe 3s is overkill? I know that 24size 1/16 4500kv needs 3s to be decent fast.
This has 28size, wonder how much difference that does in speed compared to 24size 4500kv in 1/16. 2s is too slow.
Maybe this needs 3s also? you can always turn down max speed at radio to 85-90% to be on the nice edge

Do you know what size fits max in the tray?

Other wise it is durable? Motor is good?
I really like the new body , green white. gray
Would highly suggest not running 3s, eats the spur gears even faster.
2838motor is ideal I've run both 4700kv and 5700kv without issue, you'll want the lc racing emb-1 pinion gears though to accomodate for the larger shaft size. (the big issue with the stock 280 is heat fyi), also you can replace F/R diffs with LC racing emb 1 heavy duty oil filled ones, just be sure you also get the metal gears upgrade from AE as well so you don't destroy the dogbone gears.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raleigh
also you can replace F/R diffs with LC racing emb 1 heavy duty oil filled ones, just be sure you also get the metal gears upgrade from AE as well so you don't destroy the dogbone gears.
Are you talking about this

L6260 LC Racing HD Differential Set

to replace the Reflex's F/R diffs?
Thanks for the help! I have been sealing the Reflex's diffs with black RTV, which is working but a PIA!
Drew
Old 06-30-2023, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

apologies for the late reply, but yes those are the diffs I run