Search
Like Tree275Likes

GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default I have found my fastest car.

This was the first run with the car.
I have the GLA and thought it would be my fastest but this thing just gets around the track easier. I just ran 4.64 fast lap with the GLR and up until this point the best I’ve run with any of my cars was a 4.75. I just got the rear arm to get the GLA sorted and it’s installed. I’m like a kid in a candy store. I got my GLR and my GLA to drive. I had to steal the wheels from my MR03 for the GLR so I placed an order for enough tires to mount all the rims I have coming from GL Racing. Order from GL was made on the 24th and still waiting. Ordered tires from Amain and they’ll be here on Wednesday. I’m probably gonna be benching the MR03s while I sort out the bugs on these two. I am very pleased with these cars and they will only get better with tuning. Thanks to everyone for all the help. If anyone has a Mini96, check out the Mini96 world challenge. I will also have a KT432PT available if anyone is interested.
EMU and LJH like this.

Last edited by Mattdaddy1974; 05-04-2019 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Add pics
Old 05-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Vintage bug

got a lot to take care of before it hits the track for testing. But I do love how it’s going to look.
EMU and Kremzeek like this.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Where’d you get that body from?
Old 05-12-2019, 04:24 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974
Where’d you get that body from?
Kenon has them in stock.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

They have them both in a race thickness and a practice thickness. I like a more durable body so practice it is. They didn’t have a whole lot of info on the body, info so far if interested.
Golem bee 98mm perfect.
Included paint over film (expected)
Included window masks are really tight, well done. Headlight tail light stickers included.

I’m running 3+ offset in the rear and 2+ in the front in this photo. It could handle +3 in the front. But I totally dig the slammed tucked bug look. I should be done with paint today, I will post some detailed shots, still kicking around how I am going to mount it, either with the gl body mounts or 3D printing a custom mount. I really don’t favor body posts, but they are secure.
magnum_junior likes this.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:47 AM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Generate.sparx
They have them both in a race thickness and a practice thickness. I like a more durable body so practice it is. They didn’t have a whole lot of info on the body, info so far if interested.
Golem bee 98mm perfect.
Included paint over film (expected)
Included window masks are really tight, well done. Headlight tail light stickers included.

I’m running 3+ offset in the rear and 2+ in the front in this photo. It could handle +3 in the front. But I totally dig the slammed tucked bug look. I should be done with paint today, I will post some detailed shots, still kicking around how I am going to mount it, either with the gl body mounts or 3D printing a custom mount. I really don’t favor body posts, but they are secure.
I wish they had lowered the roof line to give it a sportier look, more speedster like.

the scale is close to 1/24 rather than 1/28.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

It’s def. More 1/24. And agree it’s a bit tall. I would love to see some different body’s in the age, Nissan skyline, Mini Cooper. Could be a interesting class.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the GL003-DMG GL servo that comes with the GLR is a digital servo? I'd like to enable SHR (High Response/Digital Servos) mode on my Sanwa but I read it can damage the servo if it's not digital. I'm kind of assuming it is but just want to double check.

Really I'd like a SSR (Super Response/SRG Servo) compatible servo but I haven't seen any small enough for the GLR.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:44 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomthegeek
Does anybody know if the GL003-DMG GL servo that comes with the GLR is a digital servo? I'd like to enable SHR (High Response/Digital Servos) mode on my Sanwa but I read it can damage the servo if it's not digital. I'm kind of assuming it is but just want to double check.

Really I'd like a SSR (Super Response/SRG Servo) compatible servo but I haven't seen any small enough for the GLR.
I have passed on the question for verification with my source at GL. Will update when I know for sure.

based on the item code, DMG, leads me to believe that it is Digital Metal Gear, however I would wait for confirmation.
tomthegeek likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've read that the GL003-DMG servo is the same as the Blue Arrow BA 8-2F MG which is digital.
EMU and tomthegeek like this.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
I've read that the GL003-DMG servo is the same as the Blue Arrow BA 8-2F MG which is digital.
BA CLASSIC
EMU likes this.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:27 PM
EMU
Tech Master

I have looked through many of the blue arrow servos, and this one did come to mind as the OEM for the GL, however I could not say that it was certainly the case. Google also does not point me to an alternate source for the BA model, so I could not purchase and compare directly. I was able to get a somewhat similar BA servo, but the dimensions didn't work for my project.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

You can get the servo from MC3. That's where I saw the info.

MC3 - Mini Car Club of Canada: Mini-Z and dNano Tracks in Toronto Canada

Dunno if I'd pay $35 for it unless that's Canadian pesos.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:56 AM
EMU
Tech Master

MC3 is priced in CAD.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Figured I'd throw this here, looking to trade my fully upgraded GLA v2.1 for a moderately equal GLR.

Any takers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.