R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/1011104-glr-1-27-scale-rwd-pan-chassis.html)

Tim3 02-19-2018 12:25 PM

GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis

4 Attachment(s)
GL Racing new GLR 1/27th scale RWD chassis kit.
The mini-size car utilises a design comparable to a 1/12th scale pan car, making for a low centre of gravity and low weight with the rear end sporting a tri-friction grease damper system, an aluminium alloy rear sub frame and a ball differential with 64 pitch gears. The front end is made up using carbon fibre, alloy and composite parts and that all is connected by a 98mm wheelbase carbon fibre chassis.
Other features include a steering crank with built-in servo saver, a full metal gear servo with partial alloy casing and a side link system for maximum rear axle traction.

GLR 1/27 RWD Chassis - W/O RX [GLR-001-KSET] - 179.99USD : GL Racing, Mini RC cars

GLR 1/27 RWD Chassis - with Servo & Alloy Mount - no RX,ESC [GLR-001-SSET] - 165.99USD : GL Racing, Mini RC cars

Tim3 02-19-2018 12:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more pictures.

Tim3 02-19-2018 12:52 PM

I think this is buy fare the best looking micro pan car I have ever seen.

As of this date, there isn't any stock.
I was going to order one but had to put myself on the e-mail waiting list. :nod:

It looks to have the mounting for mini z hard bodies. Sweet

Tim3 02-20-2018 12:25 PM

Video
https://youtu.be/8ut97usyPBM

Tim3 02-27-2018 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was looking for some motors and found this little Joule.

Item no.: TP-BLM-7200KV-MBX
MBX 7200KV sensored brushless motor (for 1/27th miniz)

Specifications:
- Sensor type
- Motor Dimension (Diameter x Length): 16mm x 27mm
- Shaft Diameter: 2mm
- Weight: 18.5g
- KV: 7200KV

RC Explorer Co. Ltd.

mleemor60 02-27-2018 06:37 AM

That is a nice looking piece. More than double the power needed but with sensoring so a step in the correct direction. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a programmable micro ESC to go along with it at a reasonable or even realistic price point.

v_squared 02-27-2018 05:57 PM

They already have it. Ensotech Swave E

Originally Posted by mleemor60 (Post 15169481)
That is a nice looking piece. More than double the power needed but with sensoring so a step in the correct direction. It will be interesting to see if they can come up with a programmable micro ESC to go along with it at a reasonable or even realistic price point.

mleemor60 02-28-2018 03:30 AM

Do they make different options? The one you mentioned is good only to 7000KV. That is a subtle difference but enough for an offshore seller to proclaim "so sorry, you don't follow directions".

Esavage92 02-28-2018 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tim3 (Post 15163604)

That video was very impressive, and then as soon as the driver pulled off to the side and pulled off the body pins, I was like woaaaaahhh its so much smaller than it looks on the track.

v_squared 02-28-2018 10:19 AM

No options yet but I'm sure they will. What options are you looking for?

Originally Posted by mleemor60 (Post 15170318)
Do they make different options? The one you mentioned is good only to 7000KV. That is a subtle difference but enough for an offshore seller to proclaim "so sorry, you don't follow directions".

v_squared 03-03-2018 08:37 AM

This car is stunning. Just finished building mine. I could never touch another 1/10 car again and be perfectly happy racing this little thing.

Tim3 03-06-2018 05:18 AM

Hay v_squared

That's grate you got your in.
I have wait a little longer to get the cash for mine....:)

Could you post pictures of yours for me and if you can, get a vid :)

mleemor60 03-06-2018 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by v_squared (Post 15173014)
This car is stunning. Just finished building mine. I could never touch another 1/10 car again and be perfectly happy racing this little thing.

Trust me, you'll get over it.

Currently, development in after market 1/28 scale is moving so fast that everything that has been purchased will be nearly obsolete in less than 6 months.

liljohn1064 03-06-2018 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mleemor60 (Post 15175266)
Trust me, you'll get over it.

Currently, development in after market 1/28 scale is moving so fast that everything that has been purchased will be nearly obsolete in less than 6 months.

These GLRs pretty much mimic the current 1/10 pan cars in design and function. The cars from X-Power are interesting and they do come with a sensored motor. Both v_squared and I have the IDF F1 car. Mine isn't built as I don't like the length and scale appearance of the car, so I'm going to have a new scale chassis cut. Yesterday he (v^2) shows me the Mini-Car Club of Canada F1 and LM bodied cars they will be putting out next month. Check their Facebook page. As far as the 1/28 class developing, progress is good. These cars handle great. If they can make them better, that's awesome.

I now have my kit, all the options, body and bumper kit (or a Ferrari 599), receiver and tires. Hoping to have it running by the weekend. And I have v_squared to bounce ideas off of. I've been racing with him for the last 6 years.

mleemor60 03-06-2018 09:02 AM

There in lies the issue. The fact that they are now mimicking 1/10 scale cars is a big part of the issue. As the package is shrunk you start to run into economy of scale concerns. To create say a shock absorber the quality of a TRF 1/10 unit in 1/28 the part would cost 4 times as much so what you get is a box full of cute little kibble and bits that when assembled properly has the power to re-kit itself at the end of the first straight. You mention X-Power. Top quality all the way with everything they make but you are also going to pay 1/10 prices for it. All of this is based off the Kyosho Mini-Z which despite it's toy like appearance is a worthy platform in this scale. It currently seems to have lost it's way a bit with TX,RX concerns and an international market that want's everything to be lipo powered. Once the electronic part settles down it will get back to normal. Right now the scale is being diluted by anybody with a 3d printer. The man at the helm of GL used to be the head man at Atomic and pioneered their AMR,AMZ and BZ platforms but was stymied by corporate interference and cost over runs while trying to make the product better. Now he is the Chinaman in charge with specific goals. Now all he has to do is figure a way within the manufacturing structure he exists in to get the exact part he specifies from his suppliers who have a tendency to short cut on contracts so they can extract another fraction of a percentage point from the agreement that they underbid to get. In the end the retail purchaser is holding the bag. Things used to be made in Japan. Now they sublet to China who then sublets to Vietnam and so on down the line.