OUTPUT BATTERY CONNECT ERROR

Old 08-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default OUTPUT BATTERY CONNECT ERROR

For one of my maxamps 6500mah 7.4v lipos I'm getting the error "OUTPUT BATTERY CONNECT ERROR". The other charges fine. I'm using DUO3 to charge. I haven't used the battery yet and am wondering if it's defective?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am having a simular problem. Same charger but differnt battery.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

If your using Deans plugs Clean the inside of the plugs. Scrape them out with a Number 11 X-acto blade or a small thin screw driver. Solder flux can and does seep through from the back side when we install them. We try to clean the plugs but sometimes the remaining flux hasn't cured at that point and dries later. It forms a film on the contacts that is like wax. It will not allow for contact and you may get the error. We check all packs after they are built on a charger in house so chances of you getting a defective battery are very slim.

Jason
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
If your using Deans plugs Clean the inside of the plugs. Scrape them out with a Number 11 X-acto blade or a small thin screw driver. Solder flux can and does seep through from the back side when we install them. We try to clean the plugs but sometimes the remaining flux hasn't cured at that point and dries later. It forms a film on the contacts that is like wax. It will not allow for contact and you may get the error. We check all packs after they are built on a charger in house so chances of you getting a defective battery are very slim.

Jason
I'll try that tonight... thanks!!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Jason
Tried all that you recommended but still did not work?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Ok two more thing to check. Take a volt meter to the main lead on the pack and check the voltage. Also make sure your plug into the active channel on the charger. So in other words make sure your on the channel your plugged into.

Jason
Old 08-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Ok two more thing to check. Take a volt meter to the main lead on the pack and check the voltage. Also make sure your plug into the active channel on the charger. So in other words make sure your on the channel your plugged into.

Jason
I don't have a volt meter. Can anyone recommend a cheap one I get buy?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Craftsman sells one for about 25 bucks. You should have one anyways it's a handy tool when dealing with electrics.

Jason
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont know that this will help but:

I had a similar problem , while balance charging, the balance conector on the charger had become a little loose.
A 'batt. voltage error' message was displayed, so , I tried again , putting finger pressure on the charger side balance tap. As soon as I released finger pressure , I go the error.

A small strip of thin lexan wedged between the balance tap and the balance tap case fixed it.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

bc24fl what were you able to figure out??

Jason
Old 10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll think try that first and see if it works .
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had a battery from another manufacturer doing the same thing. It had one of those cheap knockoff looking Deans plugs and everything looked fine. I put a true Deans plug on it and haven't had an issue since.

Seems the Hyperion is sensitive to the connection compared to other brands of chargers, as I could charge this one on another top brand charger without issues.

Actually a good thing in my opinion, but it reiterates that you should check your plugs anytime you get this type of error.