Wiki Posts
Search

hard case mini/micro lipos

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hard case mini/micro lipos

hard case mini/micro lipos.........I have been looking around for a few days and cannot find any. For '09 here in Australia they are required for club level (and up) no matter what scale.
To MaxAmps: how about being the 1st outlet/manufacturer to get in on this untaped market ?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Right now I would say no. It takes a lot of development and time invested into these case projects. The other thing is a case will greatly reduce the size of packs that will fit in the already tight trays that the 1/18th scale cars have. It's such a small percentage of the market when it comes to cased packs that it's very hard to justify the expense to make cases for them. In the future it may be possible but for now no.

Jason
Old 11-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes, I did have 1/18th in mind actually. I currently use a 1000mAh limn which gives plenty of juice and lies well within the battery bay dimensions. I hope other club racers who are affected by these rule changes will speak up for their needs to be met by manufactures.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

I mentioned what you have going on to my boss but our main concern would be what ROAR does here in the US. They for some reason feel that what they say for rules goes. So until they come up with a cased 1/18th scale case dimension rule I don't think we will pursue it to hard. We already did our own case design that they said didn't meet there specs. We not going to jump thru hoops again for them. Like I said also it's a very small market as well.

Jason