Search

2012/13 Indoor Carpet Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spedtke
Gentlemen:
Can we all just stop for a moment and take a breath. In my short existence with MARCCA, I have had the opportunity to see this situation unfold every late summer/early fall. The club needs a building for the winter, and the mad dash to find a place begins.
Last year, the search went well. Previous years - not so well. With help from networking members (Keith Hills comes to mind one year) we were able to secure a roof and four walls to race in.
As for this year, I shopped around, called brokers and asked to speak to the property owners. I even spent a day looking up property owners from tax assesments and deed records. I was having no luck.
Was onroad purposely forgotten in this building's lease agreement? No.
Let's take a step back and evaluate. First, club approaches landlord with an offer - we pay you a small percentage (and I mean peanuts when compared to market rate) of what you would get from a tenant for space that is vacant now. Owner gets income, club gets space. Building is "secured" for club to begin racing. However, the club agrees that the owner can ask the club to leave at anytime.
So, first step is done. I personally was not at the meeting with the owner, so I do not know if the Sunday program was ever brought up.
So, lets follow a process that will hopefully remedy any ill will people may feel about the club "forgetting" about the onroad.
1- ask the owner about Sunday, make an effort to convince him it would be some more income.
2- if the owner agrees, find a responsible person to race direct, collect registration fees.
3- if the owner declines, the club needs to evaluate the options available.

Before assumptions are made or people start banging heads; can we first hear what the building owner's decision is concerning Sunday?
As for the club being married to the building - NO. There is no lease, therefore, we can leave anytime. If there is another building with comparable size and an owner willing to make the concessions in rent, I say it is something to think about. Maybe even wonder why it wasnt an option in the first place.

And Jeff, I am sorry. I couldn't take it anymore. But I am looking forward to seeing some friendly faces Saturday. Coaching little league, work and travel killed my summer nitro fun. Looking forward to the smell of paragon.

And if anyone wants to discuss the club or the board, I'm always willing to listen.

Chad Murry
MARCCA VP
Well put explanation and very reasonable plan. With the Spektrum race fast approaching Jason and myself will not be able to attend the next few weekends. I think it is reasonable to allow this sort of discussion publicly and maybe even go over the concerns in the board meeting giving the posts made by people willing to attach their name to comments due consideration as legitimate concerns for the club to address. Please post new developments so those of us not able to attend regularly know our options for MARCCA racing.

Keith.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walterstech
This seems like a good Idea, on road show up early build track and race be done by 3-4PM Track would be all warmed up for off road and anyone running on road can hang and race off. We might race a round of on road Buggy, truck , sct whatever just to watch then change tires for off.
That is a generous idea and sounds like a good plan. We would have to redesign the jumps so they are easier to manage and setup, but can be done.

Everyone is right in that indoor racing can be rather expensive. For all those who really care about MARCCA this past summer should have raised some alarms. MARCCA's outdoor programs has always been the bread winner because we didn't have to pay rent. If outdoor racing is not going well we have to grow the indoor programs. Therefore in my eyes onroad at MARCCA must continue and buggy indoor needs to be seriously consider.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Excellent spike did a amazing job canot wait fir 2013.lets stop the bs and race.who needs parogon its bad for your health anyways. see u on the rug. Thx again spike for calling the action
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jeremy, it looks like I will definitly want those snows as I will be doing a bit more driving this winter.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Suspended

MARCCAs website should probably be updated for this season to include any changes to the program. Would hate to see a group of out-of-towners drive accross the state on the wrong day to find an empty building.

Hey, is the Bobcat available for personal use for members? Got a few things to do around the house, it would make it easier. No biggie. Actually now that I think about it, I've got 3 friends that have Bobcats, I'll probably just borrow one of those.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here's a picture of the building if anyone has trouble finding it. Kinda poor lighting its getting late.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's one of the inside. Tons of space and excellent lighting.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JordanCatalano
MARCCAs website should probably be updated for this season to include any changes to the program. Would hate to see a group of out-of-towners drive accross the state on the wrong day to find an empty building.

Hey, is the Bobcat available for personal use for members? Got a few things to do around the house, it would make it easier. No biggie. Actually now that I think about it, I've got 3 friends that have Bobcats, I'll probably just borrow one of those.
John,

Settle down or you're going to blow an O-ring. I will update the website when the schedule is confirmed. Have patience, it will all get sorted out in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime your comments are not helping the onroad groups cause.

FYI - The club has a New Holland Skid Steer Tractor its not a Bobcat.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

We're out and practicing now.

For anyone that is wondering the 1/10 buggys with rubber tires work excellent on the carpet! See if we can get a class this Saturday!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
John,

Settle down or you're going to blow an O-ring. I will update the website when the schedule is confirmed. Have patience, it will all get sorted out in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime your comments are not helping the onroad groups cause.

FYI - The club has a New Holland Skid Steer Tractor its not a Bobcat.
Nah, had the o-ring checked out a few years ago, I got the butt of an 18 year old...well...a fat 18 year old.

At the top of the website there used to be pictures of Sedans, F1s etc. Now only trucks. I could probably scrounge up some onroad type vehicle pictures if needed.

Building looks great. I'm sure all of our members will have a chance to enjoy it this year.

I think Bobcat is the Kleenex of...bobcats.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll check and see if our trucks still run, but Miles and I might be able to make it Saturday. Can someone PM me the address?

Add Miles and I to the list of on-road racers:

We are ready with:
17.5 Blinky Sedan X 2
21.5 F1 Rubber X 2
21.5 F1 Foam X 1 (almost 2)
13.5 WGT blinky X 2
17.5 12th blinky X 1
21.5 Mini X 1
25.5 TA X 2

John and Miles Higgins, Deerfield, WI
Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Initiate

so when does the carpet season start and whats the address to the track and are you guys still doing the tc races on sundays and if so will there be an open class this year?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Suspended

I think it was 5400 King James Way. Real easy to find. Last year we ended up running stock 17.5 blinky (which really is not too slow), but I would assume you could run with us.

From the looks of the building and carpet it should be a good year for onroad.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I will run open mod tc, 17.5 blinky or trans am. All we need is 3 to make a class. But no confirmation on Sunday racing yet.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

nice pictures i cant even see them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.