Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012/13 Indoor Carpet Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

OK. Sounds like everything went well. When do we plan on running? This coming Saturday, or is it 2 weeks out?
Also, was anything discussed with the landlord about running Sundays for the sedan guys?
Daryl
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Also Short Course Tires, what is used?

The kyosho tires do give alot of grip. Although they do not last very long. The Blitz tires seem to work well and last along time. But you need the "D" compound tires. I run the blitz in the rear and some bald asscioated tires in front. I like mine to push more rather than snap around a corner because the front has too much traction. Hope that helps.
Daryl.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone still thinking buggy if we can make it work or........has anyone been working on anything? I know it a long shot but.... I was just wondering If not it's all good Still looking forward to the race year!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
you guys are so close to me now that i can smell the paragon....i am sure you will see me more this winter..
Looking forward to running sedans locally. Cesar may have a T3 for sale if you don't still have one.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

My buggy kit will be here this week and I plan on making some tower covers and see what the club thinks I think if we can come up with a form of tower protection and they are not harmful to the carpet. Why not run them just means more entries.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

Glad to hear that MARCCA has a building to run in this winter. I was beginning to get tired of people telling me "no, not interested" on the phone concerning renting space.
Anyone have any 22t foams they wouldn't mind selling? Or if anyone knows if there are some at RC Perfomance? Im hoping Rick comes up, but if not, I still would like to run soon.
Thanks to all that helped with the move, and to those responsible for the building. Looking forward to the fun Saturday nights with the gang.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I chatted with Rick online yesterday. He is hoping to come Saturday and may have some tires along. His operation has been on hold for awhile. Hopefully he gets things back into gear as he makes the best tires out there and his customer service is second to none.

As I understand the lease, we are allowed to have the track open Wednesdays for setup and practice and Saturdays for racing for the agreed to rent payment that includes utilities. Additional days would have to be negotiated and additional money needed to cover the added utilities. My suggestion is to form a group of dedicated onroad racers and present a proposal to the board for racing on Sundays that can be discussed with the landlord. I would think that if there is enough dedicated interest and enough money generated, that Sundays could happen. I am not on the board so possibly things could be different than I stated.

This building is nice. Good floor, nice walls, great lighting. Nothing is to be screwed to the walls without board permission. Housekeeping will be important. Our landlord is right onsite and wants things keep clean for possible showings of the building.

Still lots of work to be done. Please pitch in and help when you can.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marccaracer
As I understand the lease, we are allowed to have the track open Wednesdays for setup and practice and Saturdays for racing for the agreed to rent payment that includes utilities. Additional days would have to be negotiated and additional money needed to cover the added utilities. My suggestion is to form a group of dedicated onroad racers and present a proposal to the board for racing on Sundays that can be discussed with the landlord. I would think that if there is enough dedicated interest and enough money generated, that Sundays could happen. I am not on the board so possibly things could be different than I stated.can.
I beg your pardon?

We had a dedicated group of on-road racers last year and raced until the very last possible week. Why on earth was the on-road program excluded from the onset in lieu of a full day for off-road practice that generates no income?

Last year, it was claimed that the "owner" had an issue with the club's Sunday program. The on-road group talked directly to the owner when he stopped in on a Sunday.

He claimed to have had NO such issue with the club being there on Sunday at all, and, hadn't had any such discussion with anyone at MARCCA regarding inhabiting the building on Sunday.

Granted, the on-road program doesn't currently have the numbers that the off-road program does, but that has oscillated both ways throughout the years.

From the MARCCA website;

MARCCA is an all volunteer club dedicated to providing a quality, family oriented environment for the promotion and enjoyment of radio controlled hobbies.

Does this imply exclusion?

I mean, as long as a program generates enough revenue to "simply cover" the costs, what's the issue? Isn't MARCCA a nonprofit organization?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default No on road?

Let me get this straight - someone finds a building, then only arranges for a day of racing off road and says screw any on road interest?

I guess MARCCA is now officially the MAORRCCA.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended

Perhaps we can rent the Bobcat out to pay for the huge amount of heat and electricity that onroad uses for a few hours on Sunday. Plus the building is already heated up from Saturday night. It's a no brainer from my perspective.

If it was a money thing, why was $11,000 spent on a tool used a few hours a year? Not my $50.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JordanCatalano
Perhaps we can rent the Bobcat out to pay for the huge amount of heat and electricity that onroad uses for a few hours on Sunday. Plus the building is already heated up from Saturday night. It's a no brainer from my perspective.

If it was a money thing, why was $11,000 spent on a tool used a few hours a year? Not my $50.
I heard it was closer to $14,000, and that it didn't get the approvel from all of the board members...
Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Zack. You were missinformed
Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

No faith left in mankind. I thought as a higher specie with elevated morals, we are suppose to look out for each other. Is this how we really treat one another.

I just want to know who are the offroad guys and who are the onroad guys.

You know what goes around comes around. I have been with the club for a long long time and was hopping that the new leadership and board members would end this offroad vs onroad thing. Here is the chance for the offroad guys to show their true color since they are the ruling majority. Who is going to break this vicious cycle of us vs them.

To those that negotiated the lease, how much does it cost to add one more day of racing?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast Racing
Zach. You were missinformed

Ok, sorry. Out of curiosity, who was on the board at the time?
Old 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Gentlemen, This issue wont get resolved by posting comments on this message board. I would suggest the onroad racers meet with the leadership to attempt to resolve this issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.