Motor Rule

Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Motor Rule

With all this talk about guys getting hacked and crashed and what not. Does any one think it is time we come up with a motor rule to tame down some of the racing a little. The first week I watched the open short course a-main and that was a desaster!!! With that being a "beginner" class do you really think they need to be using 8.5's and such. I really would like to see the lower classes using smaller motors and the classes broken up by there motor size and not by the "skill level"

I think it would really help the quality of racing, let the racers get good with the truck and the set up, and then worry about going fast.

JMHO

Bud Riedner #4D
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racin4D
With all this talk about guys getting hacked and crashed and what not. Does any one think it is time we come up with a motor rule to tame down some of the racing a little. The first week I watched the open short course a-main and that was a desaster!!! With that being a "beginner" class do you really think they need to be using 8.5's and such. I really would like to see the lower classes using smaller motors and the classes broken up by there motor size and not by the "skill level"

I think it would really help the quality of racing, let the racers get good with the truck and the set up, and then worry about going fast.

JMHO

Bud Riedner #4D

I think its OK....
when I raced open, the first thing I needed to learn was the infamous "slow is fast" until someone can figure that out, they are usualy in open...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JMHO

Bud Riedner #4D
Isnt' the limited motor class called "stock"? Open should not be a beginner class. If that's what the beginners are going, maybe they should be convinced to buy stock motors first.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mjk1210
Isnt' the limited motor class called "stock"? Open should not be a beginner class. If that's what the beginners are going, maybe they should be convinced to buy stock motors first.
Yes but at MARCCA, it is run what you brung for every one and the classes are broken up by skill level not equipment. which is just my point!!!

Bud Riedner #4D
Old 11-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

You know me, give me the slowest motor! LOL I think in the sct's that the faster motors are way to much for them. I don't think the trucks can handle the power. When one realizes that slow is fast, that's when good laps come. Until then, it's hack fest time! I had to run a 5.5 because that is what was in my rent a ride. It was turn down to 70% though. Probably still to much for that truck though. This week I think will be a good judgement on motors. If a truck can make the big jump, it's probably to much. I think a spec class would be fun. Comes down to driver then. Until we start up about battery C ratings.
Daryl
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

anyone up for a "box stock" slash spec class???

just use scotty's rules, and tech the top 3 trucks...
Old 11-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

What motor size is that?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

it would be the stock titan 12t, xl5 esc, stock servo, RX of your choice

IRRC, things like related to setup can be changed(shock oil, diff, gearing, etc), but no aftermarket parts...

tires would have to be the stock wheels/tires that came on the truck, I think there are 2-3 different tread patterns now...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

You are talking just slash?
Old 11-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dayglo33
You are talking just slash?
yes...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

you guys are beating a dead horse.. we tried this years ago and got at all day long... good luck with the motor rule!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I know, but I'm BOARD!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
you guys are beating a dead horse.. we tried this years ago and got at all day long... good luck with the motor rule!!!
Thanks for the support!!! That was then this is now.

Bud Riedner #4D
Old 11-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thanks for the support!!! That was then this is now.

Bud Riedner #4D
anytime bud!!! i always like to support the club but on this 1 things just stay the same.. i have seen it year after year.. i was always wanting a motor limit but all i got was " then guys have to buy another motor" "we dont want to make guys spend more money" "they can run what they have it will save on money for the racer" just a few lines i was told over the years.. jeremy
Old 11-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can place things like rules in place & in the end people will get butt hurt.

So what is a good starting point? 13.5, 10.5?
Either of those I can boost into the stratosphere...
17.5 doesn't belong in a SCT, I TQ'd two weeks ago on one, but it was just stupid.

Does my 8.5 look fast? no
Does it come off the track at 180+ deg? no
I think 98-128deg on a motor is perfect.

Put motor rules in place & then there had better be weight rules too.
I'll gladly get an uber battery & hot charge it & then see where that leaves you...

Some people are rule benders, have no rules & it is always a fair playing feild.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.