Like Tree15Likes

Interest in restarting the club.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think that those here in the area have already read this, and the other thread. While there’s more here locally then I thought, still not enuff to really get anything going. I like the idea of what you have planned. But it’s too far for me to make any kind of commitment.

With the first of the clubs, Ultra Fast, having its first race Saturday. Might get a idea of how many could be interested.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering, what caused the demise of the club?
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
Just wondering, what caused the demise of the club?
We lost our space and couldn't find another. We relied heavily on the $1000 to $1500 a month rental space month to month. The last landlord wanted to use the space for themselves and we haven't been able to find another.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I think that those here in the area have already read this, and the other thread. While thereís more here locally then I thought, still not enuff to really get anything going. I like the idea of what you have planned. But itís too far for me to make any kind of commitment.

With the first of the clubs, Ultra Fast, having its first race Saturday. Might get a idea of how many could be interested.
No worries Billy. I'm thinking someone in your area needs to spearhead this one and start a North Eastern Illinois RC club. The same philosophy works for other non-profit clubs and religious organizations. Find between 40 and 50 guys who are willing to be trustees for a grand a year and raise a building. I'm the one pushing for South Central Wisconsin, I wouldn't expect anyone from South of Beloit to be too concerned about Madison, WI. Then we could head up or down for a couple big invitational races a year.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
No worries Billy. I'm thinking someone in your area needs to spearhead this one and start a North Eastern Illinois RC club. The same philosophy works for other non-profit clubs and religious organizations. Find between 40 and 50 guys who are willing to be trustees for a grand a year and raise a building. I'm the one pushing for South Central Wisconsin, I wouldn't expect anyone from South of Beloit to be too concerned about Madison, WI. Then we could head up or down for a couple big invitational races a year.
Will see what happens down here. Getting 40 to be involved seems overwhelming. Considering WC was only getting 20-30.

One in the MiniZ group is supposedly working on something. But havenít heard anything more now in month. He had two possible locations. One was ok for distance. Other would pretty much be a no go for me.

For now Iím just waiting for the official decision about our 1/10 group. Pretty sure I already know but waiting for the guys to make the announcement.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
No one reading this any longer?

I'm guessing we either need a wealthy benefactor, or 20 members to form the board of trustees. The trustees each come up with $1000 USD and sign the charter for this club. We then either decide to rent or buy. The preference would be to buy and retain a 15 year mortgage of $200,000 with 10% down. Yes, it sounds like a lot of money and a lot of responsibility. But, if the same 20 guys pay $1000 a year for racing up front, it's paid for in less than 10 years. If a trustee ever needs leave, they will be replaced legally. The club itself will be listed as a Non-profit and get the required liability insurance. I'm also going to post this on the Chicagoland Tracks Thread.
I am still reading and wondering if it is viable and how it could be done. I am not trying to be harsh but we would need to have an exit plan as well if things don't work out.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
I am still reading and wondering if it is viable and how it could be done. I am not trying to be harsh but we would need to have an exit plan as well if things don't work out.
Incorporation as a nonprofit leaves board members (trustees) safe from personal collections should the club fail. I've done a little homework.

How to incorporate: https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/how-to-start-wisconsin-nonprofit-organization.html

limited liability:
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/board-members-nonprofit-debt-2501878

Old 05-21-2019, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

think there is any chance we could get space in the old westgate mall??
Old 05-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Erik said they talked to them early in the year and was told they are not interested.

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
think there is any chance we could get space in the old westgate mall??
Old 05-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Erik said they talked to them early in the year and was told they are not interested.
well that is silly...i wonder if now that tj max is gone they would change their tune?
Old 05-24-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'm close by I can stop by to check. I wonder if we will have enough racers to pay rent. Towards the end there even the offroad program was down in numbers.

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
well that is silly...i wonder if now that tj max is gone they would change their tune?
Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lady at Westgate told me they had nothing available due to flooding. I got the impression they are just not interested in filling any space, temporary or not. I think the plan is to tear it down and put something else there but they couldn't do that yet due to contracts with the last remaining tenants. Just a theory. Never hurts to go ask again.
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Looks like Tracks Hobbies is working on finishing the 1/10th offroad track.

Its not indoor onroad/offroad but at least it is something.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

On a daily basis, I drive by what was Marshall Erdman's in Waunakee... sometimes the lights are on... a HUGE indoor space with concrete floors and decent lighting. Empty as can be.

No idea if it's viable or not, but something I've thought of over the past year.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:48 AM
Administrator

i wonder if there is space in the old oscar mayer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.