Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joelt
Uuuuyyy OK ito!!!! Magagamit ko na rin sa wakas yung ONLY ONE IN THE PHILIPPINES (na lang) na BRAND NEW (kasi nde pa dati binigay) na FANTOM CHAMELEON 2 19turn ni TAGA!!!!
behehehehe..nd naman kc nagpaparace c mang ng 19turn e...ngaun lang ata kc isang kahon ung 19turn motors nya sa shop n kailangang ibenta heheheh
Old 09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Rear Motor JRXS?
Originally Posted by Sokool
Well this past weekend at the 2005 Roar Nat's warm up Billy Easton was testing what looked like a JRX4 with the normal JRXS suspension on it. The only difference was there were exstentions on the front and rear hubs to bring the roll center way up for what reason I dont know but it looked like it was working fine, he was sure ripping around the track...

Unlike the JRX4 this new prototype actualy had bottom load batteries like the JRXS. He also had the batteries wired so that both the positive and negative leads were next to each other. Only way to get them to clear the top deck I guess. Also the shock towers looked like the JRXS ones but with, how do you say, alot more options...

From what little I got to talk to him about it they are just testing it and are no new plans to produce it yet. But as you know you never tell untill it actualy is released, So who knows. He wouldn't let anyone snap pictures of it or else trust me I would have allready posted a half a dozen by now.

While doing a little research I found this little article the picture they have is of the JRX4 but you get the idea. http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=652

Just a lucky shot my buddy took of the first turn crash in the main. Note the batteries are further forward and the motor is in the back...

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge from RCzone.net
Whether Billy's test car used at the Nationals Warm-Up feature any further modifications to the basic JRX-S is not known, but Losi's Todd Hodge informed that "This is just something we are testing. The car has the motor in the back and the batteries in the front. If we do make this, we are not sure yet, there will be a conversion kit and your current car will not be obsolete. This car uses all the same suspension, diffs, shock towers, arms, shocks, etc". Further details will more than likely appear sooner or later. It remains to be seen if Team Losi will use this car at the upcoming races or not.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

race this saturday MIGHT be postponed
subject to

http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/wb/track.gif

will announce thursday evening of friday morning....
Old 09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitshop
race this saturday MIGHT be postponed
subject to

http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/wb/track.gif

will announce thursday evening of friday morning....

time to start praying again to Sta. Clara !
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joelt
Paki sabi kay Cholo na tenks duon sa pasigarilyo nya sa amin, nung dumaan sya ng tracks. Tamang-tama kasi eh, at nauubusan na kami ng stock nun ni KUPZ.

Sir joel no prob buti nalang nagdala si Jayps sa fort, Thank you also again for adjusting the much more settings

Mga Sirs, need advice and tips on how to take care of batteries, after run, safe keep etc,. para tumagal and para pag nag mod na tatagal pa siya hehe
Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

FBJ: hey! thats my car!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by highwayman
time to start praying again to Sta. Clara !
Hindi yan uulan!!!!! I predict PITSHOP BOSS announcing that the race will push through this Sat!!!! . . . . Maglalaro ka na ulit eh.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
FBJ: hey! thats my car!
Sabi ni Barney and the Backyard Gang, share daw tayo
Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shims
Sir joel no prob buti nalang nagdala si Jayps sa fort, Thank you also again for adjusting the much more settings

Mga Sirs, need advice and tips on how to take care of batteries, after run, safe keep etc,. para tumagal and para pag nag mod na tatagal pa siya hehe

Alang problema sir. As for proper maintenance of your batts, the most important things to remember are:
- Never run your packs up to the point that the car stops already. Kapag naramdaman mo ng malapit ng maubos yung laman ng pack mo, iparada mo na sya.
- Store them with some charge left in them. Bringing them down to 5.4 volts with an equalizing tray is enough if you plan to use them again within a week or two. If you do not plan not to use them for a longer period of time, put in about a third, all the way up to full. I leave my batteries fully charged kapag hindi ako makakalaro for more than a month.
- Never overheat your batteries while charging. Make use of the temp probe of your much more charger. Very sensitive to heat ang GP3700 and IB3800.
- If possible, use your packs only once a day. This last point is unfounded, although I do have a couple of Promatch 3300s and one Fukuyama pack that still takes in about 3600 despite my getting them June last year.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mr. Shims: not to dispute what jt said coz they're good tips indeed for battery care. however, i'd like to further qualify the last point - it's ok to run your packs more than once a day on at big races. as long as you ensure they cool down completely (at least 1.5 hours of rest after a run) you can run them more than once a day. but note, it has to be completely cooled down. the minimum 1.5 hour reco (depending on weather, two hours if it's a hot day) is to ensure there is "deep cooling". a pack may feel cool to the touch already on the outside but deep in the cells there may still be some heat.

i say at big races coz you will really feel the performance gain during your pack's 2nd charge. they'll be less flat/pack more punch. but for practice days, it would still be best to just run them once a day so you dont ware out your packs that fast.

fbj: shet, i want to kill barney! i wish that was my car though!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Default Brain Teaser

OIL IS GRAY
Re-arrange the phrase to make one word.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shims

For the best performance out of your CS Zapped / loose IB cells this is what we recommend:

To help maintain consistence through out the batteries life keep a small amount of charge in the pack. Do this by discharging the battery down to .9 per cell after a run. It doesn’t matter what method you use to discharge the battery, a tray type discharger or a GFX will work fine. After the pack has cooled and rested put 500 seconds of charge back into the pack. Charging for stock and 19 turn racing: 3Mv per cell at a 6 amp linear charge

For Max runtime:
Store your IB batteries with 500 seconds of charge at all times. Prior to use discharge the battery in a tray down to .9v per cell…. Charge at 5amp linear with a 3Mv per cell peak detect…. This will yield a pack with maximum runtime for modified racing…
Old 09-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FBJ: what's the difference/effect in putting back 500 sec of charge compared to leaving the batts after a 5 min run w/o discharging until the next run?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tatalope
FBJ: what's the difference/effect in putting back 500 sec of charge compared to leaving the batts after a 5 min run w/o discharging until the next run?
If you leave your batts alone after a run, you are not sure if it still has 500sec worth of charge in it, unlike if you discharge to 5.4, tray to .9, rest, cooldown then charge 500sec. It's better to know that you know that you know how to maintain your batts parang pag papa parlor lang yan monthly, shampoo (discharge to 5.4V), haircut (tray down to .9 per cell), rinse (cooldown), then hot oil (500 sec charge)
Old 09-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ayos! gandang ricky reyes na ang batts nyo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.