Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

i only asked because i read from a forum someone posting a blend he/she used...
Old 01-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

SW

You will not go anywhere by asking and asking. Sundin mo sila..punta ka sa racetrak at manood ka sa mga nagprapraktis not necessary during race pag weekends para maka decide ka. pwede ka namin tulungan sa traks pag nandun ka.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC

wat brands of 1/10 touring car is ok buy,, ung maganda ang performance and matibay
Old 01-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: RC

Originally posted by mench
wat brands of 1/10 touring car is ok buy,, ung maganda ang performance and matibay
tamiya! ta04 or 414
Xray! T2
losi! XXX-s
atlas! ym-34si

any suggestion mga kuya!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

sw: i just would like to comment, and at the same time give you advice so you won't have to spend an arm and a leg in this hobby. for one thing, it pays to get the good stuff (medyo expensive). because they last long, and they give you what you really need. i went through alot of kits before i found one suitable for me. i went through a tamiya tb evo, ta04r, corraly c4.1, hpi pro 3, and an atlas ym 34t. now, i ended up with a losi xxx-s g plus. to tell you the truth, this may be the last car i'm getting caus it's super tough, and super fast!! as for the charger, i'm using a reedy quasar pro. i love this charger!! a little steep, but very worth it. as of now, my investments are more on batteries and tires. bottom line is, it pays to get a kit that's a little on the high end like the losi r any car like it caus you save a ton of money buying hop ups and accessories. my car is basically box stock!! the only thing i changed were the springs. which were 150 bucks a pair. in this hobby, my biggest investment are tires and batterries. all in all, it's all up to you. you don't need the best... because your driving will make you the best!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kidlat
SW

You will not go anywhere by asking and asking. Sundin mo sila..punta ka sa racetrak at manood ka sa mga nagprapraktis not necessary during race pag weekends para maka decide ka. pwede ka namin tulungan sa traks pag nandun ka.
I agree para lahat ng tanong mo masagot. kasi wala mangyayari kung puro tanong kalang.

try mo rin bisitahin QCRCCC Off road track sa Quezon Memorial Circle. Para sigurado may makausap ka Sunday morning ka magpunta madami naglalaro dun.

Regards.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Arrow FUEL

Originally posted by Screaming Wind
is it possible to blend/make your own nitro fuel so you don't have to buy?
does anybody do this?
does anyone have instructions on how to do this?
is it cheaper than buying those branded fuel?
IT IS POSSIBLE TO BLEND YOUR OWN FUEL AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE REGARDING CHEMICALS (CHEM.ENG) BUT FOR A NEWBIE LIKE YOURSELF IT IS HAZARDOUS, DANGEROUS AND TIME CONSUMING. BETTER BUY THOSE BRANDED FUEL AND JUST PICK THE NITRO PERCENTAGE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RUN YOUR ENGINE......
Old 01-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally posted by Screaming Wind
is it possible to blend/make your own nitro fuel so you don't have to buy?
does anybody do this?
does anyone have instructions on how to do this?
is it cheaper than buying those branded fuel?
try this link ...

http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/mixing_fuel.htm

its for model planes, but i think it may work in rc cars/trucks
Old 01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Homebrew

Unless you can purchase your own nitromethane, it will be very difficult to brew your own fuel. Nitromethane is not commercially available since it is being used in the manufacture of explosives. What you can do is to dilute an existing mixture.

What we used to do to save fuel for airplanes and helicopters are as follows:

1. Buy 1 gallon 30% fuel
2. Buy 2 gallons of methanol
3. Buy 2 liters of castor oil (1 liter will do though)
methanol and castor oil can be bought at Allison
(not sure about spelling), at araneta avenue

Mix all of the above and you have 3 1/2 gallons of fuel.

This mixture works with helis and airplane. . . . hope it works on cars.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Homebrew

Originally posted by Min101
Unless you can purchase your own nitromethane, it will be very difficult to brew your own fuel. Nitromethane is not commercially available since it is being used in the manufacture of explosives. What you can do is to dilute an existing mixture.

What we used to do to save fuel for airplanes and helicopters are as follows:

1. Buy 1 gallon 30% fuel
2. Buy 2 gallons of methanol
3. Buy 2 liters of castor oil (1 liter will do though)
methanol and castor oil can be bought at Allison
(not sure about spelling), at araneta avenue

Mix all of the above and you have 3 1/2 gallons of fuel.

This mixture works with helis and airplane. . . . hope it works on cars.
how much nitro % will end up after mixing everything?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Cool Re: RC

Originally posted by mench

YUP!!!!! agree ako kay babytoy101 idea.......
Old 01-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Newbie

Originally posted by dyopps
Hello!

Baguhan din lang ako sa R/C and I bought a second hand RC10GT. Gas yun. Kasi medyo namamahalan me sa electric coz you have to buy motor... batts... charger... esc... at kung ano ano pa. Sa tingin ko pag electric kasi you have to change batts kapag medyo mahina na sya unlike engines... maintain mo lang and magamit mo na sya ng matagal tagal.

I agree that there's really nothing better than building your first kit. But for me I decided to buy a second hand and I got it for less than 5K (running condition na) and a second hand radio na rin (di ba neptunes ) para at least may mapag praktisan muna and to get to know all the stuffs needed. Naisip ko kasi na kpag bibili me ng bago tapos mababanga and masisira ko rin lang during praktis e bka ngumawa lang me ng sobra. Biruin mo pinaghirapan mong buuin tpos masisira agad... Tulad nung una kong pinatakbo yung R/C ko nabangga ko kaagad at full speed... ayun di ko pa rin magamit uli ngayon kasi naghihintay pa me ng inorder kong parts.. hehehe at least di ganun kabigat sa loob..

Pards ung mga items n yon may ktpat din sa nitro mo...
Motor Syempre kailang yon para takbo RC mo. Kailangan mo ng engine db pra takbo RC mo?
Battery Syempre kailang mo rin yan para s electronics ng kit mo pti s radio mo db???
Charger.. Syempre kailangan mo to kc d nmn pwede lgi k mkki-charge sa mga tropa mo or hihiramin mo lgi just to charge up your batts d b??
Kailangan mo tlga ng chrger para anytime mag low bat ung mga batts mo you can charge it anytime pra convenient sa yo at d k lgi manghihiram s mga atropa mo d b??
Esc.. Syempre kailang mo tlga yan pra ma-control mo ung RC itself in your own way db..
Changing of batts when its weak... Syempre its a must n plitan mo kung gusto mo uli patakbuhin after certain time of rest ng motor mo.. Eh db s nitro kailangan din ng rest ng engine mo?? otherwise OVERHEAT ang mangyayari s engine mo d b??
Worst come to worst ccrain p ng overheat ung nitro engine mo lalo n pag d mo nmlyan it lapse sa regular run time n engine b??

Bottom line is dpende tlga sa gus2 mo kung ano ang bbilhin mo or kung saan k mag sstay ng kit regardless, weather its a nitro or electric RC....

H A P P Y R A C I NG E V E R Y O N E ! ! ! ! !
Old 01-26-2004, 03:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Newbie

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
[B]

Bottom line is dpende tlga sa gus2 mo kung ano ang bbilhin mo or kung saan k mag sstay ng kit regardless, weather its a nitro or electric RC....
:
Correct ka dyan bosing!

By the way... tanong din lang po.... Kailaingan pa ba na bumili ako ng mga R/C branded tools for my RC or kahit yung mga tools lang na nabibili sa hardware shoips....

ano ano po ba and mga tools na ussually ginagamit sa R/C.. more on Nitro R/C like Socket wrenches, allen, etc. etc.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Cool Re: Newbie

Originally posted by dyopps
Correct ka dyan bosing!

By the way... tanong din lang po.... Kailaingan pa ba na bumili ako ng mga R/C branded tools for my RC or kahit yung mga tools lang na nabibili sa hardware shoips....

ano ano po ba and mga tools na ussually ginagamit sa R/C.. more on Nitro R/C like Socket wrenches, allen, etc. etc.

Thanks!
Pards yon lng din kc ang mga gngmit ko eh.....

Guys anyone??!!! suggestion are highly appreciated.......
Old 01-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tagal na sa rc pro la pa rin alam (meron pla kht unti)

pano ba makasali sa team nyo o ano ba dpat meron ang isang team pra masabing team nga cla kailan ba my nagrrace sa park square 1 every weekend ba tlga un ha mga wat tym ngccmula ang race o practice race dun sali nman ako sa team nyo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.