Electric Touring / On-Road RC >

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Like Tree1Likes

Electric Touring / On-Road RC

Old 01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Newbie

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
Pards yon lng din kc ang mga gngmit ko eh.....

Guys anyone??!!! suggestion are highly appreciated.......
use the allen wrenches for r/c and not the L type you find in hardware stores......the THORP (MIP) wrenches are one of the best.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newbie here, too

I'm a newbie, too, and I actually haven't decided whether to go OFF or ON Road.

Off road kasi has the added versatility of playing it anywhere, even if there's no track. Also, driving it SEEMS more forgiving (and slides look spectacular, too).

However, there is something in me that really wants to try on-road, too. I drive in (real life) Rally Cross, and I prefer the Tarmac stages to the Dirt/Gravel stages (I drive a Honda City 1.3).

Also, I met a few guys in Capitolyo race track: Gerry, Joel, Chris... all seemed very friendly, and that's the atmosphere I like.

ANYWAY... to my questions:

I am looking at the XRAY touring car. GIOCAMOTO has been very helpful, and explains a lot of things to me. I like the XRAY over the Associated and the Losi because it looks absolutely GORGEOUS (yes, I know, not the best reason to buy a racecar, but what the heck). Also, in terms of durability, it looks a bit more solidly built (perfect for a beginner like me who'll probably crash).

I haven't decided whether to get the RAYCER or the EVO2. I am more inclined to go the RAYCER route because it is less expensive. And besides, I'm a beginner, so sayang lang ang top-of-the line stuff for my skill level.

Comments on my reasoning?

2nd Question: While the Novak Brushless is more expensive, I like the idea that it is more maintenance free. Also, as a beginner, I heard you can run it more, and consecutively, which is great so I can get "seat-of-the-pants" training (i.e., more practice for a beginner).

I also like the fact that it has a rev-limiting feature (so it will be slower--another plus for a beginner), and yet when the skill level improves, it can be equivalent to a 10-turn motor.

BUT, in case I end up wanting to race, is the Novak Brushless LEGAL? Someone said it may be legal in stock racing (with the limiter function on), but wasn't sure.

Again, I like it because it is more maintenance free (so initial cost is the only negative), and can be run again with less downtime (since I heard motor doesn't get as hot).

--Alf
Old 01-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Newbie here, too

Originally posted by Alfalfameister
Go ON- Road and try Off Road Later!

I drive in (real life) Rally Cross, and I prefer the Tarmac stages to the Dirt/Gravel stages
You can drift too in on road!!!

met a few guys in Capitolyo race track: Gerry, Joel, Chris... all seemed very friendly
Mababait talaga yan-- buti hindi nag palibre ng Pizza!

I am looking at the XRAY touring car. GIOCAMOTO has been very helpful, and explains a lot of things to me. I like the XRAY over the Associated and the Losi because it looks absolutely GORGEOUS (yes, I know, not the best reason to buy a racecar, but what the heck). Also, in terms of durability, it looks a bit more solidly built (perfect for a beginner like me who'll probably crash).
Matibay ang X-RAY ala nasisira and K yan si GIACAMOTO!

I haven't decided whether to get the RAYCER or the EVO2. I am more inclined to go the RAYCER route because it is less expensive. And besides, I'm a beginner, so sayang lang ang top-of-the line stuff for my skill level.
Wrong answer! Later on as your skills improve, you will look for things that are already in the EVO2, so why spend more later, buying this and that when you can just buy the EVO2 and would'nt have to change anything later on!

2nd Question: While the Novak Brushless is more expensive, I like the idea that it is more maintenance free. Also, as a beginner, I heard you can run it more, and consecutively, which is great so I can get "seat-of-the-pants" training (i.e., more practice for a beginner).
Yep good choice!!! Practical

BUT, in case I end up wanting to race, is the Novak Brushless LEGAL? Someone said it may be legal in stock racing (with the limiter function on), but wasn't sure.
I don't thing so for stock, but go MOD and ur OKAy

--Alf
Welcome to the Hobby!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Newbie here, too

Originally posted by Alfalfameister

Off road kasi has the added versatility of playing it anywhere, even if there's no track. Also, driving it SEEMS more forgiving (and slides look spectacular, too).

However, there is something in me that really wants to try on-road, too. I drive in (real life) Rally Cross, and I prefer the Tarmac stages to the Dirt/Gravel stages (I drive a Honda City 1.3).

Also, I met a few guys in Capitolyo race track: Gerry, Joel, Chris... all seemed very friendly, and that's the atmosphere I like.

I also like the fact that it has a rev-limiting feature (so it will be slower--another plus for a beginner), and yet when the skill level improves, it can be equivalent to a 10-turn motor.

Again, I like it because it is more maintenance free (so initial cost is the only negative), and can be run again with less downtime (since I heard motor doesn't get as hot).

--Alf
first.......decide on road off road?
then...electric or nitro......
then go to the specifics....equipment, tools, setups, etc.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I haven't really decided (off or on road -- I still have to watch Emer and the gang at QCRCCC), but am pretty much decided on electric.

Assuming on-road, would the Raycer be a better fit for a beginner than the full blown EVO 2 of XRAY?

Comments on the Brushless motors (see my concerns in post above)? Legal in racing or not?

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

--Alf

[EDIT] My questions were answered pala by Lem2; I didn't notice at once because I thought he just re-quoted my post. Thanks for your opinions, Lem!

Anyone else with their opinions?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Felloweship of the newbies

Dear Fellow newbies,

please click link below. Maybe this would be of some help.

http://www.gettingstartedinrc.com/cars/index.asp

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default try ATLAS

dude try atlas too,,matibay din ,,,
Old 01-27-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Newbie here, too

Originally posted by TambokGT
like what TambokGT said, streamline your preferences first. you will really get confuse from so many inputs that you will get.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

TO SCREAMING WIND,

Welcome to the wonderful world of rc.....

Just want you to know meron din tracks part ng batangas and laguna. our is in padre garcia, ung highway goin to BRC and there also 1 in sta cruz laguna. hope to see you in races.

Last edited by mossberg590; 01-28-2004 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Cool Re: Re: Newbie here, too

Originally posted by TambokGT

YUP!!!!! agree ako dyan sa suggestion ni tambokGT!!!!

That will be your quick reference guide towards your DREAM RC !!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

ATTN: mossberg590

Originally posted by mossberg590
TO SCREAMING WIND,

Welcome to the wonderful world of rc.....

Just want you to know meron din tracks part ng batangas and laguna. our is in padre garcia, ung highway goin to BRC and there also 1 in sta cruz laguna. hope to see you in races.

Pards tanong ko lng yung bang BRC n snsbi mo d2 ung Bastangas Racing Circuit??!! ung nasa batangas city n mismo???

Ung sa sta.cruz nmn un b ung s uogong??
May entrnce b don pag nagpractice k both in BRC at s Uogong??
Old 01-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation Re: try ATLAS

Originally posted by mench
dude try atlas too,,matibay din ,,,

Pards d ko p yata nkta ugn ATLAS n yon??!! send mo nmn sample pictures pati specs???

D b mahiarap ang parts nyan???
Old 01-28-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Nagpunta ako The Fort kanina. I asked the guard kung may RC place, wla daw.
Eto yung The Fort na may maraming kainan right? may Go Nut Donut?

Where is the track sa The Fort?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Arrow speedzone

hindi dun..sa may pier1 ata yun go nuts donuts na yun e.. sa may MC HOME depot katabi lang nun yun may mga flags dun yun race track.... malapit sa pricemart actually magkatabi lang yun pricemart and MCHome depot.

...since nakita mo na rin yun go nuts donuts..bili ka ng crispy donut ang sarap daw e
Old 01-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ATLAS

ndi mahirap ung parts,, tsaka matibay tlga,, newbie din ako,, nakaka ilang crash ako sa isang arw pero buo parin,, 2 palang ung nalalaman kong model nya,, type si,, pati type t,,, ung type t,, ok gamitn,, ung si ok din kaso alang bat strap.. hop up na,, violet ung mga aluminum parts nya,, ala p kasi ako pics ngaun eh,, upload ko kung meron na,, sarap mag r-c

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.