Like Tree1Likes

RC FLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lazy-b
This Happen this Morning only.

Upon Checking on the Detroit International Airport and have passed the X-ray. The Security officer have found my Canon Video Camera has an Odd looking Battery Pack, Its an Old Battery, so I have added additoinal my own Battery Pack to its original Battery Pack. I just make my own Battery pack from an Old Cellphone and wrap it in a Masking Tape with a 2 wire protruding and connected to the Original Battery Pack.......its a Home-made Battery pack attached using a double adhesive to an Original Canon Battery Pack.

if you look at my Battery pack, a Regular Non-Techinal person would really think its a Home-Made Bomb., Then the Security person ask me what is this, then I explain it, my original Battery pack is defective so I have to improvise my own battery. Then the Security Person have called his supervisor and show it to him, then he call another his superior......after that, I guess more than 8 security person have surrounded me.......they start questioning me......asking my passport.......eventually they confiscated my Battery pack only......my flight to New York is 10:05am, they let us board on at 10:00am......upon Boarded the plane and is about to leave, I already seated inside the plane.....after a few minutes, a security person have approach us again, saying for the Security reason, the Captain of the Plane do not want us to Board the Plane. So I have to leave again ,they have to Pull-out our Luggage.......The Plane just take-off....... I have to wait in the airport for 4 Hours, to catch another flight to New York.

Guys, DO NOT Bring your Lithium Battery Pack on board the Plane, better have it Check-in with your Luggage.

Lazy-b

I guess what really caused your problem was your modified battery contraption (wiring sticking out) I have hand carried on board the plane my TX with batt. installed (NiCd/Lipo) and have not caused any problems so far going through security check. To think about it, battery operated Rc toys are even sold at the duty free shops at the airport before the boarding gates. In another instance, digital camera's, cell phones, laptop, etc also have Lithium batts. but not restricted on board.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lazyb - strict talaga mga airport sa US, na chambahan yang videocam mo lalo na may mg wire pa nakalabas at home-made. They can really think it's a homemade bomb disguised as a videocam. Ganyan talaga sa hindi alam yung mga technology ng batteries, tama si louieb, e kung mga laptop at cellphone powered din by lithium packs pinapayagan nila on-board. Better to check it in na lang next time to be sure. Pag check-in wala silang masyadong paki alam sa laman. We're excited to see your new full-scale toy…video ha!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lazy B,

Ganun talaga ang Homeland Security, when they suspect anything they take it very seriously. LIke what Louie B mentioned, its the 2 wires sticking out that made them paranoid. Cant blame them because of so many lives and properties lost.

Heres a bonus the consequence lang is that you are now in their database as a suspect na so expect future trips to the US or even just from state to state flights to be very un-entertaining. You are now even tracked as we speak. It may also be a future hassle for your bringing home of a real heli back here.

Just in case. they might think otherwise when they view you at the Youtube videos you made see you as a legitimate RC modeller.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lazy B,

mas magaang papala nangyari sa akin sa HK... nung bago umuwi sa pinas pinabili ako ng WA magazine sa mangkok kasama ilang rc parts battery, wires para sa motor atbp. next day pauwi na kami, sa airport e di xray na ng mga gamit, nakita sa x-tray yung battery at wires magkakasma sa isang boy sa xray ng pinakita sa akin eh mukhang bomba.. pinatangal nakita IB batterys, motors wires, motor tools at ang BB magazine... di nila pinansin yung rc stuff kundi yung magazine...

na hold kasama mga HK Police 1 hr questioning, aba gaganda ng nga baril nila pang CQB!!! hehehehe... buti na lang maaga kami nag check-in .... na paranoid yung x-ray operator... dumating yung isa pang security at mukhang kabisado yung dalang ko BB magazine isa lang tanong nya" where did you buy this, where you play??" sabi ko i bought this Mangkok, i play in Manila Philippines!

tapos nag chinese lahat sila... di ko alam kung kukulong na ako... hehehe! wow chinese food everyday sa bilibid...

tapos dumating yung babae x-ray operator pinaliwanag nya sa akin na hindi ko puede dalahin yung magazine.... papadala na lang daw sa airline in the next plane papuntang manila tapos dun ko na lang claim.

hehehe... pinag-pawisan din ako wata experience....
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Guys: Have passed so many International Airport such as Narita, Meniapolis, Rapid City and the last part is Detroit.......Most of the other Security Personel is a Gentleman......its was only this last part it was a Black Lady Security personnel, I guess, it was her first time to look at my Odds looking battery pack........anyway, I don't blame them, they are just doing their job.

One of the Security guy tell us that FBI will contact us......and One of the other security guy tell my sister NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT.......I plan to video the whole incident, but decided not to, it might make the incident get worst.......One guy even ask me, if I intentionally do this to attact attention. I just tell them "No"

Well I guess, its my mistake, I never though about that "Odd Looking Battery Pack".......I remember, Mr.TETU SANTOS have also Warn me about this Odd looking Battery pack.

Guys: do you know a Photo editor where I can download, got lots of Photo here, I can not upload due to its High Resolution, I can not find any Photo editor here that can Down grade its resolution.......I guess ACDC would be good........did not bring any software here.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Lazy B,

I guess tyempuhan din as when I went back from my recent trip to HK
di naman napansin yung 15 pcs na Lipoly packs thats been distributed to 4 of my family's luggage.
They reminded me however to remove the battery pack that was included in the V4 Lama for Arsemar.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Photo Editor

Guys: do you know a Photo editor where I can download, got lots of Photo here, I can not upload due to its High Resolution, I can not find any Photo editor here that can Down grade its resolution.......I guess ACDC would be good........did not bring any software here.
Hi, LazyB...
Check out Picassa, if it would meed your needs.. http://picasa.google.com/ ... it's free from google
Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Airport Security

I guess we should not be at all be surprised with the actions and over-reactions of airport security.
And, I doubt it if airport security will ever go away in the near future. It may "loosen a bit," when the threat of terrorism is less imminent.

Look at Ben Gurion (Tel Aviv)... it's airport security has always been very tight; and, there are air marshalls in some (if not all) El Al flights to/from Israel... because of the situation the country is in. But, the Israelis just grit their teeth and move on with their lives with this security... for it guarantees their safety.

Just be a little careful with your carry-on luggage; and, even your checked-in ones.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default .

hmmm... I bring in lipos hand carry all time for months now... always lucky I guess.

best deal for Trex SE v2 right here. grab one now

http://www1.rcphilippines.com/forum/...p?topic=611.30
Old 07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brading
Lazy B,

I guess tyempuhan din as when I went back from my recent trip to HK
di naman napansin yung 15 pcs na Lipoly packs thats been distributed to 4 of my family's luggage.
They reminded me however to remove the battery pack that was included in the V4 Lama for Arsemar.
Brading - Pwede ba sir para hindi makita yung mga lipo sa luggage eh itali mo na lang ng 18awg wires tapos i-duct tape mo sa katawan ng hiwa hiwalay?...bad joke Lesh fly!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Slejer,

Sabay sigaw ka ng FOR ALLAH!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by brading
Slejer,

Sabay sigaw ka ng FOR ALLAH!
Brading
Did you ever fly at Bacolod or Cebu? If so, did you buy your fuel at these venues or did you bring some over from Manila?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Guys: Have passed so many International Airport such as Narita, Meniapolis, Rapid City and the last part is Detroit.......Most of the other Security Personel is a Gentleman......its was only this last part it was a Black Lady Security personnel, I guess, it was her first time to look at my Odds looking battery pack........anyway, I don't blame them, they are just doing their job.

One of the Security guy tell us that FBI will contact us......and One of the other security guy tell my sister NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT.......I plan to video the whole incident, but decided not to, it might make the incident get worst.......One guy even ask me, if I intentionally do this to attact attention. I just tell them "No"

Well I guess, its my mistake, I never though about that "Odd Looking Battery Pack".......I remember, Mr.TETU SANTOS have also Warn me about this Odd looking Battery pack.

ellion,
use filezilla, then upload mo sa server ko if you want,. pahiramin kita ng 20GB FTP space, then burn ko sa DVD, pm if ok sa iyo
Old 07-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Lazy_B: OKs lang yan, charge to experience. Buti naka-lusot ka eh plano mo na man talaga maka-kuha attention hehe Joke lang As of the moment we're being monitored kasi tine-trace nila yang internet connection mo kung saan ang surfing activities mo haha. Di bale, wala ka pa naman sa mga dyaryo dito sa Pinas Ingat na lang and sana mag-uwi ka din ng R/C hindi lang full-scale See you in Manila sir.

babytoy: so nakuha mo yung magazine? Di ka naman na-harang sa customs dito? My cousin tried ordering via internet mga BB magz for a airsoft Glock 19 na-harang eh kahit toys lang mukhang totoo kasi. buti ganun lang, kakatakot hehe.

a0: mas lenient yata sila kapag officers/capt. ng plane kaya OK lang yan musta na?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Lazy B, can't blame the Americans for their "overkill". What's distasteful is what if this happened to a white guy?? German, British, etc.? Surely, iba treatment nila sa kapwa puti. The bad feeling alos is that markado ka pa next time you try entering the U.S.

Toothicure, I recall visiting that aviation museum of the PAF nun maliit pa si JR. Maliit lang yun lugar pero maganda yun display ng aircraft outside the museum like the P-51, F-86, F-5 and F-8 to name a few. Sana naman mamaintain ng maayos and sana there are future plans to build a larger museum to house those PAF aircraft which are left to rot in the elements outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.