Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC BOAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC Sailing Locations

Hi guys, I came across this thread and was wondering if anyone knows any location that allows rc boat sailing here in the Philippines? There used to be one in Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna but I just called and they said they no longer allow Thanks in advance
Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Ian A H, we have started a small group of weekend rc boat enthusiast a few months ago and we are running our EP models at the Parks and Wildlife in Quezon City where only electric models are allowed. You may come on a morning of Sunday since this is our normal meet up. There are 4 of us at the moment but it seems like more individuals are getting interested in the hobby everytime we run our craft so hopefully we can have more boaters and a regular gathering in the near future to make it more fun...
Old 07-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Checkpoint, thanks for the info. I will definitely come and join you one sunday, but not sure if I am free this sunday. What time do you meet? I will be happy to buy an electric boat if you can advise which is the best hobby shop to go to. Is anyone still interest in sailing boats? The Dragonforce65 and the Dragon Flite 95 are both really good one design racing classes

Rgds
Ian
Old 07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Ian, we normally meet on at 7am till noon most often on sundays. The only local hobby shop I know who has at times rc boats is LowDog in Ortigas Pasig and Lil's Hobby Shop also in Kapitolyo Pasig area. At the moment they only have an outrigger and a Tunnel hull. This is why we get our stuff from HobbyKing HongKong and at time at Off-Shore Electrics from USA.
There're also 2 units 650mm Dragon Shark Mono2 V-Hulls at 168 Hobby in Divisoria, Manila which they sell at 13k RTR and a MicroCat like mine. Not sure if you would like their size though but its quite a descent boat to consider. Would be best to get it on line from UK if you have the chance to do so though could be more costly due to duties and shipping cost.
I will be at the Parks and Wildlife tomorrow with my friend Edwin, so feel free to drop by anytime you are free in the morning. My mobile# is 0917-899-3128 if you also need to check if we are present in the venue on other days to come... a simple text message will be fine. All the best and hope to see you soonest!
Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Checkpoint, I have spoken with Edwin and understand that you might be meeting at the lake this coming Saturday morning. I'll be there

Rgds
Ian
Old 08-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Electric RC boats

Boats at Nino Aquino Park
Attached Thumbnails RC BOAT-sam_3852.jpg   RC BOAT-sam_3829.jpg   RC BOAT-sam_3845.jpg   RC BOAT-20160730_091043.jpg  
Old 09-01-2016, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by miguelverzo
Here's a hull that will probably fit the bill nicely, this is our newest hull and it's a 53" long deep v offshore hull, it will easily accomodate most of the surplus grass cutters around of up to 35cc,

You can probably power it with a lead acid motorcycle battery and maybe put in two surplus 12v car fan motors, the posibilities are endless because this thing is HUGE!!!

A friend of mine will be running this hull soon with a zenoah 25cc gas engine
ill keep you guys updated on this one
the hull sells for 4k including the radio box, this comes in gelcoated fiberglass white (no painting needed)
sir san kau pwd macontact gusto ko mag karoon ng rc boat na ganito na pinost nyo
Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

mga sir sinu po ba ang may kakilala dyn na gumagawa ng hull para sa gas powered boat
Old 02-28-2017, 04:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default High Hopes from a newbie..

good day everyone. bago lang po ako sa forum and i'm very glad i found this one. im wellard from bicol but presently in zamboanga. i joined this forum because i'm planning to build a medium size RC boat. gusto ko po sana magpa tulong at humingi ng advice sa mga naka subok na. i'm a complete newbie with regards to RC but i'm sure with the help from you guys, i can accomplish this.
the boat that i will be building will be an FPV boat. i'm thinking of a catamaran type hull. i have locals here who are skilled boat makers but hindi nila alam kung ano ang appropriate na dimensions pag maliit na. i also have problems with the components to be used like motors, rudders and propeller since i'm a complete newbie. hope i can solicit help and suggestions from the members here. all suggestions are welcome and will be gladly appreciated.
thank you, sirs!
Old 05-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi pinoy RC boaters!

i am interested in joining you fleet sa wildlife park, but im more of a sub driver than a surface ship driver.

wla lang akong mahanap na watertight compartment for my 1:144 scale SSN-21 Seawolf.

I also have academy's 1:150 scale Type IX U-boat
Old 05-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

Would just want to ask, saan na po kayo tumatambay and tuwing kelan? Planning to buy Feilun FT0009.

Thanks and hope to meet you all soon!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther_ausf_G
Hi pinoy RC boaters!

i am interested in joining you fleet sa wildlife park, but im more of a sub driver than a surface ship driver.

wla lang akong mahanap na watertight compartment for my 1:144 scale SSN-21 Seawolf.

I also have academy's 1:150 scale Type IX U-boat
Panther_ausf_G

You could make your own using Neltex 2 inch PVC pipe. Check out this build thread;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?t=2170648?

This is how he made the endcaps,

"Not having a lathe I had to find another method for producing the end caps.The way I made them was to cut two circular pieces from 5 mm or thicker sheet plastic.One piece was the outside diameter and the other the inside diameter of the drainage pipe.The two pieces were then glued together to produce one end cap. The seals were placed on each end cap and sealed against the end of the pipe.End caps were held in place by two threaded rods passing through the length of the pipe and end caps and tightened up.The two rods then serv as a platform to mount your radio gear.
The plastic I used was a cheap cutting board from the local supermarket."

Last edited by coast; 05-23-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

🙈🙉🙊

Last edited by coast; 05-23-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default RC conversion guide for Academy Uboat

Last edited by coast; 05-26-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome looking uboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.