Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC in Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

there is a chance...
if u compare the racer kit to the ta04r...jus a slim chance...not much anyway...

my friend in brisbane told mi that RC in aust is much more xpensive when compare to s'pore n m'sia...but with the land they have there,i guess they have no lack of running space...
Old 07-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

aussie and sgd is abt de same rate rite???/

well from what i gathered.... they were selling 414m in s'pore initially @ SGD800 while recently..... price seems 2 deep a little......n the 414mII is relatively cheaper than the m........

heard de price in kl is even better...ab RM2K++... tat's abt 900++ aus!!!
Old 07-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

the 414m2 price that u mention is actually oni slightly higher than the price that we can get it in s'pore...

but wat set is tat?...is it the red box or black box 414m2???...the WC replica kit is coming out soon also...

let's c...
for tc3,there's 3 different kit actually,the racer kit, team kit and the top-line factory kit...depending on which kit u r comparing it 2,of course the price would b different...

comsidering the specs of the ta04r,i think u should use the factory kit or team kit,then the specs would b around the same...also the price would b higher than the 04r then...
Old 07-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

the 414mII i saw was on a red box
Old 07-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

then it's the 414m2 kit oni...the black box is the memorial version with tools inside and the WC replica,well,wat 2 say abt tat kit,go to www.tamiya.com 2 take a look n u will know...
Old 07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

gabe - have you raced at other sydney tracks?
like moorebank@liverpool, location of the 2001 worlds? track looks really beautiful on the web.

or .. castlehill speedway? heard tt it is very popular with electric racers.

btw, i saw the st ive's off-road track when i was in sydney last yr. looks really cool ...

on general, i've found the aussie 1/8 gas car prices (e.g. serpent vector, kyosho mp7.5, mugen mbx ..) to be around 20-30% more expensive than singapore. even the .21 engines in australia are more more expensive.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

wyl03:
which part of s'pore r u at?...i'm working in s'pore also,at comcentre near somerset mrt station...
Old 07-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a team tc3 and its very good. almost zero freeplay in the suspension parts, very rigid chasis, strong parts, strong gears, all hex screws, cvds, blue alu shocks.... been using this for a long time and the only parts I broke so far are the front hingepin holder and bend the hingepin. I hit a pole at almost full speed with the brushless motor.... Prices of parts are comparable to all other brand but comparatively cheaper than yokomo.

With TC3, there is no need to worry about the belt or stones entering the drive. That reminds me that I havent greased my gears in a long time...
Old 07-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

i know the tc3 is a gd car,jus tat lack of spare parts in JB n s'pore so quite difficult 2 repair...

**sigh**
seems tat in s'pore or JB,tamiya is the way 2 go...
Old 07-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Tech Prophet

wyl03,

Didn't know somebody would have taken a photo from behind What camera are you using? A little bit pixellated.

That picture was taken last week Saturday, early in the afternoon if I'm correct. Not many people there yet. That Sunday it rained

Anyway, NTC3s are quite popular here. They are fast alright. If you don't nudge it on the side wall, then it's OK. Let's just say it's more fragile than the rest. You'll find yourself going to the shop for spares more frequently.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

initialD - u are correct, i was there on sat. with my mom, fiancee, brother in tow .. hah .. u may have noticed us busybodies. yes, pic somewhat pixalleted. i have the original pic, file size is too big. can mail it to u if needed, think it's > 500KB.

ijnek - we may have met before. i was just at comcentre for mtg, this AM. i'm attached to the pegasus project, in STA.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

u with STA!!!???...

i am at comcentre-3rd,with the ATM/FR gsdt team...pegasus u do 1 izzit?...tat program not gd leh...hehee...ok lah,i dun use it tat often...
Old 07-15-2002, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hi guys

Sorry i havent been on for a while..
Yeah i have raced in Moorebank and also at Castlehill. Yeah the moorebank track is very good. very long.. But normally its really a nitro club but once a mth theres an electric day as well, si that what i go in. Very good facilities and anthony one of the race directors does a very good job.. even sometimes when his only by himself to run the whole show.
Castle hill ive raced onece there . But u just have to wait for so long for your class.. cause theres so many classes and ppl there. And its only 3 races and it goes for like 6 hrs. and from where i live in Maroubra its not that worth it.

My home club which i support and like is NRCCRCC at Forestville. Pretty much a friendly supportive atmosphere with a great race director called Tony as well. They 3 heats and 3 finals.. So really a good days worth of racing.

BTW ijnek thanks for visiting the NRCCRCC site and registering on the forum.. Feel free to post anything u like

Catcha later guys

gabes
Old 07-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

ijnek - GSDT? under jui koon? hmm .. ST too many pple, dunno everyone.
takes a while to get use to new system .. before u know it, it will just be like FRMS or CSI .. hehe .. (better stop talking about work .. boring!)
GSDT - a lot of chicks, right?;-)

gabe - i reckon you are only racing elec? is your club's track a permanent one? from the looks of the pics on the website, it's a make-shift weekend track? you guys alter the layout often?
Old 07-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

yeah we do and yes i only race electrics.. those pics are really old (over a yr ago).. i was going to update it on the last meet but i didnt have time.. but the track there is not bad at all. yeah we change it quite frequently. We have now a transponder bridge as well. and looks pretty cool.

gabes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.