Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC in Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

ok cool thanks ijnek for all that info..
Old 06-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

if u do intend 2 drop by in s'pore,then u can jus PM mi for the shop 2 go to...or jus read the threads in the Singapore RC Racers forum and you can get quite a lot of info from there...
Old 06-27-2002, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

cool thanks.. is there many tracks or race clubs in Malaysia.. i normally visit kl and klang
Old 06-27-2002, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

still ok...

but in s'pore,there r more 'official' tracks around...
Old 06-28-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

gabe - check out subang speedway. elec race track at subang jaya- between KL and Klang. in my opinion, 1 of the best tracks in m'sia. currently dedicated to electric only.

also check out the RC track in taman tasik titiwangsa (near ampang, KL) .. possibly the longest surviving track in klang valley. just recently renovated. caters to both elec and gas cars.

as for price difference between M'sia and Sgp .. yes, in Sgp it is slightly cheaper.

Will they Aust customs tax you for bringing in a new RC kit? you may want to think about that
Old 06-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks all for the answers.. wyl03 i already have a Ta04s i just wanted to compared the prices so next time i go back there i might want to buy some hop up parts and just wandering if it was cheaper thats why i just asked how much the ta04s just to compare one item to compare the prices if u get what i mean..

Cool the tracks u have mentioned sound awesome.. Do they have a website..??? So i can have a look at the track and so forth..

gabes
Old 06-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

jus drop a msg here when u intend 2 come back and help is virtually available.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

try checking out www.tp-racing.com

hope they still have pics of the subang speedway track.

anyway .. am curious to know how strict the aust customs are bcos i'll be going there later this year and wonder if they'll give me a hard time if i'm carrying a new RC kit. will they buy the "it's only a TOY .. " excuse?
Old 06-30-2002, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

wylo3 if you have value of over 500 aussie dollars it will be taxed..thats new items you have bought from malaysia and you want to bring it into aust.. i think its 500 dollars not too sure anymore.. So hopefully its not more than that.. if it is.. just say its old and its just a toy they will let u off..

The big thing with customs in Aust is not to do really with electronic goods.. But they really clamp things down in food mainly, so you should be ok..

gabes
Old 06-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for the link wylo3 do u know of any websites in Malaysia that do there business on the internet regazrd rc cars.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

gabe,
sorry, apart from tp-racing, i'm not sure of any other website on RC in M'sia. However, there are a couple in singapore that you can check out. i believe RCers in aust have ordered from singapoe before .. again, not sure how the GST works out for these. some websites:

www.hobbylink.com.sg
www.rotor.com.sg
www.speedline.com.sg
Old 06-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

u can try calling winnie in s'pore and see if u can work out something with her...she does shipping overseas...

i'll check with her in the evening personally and will update u on the payment method...i believe she normally send by normal parcel unless u request it,she will send by DHL which will b more xpensive...
Old 06-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Hope u guys don't mind .. just posting results of a buggy race in JB yesterday. also posted this in rc-racing.com:

JB - Perling Thunder Tiger Race (30/06/2002)

This was a last-minute race - We only confirmed our entries late in the week. So 8 of the regulars at our make-shift track made our way to JB on sunday AM. for almost half of us, it was the first time racing, myself included. it was a small club race, only 24 participants, missing many "big names" so the crowd was not *that* intimidating .. good for new racers! the original FUTABA CUP scheduled for the weekend was postponed to August because it clashed with the World Cup final. in any case, this race was also targetted to complete at 4pm to enable the racers to return home in time for the world cup.

Track layout: I found the most 2 challenging parts of the track were:
1. S-curve before the last sweeper - very easy to flip over if too close to the inner curb
2. double-jump - very challenging. after the last sweeper, you have take your line correctly (a margin of approx 2 feet width) in the inner portion of the track. if u hit the jump within these 2-ft width, you can clear the 2nd jump safely. (these 2-3 ft wide area were ard 4-6 inches higher than the rest of the jump) take the jump at any other spots and chances are, you'll either land on the peak of the second jump or on the slope.

in the morning, the track was still wet, "muddy", because of the evening downpour the day before. so Buldog was the tyre of choice. we ran 3 heats of 7 mins each. this was followed by a 30-min B main and a 45-min A main. quite sure everyone bettered their time from one heat to the next. for the 3rd heat and the mains, i switched to Adheris as the track was drying up very quickly. Other tyres used for the mains included Atomics and Crimefighters.

at the end of the heats, Hua Tai Heng TQ'ed, and I was a surprising 4th! 2nd and 3rd were JB racers.

Qualifying:

TQ - Hua Tai Heng
2. Nikko Cheng
3. Ah Chai
4. Me
5. Issac

B main was ran first. Garry (MP7.5/RB WS7), who drove aggressively and almost flawlessly, came in 1st despite only completing 1 heat earler! (during his heats - transmitter steering broke, car steering plate screw came undone, lower arm broke, etc ..) His engine started to behave "wildly" towards the end of the main, sounded badly out of tune and a loss of low-end punch. Later, found out that the exhaust pipe fuel line came undone.
Fyi, there was also a Crono RS01, GS Storm, MBX4 RR (?) and a couple of Thunder Tigers in this main.

A main was next. there were 5 singapore-based racers in the main. all 10 cars started off cleanly. Tony was the first to stop when his MP6 broke a front lower arm (don't think he had a replacement). ryucho was next when he had problems with his servo saver. Nikko had to stop not long after when he had some problems with his RB.

Hua Tai Heng started off like a rocket and looked unlikely to be caught by anyone. 2nd place also broke free from the remaining bunch. the 3rd to 7th buggies were close - running in the same lap up till the half-way mark. out of the blue, my V01, which was problem-free up till then, started overheating .. and flamed out on the same EXACT spot on the track 3X! very frustrating. it happened a few more times. had a quick check on my car, couldn't detect any air leak. all fuel lines were in place. no binding parts. bummer. so i quit at 51 laps. Issac was the next to stop at 52 laps with similar problems. Can't recall how the rest of the race went because i was troubleshooting my car but quite sure that the 5 remaining racers finished their race.

Below is the final result of A-main:

1. Hua Tai Heng - MP7.5/OS V01
2. Issyaf - ?? /RB
3. Ah Chai
4. Kelvin
5. JB's Ah M
6. Issac - MP7.5/Picco G1
7. me - MP7.5/OS V01
8. Nikko - EB4/RB C4(?)
9. Ryucho - MP7.5/RB S7
10.Tony - MP6/Picco G1

(sorry - not too sure of position 4 & 5)

the weather was excellent. at 1 pt, it looked like it was going to downpour and there were strong breeze. luckily the weather held up and we managed to complete the race on time.
all in all .. a thoroughly enjoyable outing. the no. of participants were just nice to ensure everyone had a good time, especially those racing for the 1st time. however, it also meant that you had a lot less time for maintenance in between heats!

btw, the 1/8 buggy race was held concurrently with a 1/10 gas TC race (on the adjacent track). thought Nikko and his assistants did a great job organising both races together and still completing them on time. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

thanx for the coverage!!!

looking 4ward 2 more...

the 'me' in the story is u izzit?...
Old 06-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

as 4 the shop dealing with thunder tiger at plaza angsana,...they aren't exactly the friendly sort...

i've been there a couple of times but always get the same treatment...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.